Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 230
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    567

    IL - Olamide Elizabeth Adeyooye, 21, Normal, 13 Oct 2005

    *******MISSING WOMAN, OLAMIDE ADEYOOYE, FROM NORMAL, ILLINOIS********

    On October 13th at around 9 P.M., Olamide Elizabeth Adeyooye (Oh-LAH-Mee-Day Ah-Day-YO-yay) went missing from her apartment on Market Street in Normal, Illinois (Illinois State University) She is nicknamed "Ola" or "Ollie."

    She was last seen at Family Video around the same time, however, managed to reach her apartment and put one of the videos in. When her apartment was broken into on Saturday by her friends, we found her cell phone on her couch and her TV was on. Her car and keys and purse are missing, and her door was locked.

    If you would like to see a picture of what she looks like, you can go to www.myspace.com/olamide1

    This woman is incredibly important not only to me, but to her boyfriend Andy Wildrick and the rest of the indie band The Junior Varsity. We're all shocked and heartbroken by her disappearance and and imploring people all around the country to help us any way that they see fit.

    She is 21 years old, 110 pounds, and about 5'3". She is of Nigerian descent and has shoulder length, natural black hair and dark eyes.

    If you would like to read the whole account of the story, you can visit blog.myspace.com/petrey. I will be updating on a daily basis as SOON as new information becomes available to me. If you have any information regarding her disappearance, you can call Ashley Petrey at 630-674-7949 or the Normal, Illinois Police Department at 309-454-9535. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to help us find our beloved Olamide, please contact me, Ashley Petrey, and I can send you a flyer or help you get started.

    Please don't disregard this, this has shaken up a whole university, not to mention the entire town of Bloomington-Normal.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    567




    her myspace picture. Such a pretty girl.

    By the way, does anyone know why we can't post pictures on here, only links? It sure would be helpful. I can see her picture right now when I'm posting this, but once I submit it, it's only a link.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    metro Detroit, more or less
    Posts
    2,809
    From the /petrey website (I hope it's ok to copy this much):

    Ola's brother checked her cell phone (65 missed calls) and we saw that the last calls made and received were both around 9:30 on Thursday night. Also, the movie from Family Video was in the T.V. and the bathroom light was on. Her comforter was also missing, but I really didn't think about that until tonight, which I'll explain later.

    <snip>

    The thing about the bedspread that has just come to be in the last few hours or so is the laundromat open 24 hours on Clinton street in a questionable neighborhood in Bloomington. We used the laundromat and always joked about how we really shouldn't be using it because...well, it was just a LITTLE more than dangerous. So if she left her apartment, her phone, her T.V. and lights on, and took her purse and her comfortor is missing...that seems like a viable option to me. The Laundromat thing.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715
    It says image is on.

    So either imaging is not really on or the syntax as shown in the F.A.Q. example might be incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee
    *******MISSING WOMAN, OLAMIDE ADEYOOYE, FROM NORMAL, ILLINOIS********

    On October 13th at around 9 P.M., Olamide Elizabeth Adeyooye (Oh-LAH-Mee-Day Ah-Day-YO-yay) went missing from her apartment on Market Street in Normal, Illinois (Illinois State University) She is nicknamed "Ola" or "Ollie."

    She was last seen at Family Video around the same time, however, managed to reach her apartment and put one of the videos in. When her apartment was broken into on Saturday by her friends, we found her cell phone on her couch and her TV was on. Her car and keys and purse are missing, and her door was locked.

    If you would like to see a picture of what she looks like, you can go to www.myspace.com/olamide1

    This woman is incredibly important not only to me, but to her boyfriend Andy Wildrick and the rest of the indie band The Junior Varsity. We're all shocked and heartbroken by her disappearance and and imploring people all around the country to help us any way that they see fit.

    She is 21 years old, 110 pounds, and about 5'3". She is of Nigerian descent and has shoulder length, natural black hair and dark eyes.

    If you would like to read the whole account of the story, you can visit blog.myspace.com/petrey. I will be updating on a daily basis as SOON as new information becomes available to me. If you have any information regarding her disappearance, you can call Ashley Petrey at 630-674-7949 or the Normal, Illinois Police Department at 309-454-9535. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to help us find our beloved Olamide, please contact me, Ashley Petrey, and I can send you a flyer or help you get started.

    Please don't disregard this, this has shaken up a whole university, not to mention the entire town of Bloomington-Normal.
    hmmm good question



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,034
    Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    From the /petrey website (I hope it's ok to copy this much):

    Ola's brother checked her cell phone (65 missed calls) and we saw that the last calls made and received were both around 9:30 on Thursday night. Also, the movie from Family Video was in the T.V. and the bathroom light was on. Her comforter was also missing, but I really didn't think about that until tonight, which I'll explain later.

    <snip>

    The thing about the bedspread that has just come to be in the last few hours or so is the laundromat open 24 hours on Clinton street in a questionable neighborhood in Bloomington. We used the laundromat and always joked about how we really shouldn't be using it because...well, it was just a LITTLE more than dangerous. So if she left her apartment, her phone, her T.V. and lights on, and took her purse and her comfortor is missing...that seems like a viable option to me. The Laundromat thing.
    I don't know, it seems like a young woman going alone at night to the laundromat would definitely take her cell phone.

    If she left the t.v. and lights on, it kind of sounds like she wasn't planning to be gone very long - assuming she left of her own accord.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    567
    yeah...probably she went to the laundromat to put the comforter in the dryer real quick...i'm sure she wasn't planning on being gone too long, which is why she didn't take her cell. Still...in a neighborhood like that I don't know how she would've been brave enough to go out without it.


    another therory is...foul play could've happened and the bedspread could've been used to help carry the body out of the apt.

    so sad...she was a senior laboratory science major....smart girl. I just have a bad feeling about this one.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,034
    Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee
    yeah...probably she went to the laundromat to put the comforter in the dryer real quick...i'm sure she wasn't planning on being gone too long, which is why she didn't take her cell. Still...in a neighborhood like that I don't know how she would've been brave enough to go out without it.


    another therory is...foul play could've happened and the bedspread could've been used to help carry the body out of the apt.

    so sad...she was a senior laboratory science major....smart girl. I just have a bad feeling about this one.
    I had the same thought about the comforter, that it could have been used to carry her out. If that is the case, there may have been more than one person involved. Although she isn't a big woman by any means, it would still be difficult for one person to carry a woman wrapped in a comforter all by himself/herself.

    Do you know if there was any video surveillance at Family Video? I'm wondering if someone saw her there and followed her home. Surveillance video might indicate if someone was following her or talking to her at the video store.

    I will pray for a good outcome.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,780
    She drives a dark green 1996 Toyota Corolla with license plate LBG 927.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,034
    Quote Originally Posted by absolut
    She drives a dark green 1996 Toyota Corolla with license plate LBG 927.
    I didn't realize her car was missing, too.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    metro Detroit, more or less
    Posts
    2,809
    http://www.riehlworldview.com/carniv...mment-10414240

    There's an article on Riehl now - the more coverage the better....


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    567
    http://www.npd.org/adeyooye.htm

    Her car IS missing. Green 1996 toyota corolla.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    322
    Sorry if this was mentioned....Are her keys to her house missing, as well as her purse?


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    metro Detroit, more or less
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by sondrad
    Sorry if this was mentioned....Are her keys to her house missing, as well as her purse?
    From her friend's blog (underlining is by me):

    She was last seen at Family Video around the same time, however, managed to reach her apartment and put one of the videos in. When her apartment was broken into on Saturday by her friends, we found her cell phone on her couch and her TV was on. Her car and keys and purse are missing, and her door was locked.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    metro Detroit, more or less
    Posts
    2,809
    I'm not familiar with the area....does anyone know what the landscape of Normal is like? Specifically, are there any ravines, or places she could have had an accident and gone off the road too far to be seen?


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,034
    Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    From her friend's blog (underlining is by me):

    She was last seen at Family Video around the same time, however, managed to reach her apartment and put one of the videos in. When her apartment was broken into on Saturday by her friends, we found her cell phone on her couch and her TV was on. Her car and keys and purse are missing, and her door was locked.
    Thanks for the post, I had somehow overlooked the part about her car being missing. So she took her car, keys and purse, but left behind her cell phone. Assuming she left of her own accord, it sounds like she left in a hurry, not stopping to turn off lights or the t.v., or to pick up her cell phone. But she did take the time to pick up her comforter, and lock her door.

    This is very puzzling. I'm so used to having my cell phone with me when I drive anywhere that I automatically pick it up when leaving the house. Especially if I were leaving late in the evening by myself. I assume the police have checked her phone for any calls made or received the evening of her disappearance.

    The missing comforter is odd - why would she take that? Someone posted that maybe she went to the laundromat, located in a rather unsavory part of town. But if that were the case, I feel certain she would have taken her cell phone. And why leave the t.v. on if you know you're going to be gone for a while at the laundromat?

    If someone harmed Ollie, the comforter may have been taken because of blood or other evidence on it. I wonder what the layout of the apartment complex is - would it be possible for someone to carry her out of her apartment without being seen?

    Finally, have the police made any statements about this case that anyone is aware of?


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,169
    Boy, this myspace.com place is sure popping up in cases all around this board!


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,169
    Police investigate disappearance of ISU student
    Published October 18, 2005

    Police in Downstate Normal said Monday that they do not yet suspect foul play in last week's disappearance of a 21-year-old Illinois State University student from west suburban Berkeley, but her close friends fear otherwise.

    Olamide Adeyooye--"Ola" to her friends--is a good student completing her studies for a degree in laboratory sciences. Until this weekend, she reliably showed up for her shifts at a Ruby Tuesday restaurant, her friends said.

    The last time anyone spoke with Adeyooye was Thursday night when she chatted on her cell phone with a friend and with her boyfriend, who was out of state, friends said.

    When her cell phone was found in her Market Street apartment, it had 65 missed calls. The last connected call was made at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, friends said.


    More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=1&cset=true


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,169
    Search On For Missing College Student

    Illinois State Co-Ed Last Seen Thursday

    POSTED: 6:24 pm CDT October 17, 2005

    Olamide Adeyooye, 21, is a senior who goes by the nicknames "Ola" or "Ollie."


    She was last seen at a video store near campus on Thursday.


    More: http://www.nbc5.com/news/5110122/det...94&dppid=65192


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,169
    Downstate police search for missing college student


    21-year-old attends Illinois State Univ.

    October 17, 2005 - Authorities in downstate Illinois are searching for missing college student. Olamide Adeyoye, 21, was reported missing on Saturday by her family.

    Police do not suspect foul play.

    More: http://www.abclocal.go.com/wls/story...cal&id=3545069


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    metro Detroit, more or less
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Police do not suspect foul play.
    Odd. I wonder why not?


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,169
    Chicago Media Links:


    ABC Affiliate: http://www.abclocal.go.com/wls/


    CBS Affiliate: http://www.abclocal.go.com/wls/


    NBC Affiliate: http://www.nbc5.com/index.html

    FOX Affiliate: http://www.foxchicago.com/


    WB / WGN: http://wgntv.trb.com/


    Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/


    Chicago Sun Tiumes: http://www.suntimes.com/index/


  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Boy, this myspace.com place is sure popping up in cases all around this board!
    That's because it's so popular with kids and young adults.


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,034
    I imagine the police are still doing an investigation of this, and aren't willing to say that foul play is involved. But her friends certainly seem to think otherwise. And from what I read of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, it doesn't sound like Ollie just decided to go away for a while. Why leave on the t.v.? Why not take the cell phone? And why take the comforter? And if she did want to get away, why didn't she wait until morning instead of heading out at night, after renting a video? It just doesn't seem likely.

    By all accounts, she is a good student, holding down a job, and has good friends and a loving family. It seems unlikely that she would disappear on her own. BUT - I read the blog referred to at the beginning of this thread. In it, they mention that people shouldn't believe certain things that are being said about Ollie, but they don't give any details as to what those things are.

    College student Taylor Behl was abducted and killed by someone she knew. He was not a college student, but he hung around with college kids. He was involved in all kinds of unsavory things. If there is a similar person in Ollie's life, please make sure law enforcement is aware of that person. Don't try to spare Ollie's feelings by keeping it secret.

    I hope this lovely young lady is found safe and sound, and very soon.


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,747
    Officials at Illinois State University are asking for help in the mysterious disappearance of a student.

    Adeyooye is 5 feet 3 inches and 110 pounds, with black hair and eyes.

    She drives a dark green Toyota Corolla, with license plate number LBG927. http://www.nbc5.com/news/5110122/det...4&dppid=65193#
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    metro Detroit, more or less
    Posts
    2,809
    The myspace blog I was referencing earlier - now I can't get to it. I wonder what gives??


Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. UK UK - Julia Wallace murder, Liverpool, 1931
    By STANDREID in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 05-09-2015, 07:51 AM
  2. IL IL - Maurice Binion, 41, Lawndale, 14 Dec 2013
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Information and Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 12:14 AM
  3. CA CA: CHICAS, Maurice Age 34 Found 9/4/1997
    By MissSunshine in forum Unclaimed Persons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 02:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •