Thread: Maurice Wallace in the murder of Olamide Adeyooye

Maurice Wallace in the murder of Olamide Adeyooye

Murder suspect Maurice Wallace was ejected from a courtroom three times, interrupted and cursed at the judge and was sentenced to three months in jail for contempt Friday afternoon.

Wallace, 27, who is charged with the murder of Illinois State University student Olamide Adeyooye, repeatedly interrupted Judge Scott Drazewski, refused to be quiet and at one point yelled an obscenity at the judge.

Adeyooye, a 21-year-old ISU student who disappeared from her apartment Oct. 13, was found dead Oct. 21 in a burned-down chicken house in rural Mississippi.

Before the hearing, one of Wallace's attorneys, public defender Brian McEldowney, requested a court-appointed doctor to examine Wallace's mental fitness to stand trial. He said that request was against Wallace's wishes.

The judge ordered a fitness examination and Wallace was scheduled for a hearing March 3 on his ability to stand trial. The hearing will be used to decide if he understands the nature of the proceedings and can help in his defense.

Drazewski noted Wallace's objection and said Wallace had indicated he intends to represent himself.
    http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...ews/104344.txt
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I hope he isn't found incompetent to stand trial and ends up in some mental institution somewhere only to be let go in a year or two. I wonder if he is acting out so that the court will order a psy eval and he is just acting like he doesn't want one. He is either a nut case or crafty as all get out. He should get the death penalty for what he did to that poor girl.