President Trump to release classified JFK assassination files

gregjrichards

Reaction score
“President Donald Trump announced on Saturday that he will unseal tens of thousands never-before-seen documents on the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy.

The Washington Post reported that a number officials at various security agencies, however, are urging the President not to release some of the papers, which are being held by the National Archives and Records Administration.

'Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened,' Trump tweeted Saturday morning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5003755/Trump-release-secret-JFK-files.html#ixzz4w9b6L56t

It will be interesting to see what they reveal.

They'll release nothing which will shed light on those November days, having had over 50 years to scrub the documents and keep the truth hidden.

However, I remember hearing, way back when, that 2017 would be the year. I thought the standard, "I'll never live to see the day!" And hoped that I would hear the truth one day -- though being 63 is hard to imagine for a child.

So I will, but I won't.

No big reveal here, or ever, methinks. Not in a thousand lifetimes.

Because his country killed JFK.

Guardian:

Trump does not plan to block release of JFK assassination documents

Interesting how this is being framed. Legally, a decision whether to block or not to block the release has to be made on 10/26/17 of this year, as per the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992, regardless of the administration in place. This decision is simply due to be made. <modsnip>

Just keeping the attention on him while he's out golfing over the weekend........:deadhorse:

After all these years, I can't imagine there's anything in there that would present a threat to national security. It's all old stuff. JMO, the only negative fallout might be in damaging the reputations of some people and/or agencies. You play, you pay. I would still like to know what George HW Bush was doing, what he knew, back then. He was following something.

I have to wonder about what you said, wfgodot. Anything really important has already been scrubbed.

I'm very interested in this release, but like others, I think anything really juicy has been cleaned up.

They'll release nothing which will shed light on those November days, having had over 50 years to scrub the documents and keep the truth hidden.

However, I remember hearing, way back when, that 2017 would be the year. I thought the standard, "I'll never live to see the day!" And hoped that I would hear the truth one day -- though being 63 is hard to imagine for a child.

So I will, but I won't.

No big reveal here, or ever, methinks. Not in a thousand lifetimes.

Because his country killed JFK.

Guardian:

Trump does not plan to block release of JFK assassination documents

That was my thought too -- we have so many current day issues -- all we need is to look back 60 years -- now

It will be interesting

Yes JFK, Marilyn M and Bobby K all had to go away....why?
I'm reading a book called 'the last Brother" about Ted K.......a real eye opener.
Why did their dad meet mafia guys in Chicago just a week before???
so many angles to this plot.
Carolyn K. is the only person I feel sorry for. I hope she knows before us what the politicians have planned.

Yes JFK, Marilyn M and Bobby K all had to go away....why?
I'm reading a book called 'the last Brother" about Ted K.......a real eye opener.
Why did their dad meet mafia guys in Chicago just a week before???
so many angles to this plot.
Carolyn K. is the only person I feel sorry for. I hope she knows before us what the politicians have planned.

What? Caroline is the only person you feel sorry for?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think many of us who were around when JFK was assassinated hold a special fascination with the tragic event. I was in 8th grade and remember in great detail how I learned of the assassination (in school) and the days that followed.

Some years later, I used to go to the local public library once or twice a week to read the reference copy of the Warren Commission report. There was only one copy of the report that was available for reading in the library.

The Warren Commission report is now available to read online if you're interested.

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report

The day President Kennedy was killed is still so clear in my mind. I was in 9th grade, it was lunch time, I was coming out of the restroom, now imagine 7th, 8th and 9th graders all together for lunch and not one of us was speaking. No noise at all. It was so weird; the only words being spoken were coming from on principle on the loud speaker, telling us our President had been killed. It was horrible &#61516; our principle dismissed the school, he told us we could all go home, but none of left. We all just stayed there at school, some of us crying, hugging each other, we were in shock. It was a horrible time.

&#8220;The White House will allow intelligence, law enforcement and military organizations to black out portions of documents related to the John F. Kennedy assassination.

President Trump has decided to allow intelligence, law enforcement and military agencies to take the next six months to justify their requests to redact specific pages.

A White House official told DailyMail.com during a conference call that while Trump wants to remove the 'veil' of secrecy regarding the 1963 killing, he has 'no choice today but to accept those redactions rather than risk irreversible harm' to the country.

'There does remain sensitive information in the records,' the official said, often related to the identity of individuals involved, in their roles as informants.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rup-delays-releasing-files.html#ixzz4wegPy5Km

I doubt anything significant is going to be found now.

So that is that. Donnie Trump becomes a primary in the cover-up.

Once again, all bluster, empty promises and bombast. No results. Lather, rinse, repeat... I'm SHOCKED, just SHOCKED I tell you...:back:

There is a lot of "who knew what and when did they know it". I've already read some of the minutes of the Church Committee meetings. This was an early Senate investigatory committee that looked into how well the Warren Committee had investigated the assassination. They found that J. Edgar Hoover had severely limited the FBI investigation so as to not look beyond Oswald. And that the CIA had participated with the Mafia in a plot to assassinate Fidel Castro. The Committee published a report of their findings at the time but it was "sanitized". These documents name who was at what meeting and what was discussed.

It's a lot of the same old, same old, though, in the sense of a lower level CIA case officer testified truthfully and spilled the beans about the Castro assassination plot and then the higher ups like the White House people "couldn't recall" or "had no memory of that" when testifying before the Church Committee.

There is a wealth of information released, none of which is going to make the CIA or the FBI look good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back