FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/killings-11-days-terrorizing-tampa-neighborhood-police/story?id=50618418
Police in Florida are searching for whoever is "terrorizing" a Tampa neighborhood after three people were shot and killed in the same vicinity in less than two weeks.

The latest slaying occurred Thursday night when Anthony Naiboa, a 20-year-old man with autism, was killed in the southeast Seminole Heights neighborhood while on his way home from work, according to the Tampa Police Department.
Naiboa was killed about 200 to 300 yards away from where 22-year-old Benjamin Mitchell was killed on Oct. 9, Dugan said. His body was found almost directly in front of Mitchell's home, Dugan said.

Investigators are searching for a person who was seen in surveillance video near the area the night that Mitchell was killed.

"We don’t know if that is him, her or what, Dugan said. "Do not assume this is a white person, do not assume it’s a black person and do not assume it’s a male."

On Oct. 13, the body of Monica Caridad Hoffa was found about a half mile from where Mitchell was found, Dugan said in a news conference Tuesday. Police believe she died Oct. 11.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local...murders-someones-terrorizing-the-neighborhood
attachment.php

Chief Dugan warned anyone in the area to travel in groups and not to travel alone, and to always be aware of their surroundings, and not looking down at their phone. He also asked everyone in the neighborhood to turn on their porch lights and if they don't have any, police will get them one. "If you're walking alone, you're either a suspect or a potential victim, and that's what they need to remember in this neighborhood," he said.

Chief Dugan asked that anyone with information about who is in the video or any other information about whoever is doing this to come forward before he sent a message to the suspect: "Enough is enough. I don't know what your motive is, I don't know what your problem is. There's been enough carnage," he said.

Crime Stoppers is offering an $18,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the suspect. Anyone with information can call 1-800-873-TIPS (8477) to be eligible for the cash reward. Anyone can also report anonymously online at www.crimestopperstb.com.
POI
attachment.php

Attachments

• SEMINOLE HEIGHTS_1508516953630_4392038_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    SEMINOLE HEIGHTS_1508516953630_4392038_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 2,596
  • TPD_wants_to_know_who_is_in_this_video_0_4392036_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    TPD_wants_to_know_who_is_in_this_video_0_4392036_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,595
It appears, so far, that the killer does not have a particular physical characteristic that he favors -- not all whites, or blacks, or Hispanics; no seeming preference for women or men; not all blonds or brown haired or black haired. Certainly people alone & on foot at night; all were bus riders, it seems... what else?

Brian Dugan, interim Police Chief, certainly seemed to be very familiar with, and determined to solve, this case -- that's always good to see. He asked people in the area to keep their porch lights on, to not walk alone, and to be vigilant and alert.

Houses on E. Conover, near Frierson St. and New Orleans Ave. were smallish, older homes, but they looked well-kept with neat yards & clean streets. Certainly not a "rough-looking" area from what I saw. Probably similar to where some of us grew up 30, 40 or 50 years ago, when the houses were new and there were probably a lot of kids in the neighborhood in Anywhere, USA.

Three deaths already -- what sorrow to so many folks already, and a new fear to others, as well.
Let's hope this one ends soon.

Quiet Tampa neighborhood is terrorized by a suspected serial killer after three are shot dead at random in 11 days

• Cops in Tampa, Florida have launched a dragnet after string of shootings
  • Two men and one woman have been gunned down seemingly at random
  • Cops saturating the neighborhood heard shots that killed latest victim
  • Desperate plea to the public for information as murderer terrorizes public
attachment.php

Dugan pleaded with the public for information about the individual in the surveillance video, warning not to assume the suspect's race or gender, which cops could not determine from the footage.

'This is, you know, very frustrating,' Dugan said. 'I go from frustration to anger on these unsolved homicides. And now, we have someone who is terrorizing the neighborhood. It's just difficult to see this happen.'

The chief also urged the community not to retreat into their homes, and continue to maintain a public presence on the streets - though the department warns against walking alone at night.

'Do cookouts, walk your dog,' he said. 'We're not going to be held hostage by whoever's doing this.'

Anyone with information about the murders is urged to contact the Tampa Bay Police Department at 813-231-6130.

Attachments

• 4589303500000578-5003107-image-a-28_1508566685300.jpg
    4589303500000578-5003107-image-a-28_1508566685300.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,505
Thrill-killer? This is strange.

Even the cctv video of the suspect looks strange, imo.
LE say they do not know if the individual seen is black or white, male or female.
The POI certainly has a peculiar gait, imo. sort of wobbly as if/but not - wearing high heels- and almost seems to walk with one foot in front of the other, " model" style.
imo, speculation.

[video=youtube;hvlOtGLgL2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlOtGLgL2U[/video]

The CCTV footage. The way the person walks...it is eerie.

Hope they are caught very soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The suspect seems confident and determined. Straight posture, even strides. It may just be the video, but whoever it is looks very slim. I can see how "model" popped into your mind.

I wonder if a cell tower dump would be worthwhile here. Trying to find numbers which were in the area within say an hour of all three homicides.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...y-investigate-third-death-in-seminole/2341766
rbbm.
Authorities have said repeatedly that the victims did nothing wrong and there is no connection between them.

But there are similarities.
All three victims were bus riders and all three were shot at or near bus stops. Mitchell and Naiboa both attended Middleton High School.
Dugan cautions residents not to assume the person in the video is white or black, male or female. Investigators want to know what the person saw and eliminate him or her as a suspect.

Probably sounds silly but it almost looks robotic.

Even the cctv video of the suspect looks strange, imo.
LE say they do not know if the individual seen is black or white, male or female.
The POI certainly has a peculiar gait, imo. sort of wobbly as if/but not - wearing high heels- and almost seems to walk with one foot in front of the other, " model" style.
imo, speculation.

[video=youtube;hvlOtGLgL2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlOtGLgL2U[/video]

The gait reminds me of a cyclist or weight-lifter. Sorta flat-footed, but with more strength in the thighs. Distinctive, to be sure. Chilling

ETA: Maybe wearing flip-flops??? Or slip-on shoes that tend to slide off the heel/back of the foot?

ETA2: At the .35 mark, there appears to something glowing in their left-side back pocket. Cell phone, maybe?

WOW! I see a determined walk. Walking with a purpose versus a leisure walk. Any chance we're seeing a trans person? Shoulders remind me male, posture reminds me female. And walking around with the pistol out? Who does that? A very dangerous person! hope LE gets a major break in this soon!

This is awful

Has it been determined that this person in the video is in fact the killer?

That gait is purposeful...my first impression was that it's a woman, but looking a few times more...just don't know, could be either.

eta Seems like the person is wearing both a beanie and the hoodie? Isn't it still very warm in Tampa, even at night?

IMO the gait is very similar to those who have had a broken pelvis in the past. I thought the person looked female at first but after watching a couple times I’m not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awful

Has it been determined that this person in the video is in fact the killer?

That gait is purposeful...my first impression was that it's a woman, but looking a few times more...just don't know, could be either.

Same feeling here, whitelilac. Could be either. In the first three seconds (I know the lighting and video quality is awful so this is speculation, obviously), I see either defined pectorals or smallish female breasts, and both give an impression of a smaller waistline. Pants could be tight-fitting men’s jeans or women’s leggings. IMO

So eerie how they just pull the gun out and walk so casually with it out like that. ... Like a scene from a campy b-horror movie, but it’s just so menacing!!

I need to stop watching that clip. It’s going to give me nightmares. I hope and pray they find the perpetrator soon!

[emoji202]MOO

Had my husband watch with no knowledge of what he was watching or why. He says it's a cell phone in the hand. Slim person. Doesn't know race or sex. Doesn't see anything abnormal about the walk.

I wonder if a cell tower dump would be worthwhile here. Trying to find numbers which were in the area within say an hour of all three homicides.

Yes! That’s smart. Good idea. The cctv footage (at 35-second mark) looks like the suspect might have a cellphone in their back pocket. Seems to be glowing.

[emoji202]MOO

Person is wearing a beanie in addition to the hoodie from what I perceive. Purposely evading identification? Is it still warm in Tampa at night?

I don't know if that's a gun, ...checking cellphone, wouldn't that light up? I guess it depends on the make...mine does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail