Child Star from TV sitcom "Full House" in drug rehab...

Tristan

Reaction score
Jodi Sweetin, who played "Stephanie" on Full House is reportedly in rehab for Crystal Meth.

I saw this story in the tabloids...sorry, no link...has anyone else heard about this??

First Mary Kate Olsen's anorexia, now this.

Tristan said:
Jodi Sweetin, who played "Stephanie" on Full House is reportedly in rehab for Crystal Meth.

I saw this story in the tabloids...sorry, no link...has anyone else heard about this??

Oh know, thats terrible. OMG, Crystal Meth is the worst. I hadn't heard this, I really hope its not true, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Did any of you happen to watch Oprah today? About the actress that was on the Urkel show(cant think of the name of it):doh:

She always seemed like such a sweet kid.

Apparently, after appearing in "Full House", she couldn't get any other work.

She must get a lot of money in Royalties, though, since that show is aired like 4-5 times a day.

It must be hard for former child stars to make it as adult actresses.
Many have done it (Drew Barrymore, Natalie Portman, Jodi Foster, etc.)
but it is hit or miss.

In this week's issue: it is revealed that former Full House cutie Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner) is a recovering crystal meth addict, a serious issue plaguing America (not JUST the gay community).

Thankfully, Sweetin is out of rehab now and reportedly clean. However, crystal nearly destroyed her life, ruining her marriage and career.

With the help of some of her Full House castmates, Jodie had the courage to do what's right and get help. Life is simple, if you are in trouble, you need to get help. That's the simple life!

Sweetin is currently picking up the pieces of her life, and Candace Cameron is really playing the role of big sister, helping her every step of the way.

And, her former co-star John Stamos tells PerezHilton.com through his rep, "I love and support Jodie and I’m here for her in any way that she needs me."

Good luck Jodie!

http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/d...e_star_in_rehab_for_crystal_meth_20060118.php

lilpony said:
Did any of you happen to watch Oprah today? About the actress that was on the Urkel show(cant think of the name of it):doh:
no i heard it was good....

Tristan said:

MaryKate has a drug addiction also.

lilpony said:
Yes, I saw it. Sad.....The show is called Family Matters.

deandaniellws said:
Yes, I saw it. Sad.....The show is called Family Matters.
Yes, thanks that was it. I couldn't think of the name of the show for the life of me. :doh: Sad that she turned to a *advertiser censored* movie. How horrible.

lilpony said:
Yes, thanks that was it. I couldn't think of the name of the show for the life of me. :doh: Sad that she turned to a *advertiser censored* movie. How horrible.

You mean the girl who played Laura?

Candace Cameron is the only "Full House" girl who made a successful "afterlife" as an adult...she only acts rarely and has a happy marriage and several kids. She and her brother Kirk came from a devoutly Christian family and maybe that's why.

englishleigh said:
You mean the girl who played Laura?

Candace Cameron is the only "Full House" girl who made a successful "afterlife" as an adult...she only acts rarely and has a happy marriage and several kids. She and her brother Kirk came from a devoutly Christian family and maybe that's why.
i love kirk cameron, when i was growing up i had posters of him everywhere, i was surprised that he had become so devout as a christian but glad at the same time...I watch his show on TBN "way of the master" its pretty good...

michelle said:
i love kirk cameron, when i was growing up i had posters of him everywhere, i was surprised that he had become so devout as a christian but glad at the same time...I watch his show on TBN "way of the master" its pretty good...

I have never seen his movie "Left Behind" although I read most of those books.
Didn't he marry the girl who played his girlfriend on "Growing Pains"?

englishleigh said:
I have never seen his movie "Left Behind" although I read most of those books.
Didn't he marry the girl who played his girlfriend on "Growing Pains"?
yes he did, they also have a camp for kids called camp firefly and they help terminal kids and their families....I think him and his wife have a ton of kids, most adopted i believe...I have left behind it was good.

In the 1990s, the squeaky-clean sitcom Family Matters topped television ratings. Jaimee Foxworth, the child actress who played Judy Winslow, was living the Hollywood dream. She was making audiences laugh alongside Urkel, a cultural icon of the times, and making great money.

But, Jaimee's child stardom didn't last long. After only three seasons, Jaimee was let go from Family Matters, and she struggled to adjust to her new life.

Her family's money problems quickly mounted, and suddenly, Jaimee says, she was broke. Jaimee says she turned to alcohol and her life spiraled out of control.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200601/20060120/slide_20060120_284_101.jhtml

Once an innocent child star, Jaimee found herself entering into the seedy underworld of *advertiser censored*. At age 19, she says she agreed to do a photo shoot for a swimsuit calendar. When she arrived at the studio, Jaimee realized there was more money to be made in the adult film industry.

Intoxicated and feeling pressured by her boyfriend to come up with some cash, she agreed to do an explicit sex scene with another actress. During this time, Jaimee recounts that her "self-esteem was just completely to the floor."

"It was, to me, the quickest money," Jaimee says. "I was so naïve, and I was drinking."

After living the life of a child star, Jaimee says she didn't have any skills to fall back on and working at a fast-food joint wasn't an option that she considered. "I'd never lived a normal childhood," she says. "I always went to auditions."

Jaimee remembers feeling ridiculous and degraded after making a *advertiser censored* film, but she never thought anyone would find out…at least not for a few years.

But, less than a week after shooting the scene, the tabloids started calling. »

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back