GUILTY NXIVM - Inside a Secretive Group Where Women are Branded

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Inside a Secretive Group Where Women Are Branded
ALBANY — Last March, five women gathered in a home near here to enter a secret sisterhood they were told was created to empower women.

To gain admission, they were required to give their recruiter — or “master,” as she was called — naked photographs or other compromising material and were warned that such “collateral” might be publicly released if the group’s existence were disclosed.

The women, in their 30s and 40s, belonged to a self-help organization called Nxivm, which is based in Albany and has chapters across the country, Canada and Mexico.

Sarah Edmondson, one of the participants, said she had been told she would get a small tattoo as part of the initiation. But she was not prepared for what came next.

[...]

‘Master, please brand me’: Inside the secretive self-help organization Nxivm

[...] Since the late 1990s, an estimated 16,000 people have enrolled in courses offered by Nxivm (pronounced Nex-e-um), which it says are designed to bring about greater self-fulfilment by eliminating psychological and emotional barriers. Most participants take some workshops, like the group’s “Executive Success Programs,” and resume their lives. But other people have become drawn more deeply into Nxivm, giving up careers, friends and families to become followers of its leader, Keith Raniere, who is known within the group as “Vanguard.”

[...]

In July, Edmondson filed a complaint with the New York State Department of Health against Danielle Roberts, a licensed osteopath and follower of Raniere, who performed the branding, according to Edmondson and another woman. In a letter, the agency said it would not look into Roberts because she was not acting as Edmondson’s doctor when the branding is said to have happened.

Separately, a state police investigator told Edmondson and two other women that officials would not pursue their criminal complaint against Nxivm because their actions had been consensual, a text message shows.

[...]

And from Albany Times Union, February 11, 2012:

Secrets of NXIVM
Some experts say Keith Raniere, the guru behind
an unusual training business, is really a cult leader

And from Albany Times Union, February 11, 2012:

Secrets of NXIVM
Some experts say Keith Raniere, the guru behind
an unusual training business, is really a cult leader

As far as being a cult, they had me at "Raniere has convinced some followers he doesn't drive because his intellectual energy sets off radar detectors..” but I realize there are people out there that need an expert to state the obvious.

Years of manipulation

Today, Oct 19, 2017

CBS "Inside Edition"

http://www.insideedition.com/women-...cret-societys-bizarre-initiation-ritual-37348

And, 2010 Vanity Fair (from the U.K. Edition)

The Heiresses and the Cult

"To family friends, Seagram heiresses Sara and Clare Bronfman are victims of a frightening, secretive “cult” called nxivm, which has swallowed as much as $150 million of their fortune. But the organization’s leader, Keith Raniere, seems also to have tapped into a complex emotional rift between the sisters and their father, billionaire philanthropist Edgar Bronfman Sr. The author investigates the accusations that are now flying—blackmail, perjury, forgery—in a many-sided legal war."

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2010/11/bronfman-201011

Jan 2017

Raniere even filed a lawsuit (which he lost) against Microsoft and AT&T

"... the appeals court issued a one-line order affirming a Texas federal court’s decision in March to dismiss the suit after finding that Keith Raniere did not have standing bring the case."

"... To prove standing, Raniere had to offer the court more than just a "piece of paper he writes up and says he owns everything.""

https://www.law360.com/articles/882141/fed-circ-upholds-microsoft-win-in-techie-cult-leader-row

:giggle::lol:

As far as being a cult, they had me at "Raniere has convinced some followers he doesn't drive because his intellectual energy sets off radar detectors..” but I realize there are people out there that need an expert to state the obvious.

Jokes aside this whole thing is so bizarre.

Recently a young woman went missing from a landmark self help seminar. Luckily she was found alive, but it prompted me to look into landmark since it wasn’t the first time someone disappeared after a seminar.

It’s truly a disgrace that “organizations” (for lack of better word) prey on people who attend these types of seminars and seek guidance from them.

How to find the “K-R” and ‘A-M’ in the DOS slave brand

attachment.php

http://niagarafallsreporter.com/find-k-r-m-dos-slave-brand/

Dude! That looks hella painful. :scared:

NXIVM co-founder Keith Raniere arrested, charged in federal complaint
Sex trafficking and forced labor counts filed as Raniere arrested in Mexico

Keith Raniere, the co-founder of the NXIVM corporation, a secretive Colonie-based organization that an expert has called an "extreme cult," was arrested in Mexico this week by the FBI based on a federal criminal complaint filed in the Eastern District of New York.

The complaint, filed recently in connection with an ongoing federal grand jury investigation being headed by the U.S. attorney's office in Brooklyn, charges Raniere with multiple counts of sex trafficking and forced labor.

(. . .)

This is so creepy. I had some interaction with these people back in the 2000s, via an equestrian organization I was working for. Even at the time, it struck me as super-bizarre, the way the heiresses seemed so starry-eyed when talking about them and so codependent on them (I remember the woman being around more than the man). I remember the woman (Nancy) being pretty much at their side all the time, at one or two particular competitions.

It was a long time ago, but I'm pretty intrigued by cults, so I have google-researched them from time to time, over the years. I was unaware of the October NYT article, and this thread lists a few other news pieces that I'm looking forward to reading. It is incredible how easily manipulated people can be by those with motive and carefully-developed processes to lure them in. Ugh.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...t-leader-to-recruit-women-witness-claims.html

The cult is called Nxivm (pronounced NEXIUM)

“Kreuk was also in the inner circle, but branding was a later addition to Raniere’s abuse of women,” Parlato said.called

But Mack stayed on and, according to Parlato, helped come up with the idea of sizzling the “brand” into initiates’ skin, near their groins, as they were held down. About 2-by-2-inches, the mark combined Raniere’s initials, KR, with Mack’s, AM.
Kreuk was also in the inner circle, but branding was a later addition to Raniere’s abuse of women,” Parlato said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back