VA-Middle school students sexually assault black students, yell slurs

animlzrule

Reaction score
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS!!!! IN 2017!!!! WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS????

KSLA reports that the incident took place on Friday in a locker room before football practice.

"One of the players pinned to the ground reportedly skipped practice and went home after the incident.

“I felt bad for my child who had to experience this,” said one black mother who remained unidentified so as not to put her child in further harm’s way.

“You see kids in the locker room forcing kids over the bench. You see kids on the ground thrusting on other kids making racial slurs as they’re thrusting … You see the kids asking to get up and to stop and screaming,” said one of the parents."

http://www.ksla.com/story/36631483/...-students-simulating-sex-yelling-racist-rants

Disgusting. Sick "kids".

Social media, time and time again complete fools posting their crimes, nothing will happen to them. Meanwhile another person is scared for life.

Ciao

Racially charged video of Henrico students simulating sex acts under investigation

A video of the incident was posted on Snapchat. In the video, text placed over the simulated acts read, “We gonna (expletive) the black outta these African-American children from Uganda.”

CBS 6 reached out to Henrico Police, who said they are aware of the video and are investigating.

Henrico County School spokesperson Andy Jenks said he could not get into specifics about the incident, but said the school system will “take appropriate action.”

“The contents of which are offensive and wrong. The school division will take appropriate action in accordance with our normal procedures,” said Jenks. “Beyond that, federal law prohibits school divisions from sharing additional information about students.”

That sort of bullying and doxxing is not relegated to just children.

So-called adults do it too, and ruin people's lives.

IMO, anyone who acts this way is just a nasty, miserable person who will only be happy if they are sowing discord.

Social media, time and time again complete fools posting their crimes, nothing will happen to them. Meanwhile another person is scared for life.

Ciao

Actually, from that article, there were two individuals exposed to this vile incident.

“Was this some kind of racial situation?” said Nelson. “If it's young kids being held against their will and being sexually manipulated, then that's one thing.”

“They were not ok with it,” the parent said referring to her son and the other black student.
“Was he in a position to defend himself?” NBC 12 asked.
“No. He had people that were straddling over on top of him,” she said. “Racism should not be tolerated … You should be able to send your kids to school and feel they are being protected and safe.”

http://www.ksla.com/story/36631483/...-students-simulating-sex-yelling-racist-rants

This is the face of our racism, in October, 2017. This is terrorism, and those terrorized, will most definitely be scarred for life.

IMO they will certainly experience PTSD.

Statement from Henrico County Schools:

The Henrico County School Board is deeply concerned by the actions of students in the video taken in a Short Pump Middle School (SPMS) locker room. Adamantly, behavior of this type will not be tolerated in our schools. As noted in the HCPS Student Activities Contract, “Participation in athletics and other student activities is a privilege and as such, requires that students adhere to certain rules.”

As a consequence of the students’ actions that came to the school’s attention on Monday, the remaining football games for the SPMS football team will be forfeited; however, practices will continue. A mandatory component of practices will be discussions that focus on reporting responsibilities, accountability, ethics, sexual harassment, and racial tolerance. We acknowledge that all team members were not involved in the incident; however, we believe there are important lessons/reminders that should be reinforced with all team members.

The school division will also develop action steps for preventing such incidents in our schools. We will include staff, parent, administrator and student representatives in this dialogue. Our hope is to use this very unfortunate event as a meaningful learning opportunity for students moving forward.

Again, there is no place in HCPS for the kind of behavior portrayed in the video. We have extremely high expectations, and students who fail to meet the Code of Student Conduct standards will be addressed promptly and appropriately. While we realize many families would like to know more, we are prohibited from providing information pertaining to students.

As we move forward, we welcome your thoughts and comments as we work to better our school division and community.

Sincerely,

Beverly L. Cocke, Chair
Roscoe D. Cooper, III, Vice Chair
Lisa A. Marshall
John W. Montgomery, Jr.
Michelle “Micky” F. Ogburn

http://www.richmond.com/letter-from-henrico-schools/pdf_6f56d559-0747-5a9e-a157-a7ca31ee5896.html

https://www.facebook.com/HenricoCou...344297926068/1517652858328534/?type=3&theater

Excuse me! That is criminal behavior. Can you even imagine if black students had done that to white? They would be headed to the court system!

