Carrie Underwood Debuts First Album

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Growing up in rural Oklahoma, Carrie Underwood, "American Idol 2005" says she enjoyed things like playing on dirt roads, climbing trees, and, of course, singing. While her last hobby has taken her far beyond her country days, Underwood remains loyal to her roots.

"The country music community has really embraced me because America has voted in one of their own," Underwood tells CBSNews.com.

...Unlike former "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson, subject to a scolding from Simon Cowell for not letting her songs be used by new contestants on the show, Underwood says she would be "quite honored" if contestants chose to sing her songs.

..."I'm proud to carry the title of 'American Idol,'" Underwood says. "I'd like it to last as long as it can."

More: http://cbs4.com/entertainment/entertainment_story_021000048.html

:clap:

Good for Carrie! I wish her all the best! :)

Good going Carrie - I wish her much success!

I have it too and it's one of my favorite new CDs I have. Normally it takes me a while to get familar and used to the songs or hear them on the radio often but that's not true with this one. I enjoy each and every song.

PS I got Kelly Clarkson's for Christmas and I only like the 4 songs they play all the time on the radio. I think I'm going to like Carrie much more.

We're playing her single "Some Hearts." It's pretty good!! People seem to be liking it.

Dark Knight said:
We're playing her single "Some Hearts." It's pretty good!! People seem to be liking it.

You haven't been playing "Jesus, Take the Wheel"? That's one of the most played in America right now.

Carrie seems to be a down to earth gal.......

I wish her all the best / that girls has talent!

Anngelique said:
You haven't been playing "Jesus, Take the Wheel"? That's one of the most played in America right now.
I don't like Country Music but I LOVE this song, love Carrie and have her CD too! :)

Anngelique said:
I don't make those decisions, lol. But no, we haven't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back