Found Alive MA - David Risch, 58, Haverhill, 19 Oct 2017

FlossyMay

Reaction score
http://valleypatriot.com/haverhill-police-seek-missing-man/

http://www.america.easybranches.com...an-missing-from-Haverhill-nursing-home-233228

According to police, the nursing home staff reported that on Thursday at 2 p.m. resident David Risch told the staff he was going for a walk. He did not return, police said.

Police described Risch as 6 feet tall and weighing approximately 220 pounds. He has gray hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a shirt that is pink or red.
Anyone who sees Risch is asked to call Haverhill police at 978-373-1212 or any other police department.

attachment.php

Attachments

• a pinky-love.jpeg
    a pinky-love.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 253
He's young to be in a nursing home so I worry about any medical conditions.

He's young to be in a nursing home so I worry about any medical conditions.

My first thought was early-onset dementia, but I don't think they would have let him take a walk if so. I hope he is safe and just didn't want to be there.

Yes, this seems to be the same people!

Love your piccie, BTW.

I live in the area - apparently where David was living the residents can come and go voluntarily, similar to an assisted living facility. According to staff personnel he spent a lot of time at Northern Essex Community College library nearby. That was one of the first places they looked. Just one more tidbit, the Joan Risch Wikipedia page you referenced was updated 11 days ago.

My first thought was early-onset dementia, but I don't think they would have let him take a walk if so. I hope he is safe and just didn't want to be there.

Skigirl. apparently he goes for walks daily from the facility. I get the sense that life has been difficult for him (completely understandable...) As I also mentioned, he spent a lot of time at the nearby local CC library...So, let me ask you...play detective for a minute...where would you think he might go to?

Joan’s sad case has long fascinated me, how sad that her son is now missing. Poor fellow. I took a look at the website of the assisted living facility where he lived, there’s a lake nearby. Could he have wandered into it somehow and drowned? Victim of a crime while walking? Is it a good area or shady at all? I wonder if he has family nearby, I know from Joan’s case he had an older sister, maybe he got it in his head he was going to walk to her home? Just throwing things out.

Wikipedia does updates pretty much on going. If you click on the "last updated" link it will show what the update was. In this case it was grammatical.
This is a strange story. His grandparents die in "suspicious" fire. Mom disappears under suspicious circumstances. Now David is gone. Sounds like a mystery novel.
Hoping he is safe!

It's basically the same info as msm gave out. Only additions really is that it is now a Silver alert and they have conducted extensive searches of the area with no luck.

So, glad he was found... particularly found in good health.

'Just hope he can still retain freedom to visit the places he likes/enjoys but maybe with a little more supervision and/or safer restriction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back