I don't know how it would work, but assuming there are some consequences to be had for their behavior, it would be meaningful if these students, along with their parents, had to participate in some sort of community outreach or community service program. I'm not saying that parents are necessarily responsible for the behavior of their kids, but I think what these students have done deserves pretty deep reflection and consideration of what kinds of messages they receive both at home and in the community at large. Many have been emboldened of late and this type of degenerate behavior needs a harsh and swift response.

well that's a start, I suppose?

How about expelling the holder of the account that posted the video?

Common decency, folks. We're losing our common decency.

TEACH IT to the children, INSIST upon it from ourselves. Don't slack off, don't let things slide, pay attention and INSIST on decency.

jmo

Experts speak out after disturbing, racist video of Short Pump students

"What we will be doing is filing a federal complaint with the office of civil rights,” said Lorraine Wright with the "I Vote for Me" human rights group.

"Clearly, the intent was to dehumanize the boy of color, and that's something we can’t sweep under the rug and mischaracterize as ‘offensive and wrong’ because it was way beyond that,” Wright added.

"This should have been shared. The community needs to be aware of what's happening in our schools with our children,” Dr. Marla Crawford with Advocates for Equity in Schools added.

Now, Henrico Police are investigating to determine whether they agree.

"I see hate crimes because of the language that's used. I see sexual assault…They need to involve the federal level personnel because a hate crime is federal,” Dr. Crawford added.

Virginia police investigating video that shows middle schoolers simulating sex, shouting racist remarks

Police are investigating clips shared on Snapchat that see white student athletes from a Virginia school pinning down black students and simulating sex while shouting racially charged comments.

In an open letter to parents, officials explained the school had been aware of the video since Monday, prompting many to wonder why they waited so long to take action.

“Racism should not be tolerated ... You should be able to send your kids to school and feel they are being protected and safe.”

So the students involved are allowed to continue practicing? That's wrong. What a soft response.

So the students involved are allowed to continue practicing? That's wrong. What a soft response.

Well..
The team will also undergo mandatory “ethics, sexual harassment, and racial tolerance” training.

Like they didn't know what they were doing was wrong.

In a statement, Denisha Potts, vice president and interim education chair for the Chesterfield Branch NAACP, wrote, “The school district has an obligation to protect the lives of other innocent students by detaining the criminals displayed in the video. Protecting them will only send a message of permitting them to do it again. This culture of dismissive attitudes regarding abuse toward black and brown children of color must stop.”

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/middle-school-football-season-canceled-racist-snapchats

when it starts at the top, and we see every day that bullying is ok, encouraged even, it should come as no surprise that this stuff happens. SMH...

When our country is in an unfortunate time where certain kinds of people are pushing an agenda of supremacy on the highest levels, these children will start believing this is normalized behavior.

It's disgusting that children are taught that 'grabbing someone by the...' and forcing them to kiss you back is just normal locker room behavior. No one in any lockerroom I was in ever advocated or bragged about sexual assault. We need to stand up and despite what certain agendas are trying to influence, teach our children sexual assult and misogyny are not acceptable.

When our country is in an unfortunate time where certain kinds of people are pushing an agenda of supremacy on the highest levels, these children will start believing this is normalized behavior.

SBM - thank you. But it's not just children, sadly. Some adults (parents, teachers, leaders of all types even) are doing and saying things now that haven't been voiced or acted upon in the recent past because it has been NORMALIZED.

BINGO. You said it perfectly. I am just applying it to some adults as well.

IMO - This incident will be huge and we certainly have not heard the end of it.

Very sad for the victims. Some things, no matter how much therapy, can't be undone.

SBM - thank you. But it's not just children, sadly. Some adults (parents, teachers, leaders of all types even) are doing and saying things now that haven't been voiced or acted upon in the recent past because it has been NORMALIZED.

BINGO. You said it perfectly. I am just applying it to some adults as well.

IMO - This incident will be huge and we certainly have not heard the end of it.

Very sad for the victims. Some things, no matter how much therapy, can't be undone.

Adults I like to believe can critical think (at times) but kids learn from parents. The current state of America where even our leaders can brag about sexual assult and pass it off as locker room talk is enabling this.

when it starts at the top, and we see every day that bullying is ok, encouraged even, it should come as no surprise that this stuff happens. SMH...

I am surprised it took to post #16 to get political.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back