Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
NCMU1311490c1.jpg

Date FoundOct 20, 2017
Location FoundGalveston, TX
Estimated Age3-5
SexMale
RaceHispanic
Hair ColorBrown
Eye ColorBrown
Estimated Height91 cm
Estimated Weight 13 kg

On October 20, 2017 an unidentified boy was found deceased along the beach in Galveston, Texas. The child’s body was found washed up on the beach near the 700 block of Seawall Blvd in Galveston. The child had been deceased 1-2 days before being found. He is estimated to be 3-5 years old and believed to be Hispanic or Caucasian. He had black hair, brown eyes and stood approximately 3 feet tall weighing around 28 pounds. The image above is a hand sketch composite provided by Texas authorities showing what the child may have looked like in life.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1311490

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/17178

abc13.com:

Toddler's body found on beach in Galveston, does not match any missing kids

The body of a young boy has washed ashore in Galveston.

Galveston police investigators say somebody walking down the beach found the body around 5:35 p.m. Friday near 7th and Seawall. The passerby spotted the body in the surf in an area that is not heavily trafficked.

Investigators say the body appears to be that of a white male between three and five years old.

They have yet to identify the child, who they say does not resemble any children who have been reported missing in the immediate area.

"This is a very unusual case. It's very difficult as a police officer, as an agency and as a community to have the death of a small child lying in the sand and to not have any answers to give anyone," said Galveston PD Capt. Joshua Schirard, adding that foul play has not been ruled out.

Schirard also said that bodies in the water decompose more slowly than those on land, so it is difficult to estimate how long the child had been dead without a more thorough examination.

An autopsy will determine how the boy died.
video at link above

Hoping there would be an update this morning :(

Poor baby! Someone has to be looking for this child.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

poor baby needs his name and a proper burial
and justice

I'm sitting here trying to think of how this could be an accident, but I can't come up with anything that makes sense. If it had been a boating accident, surely he would be wearing a life vest. If he had wandered off and drowned, someone would be looking for him. This is scary and sad. :(

Could he have died during the hurricanes and been submerged? And fam missing too so no report? Could he be an incoming refugee from Cuba? Floated from PR? Trying to think of alternatives to a murdered child [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Authorities have already checked with the coastguard - nothing has been reported. Also no reports of a missing swimmer from the shore and no reports of a missing child in the area that matches the description.

Unfortunately in the past the island has been used as a dumping ground for babies that have had horrific things done to them. Riley Ann Sawyers in October 2007 and Elijah Mullis less than a year later in 2008. :(

I've read that decomp is slower when in cold water, but this time of year the gulf is still relatively warm and hurricane Harvey and all of the flooding occurred nearly two months ago; also considering they were able to give age and race and are trying to match him to a missing report leads me to believe he may not have been deceased for very long before he was discovered.

The last thing anyone wants to hear is that someone took this baby's life, but circumstances all seem to point to that conclusion. :(

Sad. I hope they can figure out who this little one is. :( Makes me think of Bella Bond.

Sad. I hope they can figure out who this little one is. :( Makes me think of Bella Bond.

Oh god I hope its not another bella. But a normal parent/carer missing a wee one would report it, so it can't be good can it?

I can't help but wonder if he could be the child of illegals, and thus they are afraid to report him missing?

Omg this makes me think of Bella Bond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could this child's death be the result of a boating accident where parent(s) have been injured or died?

Could this child's death be the result of a boating accident where parent(s) have been injured or died?

But you'd think a friend or relative or someone would report them missing. I suppose anything is possible at this point.

The coast guard hasn't had any reports of missing vessels or persons, most of our family friendly boating occurs in the bay not the ocean - beach front conditions were rough yesterday.

But you'd think a friend or relative or someone would report them missing. I suppose anything is possible at this point.

I agree, it's been over 24hrs since they discovered the little boy - surely someone would report a missing family if they went out for the day and never came back? There was also no mention of a life jacket, if I had my toddler in a boat out in the ocean they would most definitely have one on - but on a day like yesterday I wouldn't dream of boating in the ocean with a toddler.

I hope he wasn't the child of a single Mom, who may be missing or injured as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital