IL - Olamide Adeyooye, 21, Normal, 13 Oct 2005

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
*******MISSING WOMAN, OLAMIDE ADEYOOYE, FROM NORMAL, ILLINOIS********

On October 13th at around 9 P.M., Olamide Elizabeth Adeyooye (Oh-LAH-Mee-Day Ah-Day-YO-yay) went missing from her apartment on Market Street in Normal, Illinois (Illinois State University) She is nicknamed "Ola" or "Ollie."

She was last seen at Family Video around the same time, however, managed to reach her apartment and put one of the videos in. When her apartment was broken into on Saturday by her friends, we found her cell phone on her couch and her TV was on. Her car and keys and purse are missing, and her door was locked.

If you would like to see a picture of what she looks like, you can go to www.myspace.com/olamide1

This woman is incredibly important not only to me, but to her boyfriend Andy Wildrick and the rest of the indie band The Junior Varsity. We're all shocked and heartbroken by her disappearance and and imploring people all around the country to help us any way that they see fit.

She is 21 years old, 110 pounds, and about 5'3". She is of Nigerian descent and has shoulder length, natural black hair and dark eyes.

If you would like to read the whole account of the story, you can visit blog.myspace.com/petrey. I will be updating on a daily basis as SOON as new information becomes available to me. If you have any information regarding her disappearance, you can call Ashley Petrey at 630-674-7949 or the Normal, Illinois Police Department at 309-454-9535. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to help us find our beloved Olamide, please contact me, Ashley Petrey, and I can send you a flyer or help you get started.

Please don't disregard this, this has shaken up a whole university, not to mention the entire town of Bloomington-Normal.

79888483_l.jpg

her myspace picture. Such a pretty girl.

By the way, does anyone know why we can't post pictures on here, only links? It sure would be helpful. I can see her picture right now when I'm posting this, but once I submit it, it's only a link.

From the /petrey website (I hope it's ok to copy this much):

Ola's brother checked her cell phone (65 missed calls) and we saw that the last calls made and received were both around 9:30 on Thursday night. Also, the movie from Family Video was in the T.V. and the bathroom light was on. Her comforter was also missing, but I really didn't think about that until tonight, which I'll explain later.

<snip>

The thing about the bedspread that has just come to be in the last few hours or so is the laundromat open 24 hours on Clinton street in a questionable neighborhood in Bloomington. We used the laundromat and always joked about how we really shouldn't be using it because...well, it was just a LITTLE more than dangerous. So if she left her apartment, her phone, her T.V. and lights on, and took her purse and her comfortor is missing...that seems like a viable option to me. The Laundromat thing.

It says image is on.
http://myspace-483.vo.llnwd.net/00079/38/48/79888483_l.jpg
79888483_l.jpg

So either imaging is not really on or the syntax as shown in the F.A.Q. example might be incorrect.
jodierenee said:
*******MISSING WOMAN, OLAMIDE ADEYOOYE, FROM NORMAL, ILLINOIS********

On October 13th at around 9 P.M., Olamide Elizabeth Adeyooye (Oh-LAH-Mee-Day Ah-Day-YO-yay) went missing from her apartment on Market Street in Normal, Illinois (Illinois State University) She is nicknamed "Ola" or "Ollie."

She was last seen at Family Video around the same time, however, managed to reach her apartment and put one of the videos in. When her apartment was broken into on Saturday by her friends, we found her cell phone on her couch and her TV was on. Her car and keys and purse are missing, and her door was locked.

If you would like to see a picture of what she looks like, you can go to www.myspace.com/olamide1

This woman is incredibly important not only to me, but to her boyfriend Andy Wildrick and the rest of the indie band The Junior Varsity. We're all shocked and heartbroken by her disappearance and and imploring people all around the country to help us any way that they see fit.

She is 21 years old, 110 pounds, and about 5'3". She is of Nigerian descent and has shoulder length, natural black hair and dark eyes.

If you would like to read the whole account of the story, you can visit blog.myspace.com/petrey. I will be updating on a daily basis as SOON as new information becomes available to me. If you have any information regarding her disappearance, you can call Ashley Petrey at 630-674-7949 or the Normal, Illinois Police Department at 309-454-9535. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to help us find our beloved Olamide, please contact me, Ashley Petrey, and I can send you a flyer or help you get started.

Please don't disregard this, this has shaken up a whole university, not to mention the entire town of Bloomington-Normal.
hmmm good question

http://myspace-483.vo.llnwd.net/00079/38/48/79888483_l.jpg

amandab said:
From the /petrey website (I hope it's ok to copy this much):

Ola's brother checked her cell phone (65 missed calls) and we saw that the last calls made and received were both around 9:30 on Thursday night. Also, the movie from Family Video was in the T.V. and the bathroom light was on. Her comforter was also missing, but I really didn't think about that until tonight, which I'll explain later.

<snip>

The thing about the bedspread that has just come to be in the last few hours or so is the laundromat open 24 hours on Clinton street in a questionable neighborhood in Bloomington. We used the laundromat and always joked about how we really shouldn't be using it because...well, it was just a LITTLE more than dangerous. So if she left her apartment, her phone, her T.V. and lights on, and took her purse and her comfortor is missing...that seems like a viable option to me. The Laundromat thing.
I don't know, it seems like a young woman going alone at night to the laundromat would definitely take her cell phone.

If she left the t.v. and lights on, it kind of sounds like she wasn't planning to be gone very long - assuming she left of her own accord.

yeah...probably she went to the laundromat to put the comforter in the dryer real quick...i'm sure she wasn't planning on being gone too long, which is why she didn't take her cell. Still...in a neighborhood like that I don't know how she would've been brave enough to go out without it.

another therory is...foul play could've happened and the bedspread could've been used to help carry the body out of the apt. :(

so sad...she was a senior laboratory science major....smart girl. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

jodierenee said:
yeah...probably she went to the laundromat to put the comforter in the dryer real quick...i'm sure she wasn't planning on being gone too long, which is why she didn't take her cell. Still...in a neighborhood like that I don't know how she would've been brave enough to go out without it.

another therory is...foul play could've happened and the bedspread could've been used to help carry the body out of the apt. :(

so sad...she was a senior laboratory science major....smart girl. I just have a bad feeling about this one.
I had the same thought about the comforter, that it could have been used to carry her out. If that is the case, there may have been more than one person involved. Although she isn't a big woman by any means, it would still be difficult for one person to carry a woman wrapped in a comforter all by himself/herself.

Do you know if there was any video surveillance at Family Video? I'm wondering if someone saw her there and followed her home. Surveillance video might indicate if someone was following her or talking to her at the video store.

I will pray for a good outcome.

She drives a dark green 1996 Toyota Corolla with license plate LBG 927.

absolut said:
She drives a dark green 1996 Toyota Corolla with license plate LBG 927.
I didn't realize her car was missing, too.

sondrad said:
Sorry if this was mentioned....Are her keys to her house missing, as well as her purse?

From her friend's blog (underlining is by me):

I'm not familiar with the area....does anyone know what the landscape of Normal is like? Specifically, are there any ravines, or places she could have had an accident and gone off the road too far to be seen?

amandab said:
From her friend's blog (underlining is by me):

Thanks for the post, I had somehow overlooked the part about her car being missing. So she took her car, keys and purse, but left behind her cell phone. Assuming she left of her own accord, it sounds like she left in a hurry, not stopping to turn off lights or the t.v., or to pick up her cell phone. But she did take the time to pick up her comforter, and lock her door.

This is very puzzling. I'm so used to having my cell phone with me when I drive anywhere that I automatically pick it up when leaving the house. Especially if I were leaving late in the evening by myself. I assume the police have checked her phone for any calls made or received the evening of her disappearance.

The missing comforter is odd - why would she take that? Someone posted that maybe she went to the laundromat, located in a rather unsavory part of town. But if that were the case, I feel certain she would have taken her cell phone. And why leave the t.v. on if you know you're going to be gone for a while at the laundromat?

If someone harmed Ollie, the comforter may have been taken because of blood or other evidence on it. I wonder what the layout of the apartment complex is - would it be possible for someone to carry her out of her apartment without being seen?

Finally, have the police made any statements about this case that anyone is aware of?

Boy, this myspace.com place is sure popping up in cases all around this board!

Police investigate disappearance of ISU student
Published October 18, 2005

Police in Downstate Normal said Monday that they do not yet suspect foul play in last week's disappearance of a 21-year-old Illinois State University student from west suburban Berkeley, but her close friends fear otherwise.

Olamide Adeyooye--"Ola" to her friends--is a good student completing her studies for a degree in laboratory sciences. Until this weekend, she reliably showed up for her shifts at a Ruby Tuesday restaurant, her friends said.

The last time anyone spoke with Adeyooye was Thursday night when she chatted on her cell phone with a friend and with her boyfriend, who was out of state, friends said.

When her cell phone was found in her Market Street apartment, it had 65 missed calls. The last connected call was made at 9:30 p.m. Thursday, friends said.

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0510180197oct18,1,81366.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back