Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Sherin Mathews, age 3 was reported missing on October 7, 2017 sometime after 8 am.

Sherin is 3 feet tall and weighs 22 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
Last seen around 3am in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson Texas, around 3 a.m. Last seen wearing a pink top and black pajama bottoms.

Her father told police he last saw her at around 3 am when he instructed her to stand by a tree about a 100 feet from her residence/property across an alley way as punishment for not drinking her milk. He claims when he went to fetch her back in around 15 minutes later she was nowhere to be found. He told them he decided to do some laundry and wait until daylight to look for her further.

Her parents report she has developmental delays, low weight/eating issues, and limited verbal skills. Sherin's 4 year old sibling has been removed from the home and her father has been charged with child abandonment and child endangerment based on the information he provided. The residence was recently searched with boxed items removed by LE.

Some links with decent synopsis/information

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/

Previous Thread (#2)
Previous Thread (#3)

RECENT UPDATES:

The search for 3-year-old Sherin Mathews continued Tuesday with police concentrating their efforts in a field near Richland College.

ADMIN NOTE - WHERE DO THINGS STAND?

Mom has not been named suspect or POI by LE nor has she been charged with any crime. Parents have retained counsel and parents are said to be no longer speaking with police:
Sherin’s parents are no longer speaking with police and have retained attorneys, Perlich said. Sherin’s mother was asleep when Mathews told Sherin to go stand outside and wasn’t aware that he’d given her daughter those instructions, Perlich said. [Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a spokesman for the Richardson Police Department.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-then-she-disappeared/?utm_term=.f421b032c631

You MAY discuss anything in MSM about mother, her public statements or public statements made on her behalf.

You MAY NOT sleuth her, accuse her of harming her child(ren), covering for someone else, etc.

You WILL treat her as a victim as required by TOS.

You may NOT make this discussion about religion or patriarchal cultures. Period.

If you chose to post in a manner outside the rules you face losing posting privileges.

Search for missing Texas toddler narrows
Oct 18, 2017

On Tuesday, officers fanned out in wooded areas, along creeks and in fields including one near Richland College, assisted by police K-9s and a law enforcement drone task force.

The field near the college is less than 2 miles from the girl’s home.

Cadaver dogs were also seen at the scene, KXAS-TV reported.

“Detectives will evaluate the results of today's efforts while the investigation continues,” Richardson police said in a Facebook post.

I have a 3 yog myself who happens to be really tiny as was Sherin. This would definitely not be too far for my daughter to walk. However it's the walking in the dark that's hard to imagine.

Sherin could have walked it and hidden in the drain. Less than 15mins, in the dark and no roads need to be crossed (drain under Centennial). She is an orphan child from Kerala, this is not beyond her inner stamina. IMO.
attachment.php

Not a dumb Brit question...these things can vary. Not sure what the culvert looks like at Bowser, yet (haven't checked it out nor read all these past few pages), but I'll post a couple photos I took 10/14 a few miles away of the culvert that runs under the road on Spring Valley just east of Brick Row Dr. It's large enough to walk under.

ETA:
Culvert at E Spring Valley just east of Brick Row Dr (looking south towards Spring Valley):

attachment.php

Drainage pipe dumping into side wall near this culvert:
attachment.php

Spring Valley Rd above this particular culvert (I crossed the street to peek over the other side):
attachment.php

Another 'under-the-road' culvert (Hillcrest Rd at Valley View Park):
attachment.php

Again, the one at Spring Valley/Boswer Rd where LE made their discovery may look different than these I visited last week, but this is what is typically meant by an under the road culvert. Hope this helps.
This looks like the drainage pipe on the opposite side of the road. I can't locate the one near the tent, but I'm still looking!

https://earth.app.goo.gl/9JUV
09aba06294db32eeb3282e2f9e23e012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This looks like the drainage pipe on the opposite side od the road. I can't locate the one near the tent, but I'm still looking!

https://earth.app.goo.gl/9JUV
09aba06294db32eeb3282e2f9e23e012.jpg

That's considerably smaller than the culvert area I saw west of there. There's not been enough rain/water to carry her there in a torrent (if this is where they found her?). Seems rather unlikely that a coyote would happen to drop her off in there...

JMO, IMO

<modsnip>

The location has been posted a few times.

The tent seems to be over this end of the culvert (circled in red) where the other end is under the tree.
1d73042a2dc8caddb4d1b2edb706271e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did they say? I missed the presser.

Transcript and link below [emoji106]

Today's 2:30 p.m. presser by the Richardson PD spokesman (I didn't catch his name). Hope this is helpful. I learned a few more details during the transcription. Please pardon any spelling errors/typos. I welcome any and all corrections!

Here we go:

It’s with a heavy heart that we’ve all been called here today. Since the time Sharin Matthews was reported missing on Saturday morning October 7th, the Richardson Police Department and several other law enforcement entities have been working 24/7 to locate her.

Today at approximately 11 a.m., during one of those search operations, the body of a small child was discovered in the area of east Spring Valley Road and south Bowser (Mowser?) (? I think that’s what he said.) Road.

The area has been blocked off as a crime scene. We are awaiting the FBI’s evidence recovery team to respond and process the area. At this time, I want to let you know that a positive identification has not yet been made. The ME’s office will need to respond and take custody of the body to try to make a positive identification of the body and try to determine the exact cause of death.

Because of this, the area being marked off as a crime scene, there’s going to be some disruption to the neighborhood. We ask those who are just concerned or bystanders to try to stay out of that neighborhood and allow those neighbors privacy.

There is a staging are that we set up for the media. That staging area will be there at Bowser(Mowser?), I’m sorry — at Spring Valley and Town House, just west of the location.

I’ll take a few questions right now, but it’s only going to be a very limited amount of questions I’m going to take.

Q: (Can’t her it on my little speakers.)
A: No one has been arrested yet. We are still trying to make a positive identification on the body.

Q: (Same. Crosstalk. Something about notification process.)
A: Notification has gone to the parents, so that notification has been made.

Q: Since notification has gone to the parents, is there any reason to believe it is not that girl? Are there any other reports of missing children or anything?
A: Well the indications are that it is most likely her. However, we do not have a positive ID. So until we have a positive identification, we are not going to say that is is Sherin.

Q: Are her parents cooperating? Have you spoken to them again?
A: We have not done anything other than make notification to the parents.

Q: (crosstalk) Have the police searched this area before?
A: There are many areas that we searched. Like I said, today is just another day of continuous searching that we’ve been doing since October the 7th.

Q: (unintelligible)
A: It was in a culvert beneath the road that we found the body.

Q: What led you to search that area?
A: Just as the investigation continues to unfold, more and more stuff came to the surface. We followed up on that and it led to the search of that area with K9s and that that’s how we came across the body.

Q: How long had you been searching that property where the body was found?
A: We’ve been searching since early this morning and they found it around 11 o’clock.

Q: How far away was if from that home —
A: I don’t know for sure how far that was —
Q: I mean, was it within walking distance for a 3-year-old?
A: It depends upon the condition of the child.

Q: Without going into any more details, (something about searching around the college) Was there anything found in connection there? Anything that you can tell —
A: As I say, as this investigation continued to evolve, there were more and more areas of interest that we had, and we continued to search those areas, eliminating them as we went along.

That’s all I’ve got for now, OK. Thank you all very much.

[emoji202]MOO

Wow, there are houses right there! Nobody heard anything? Why here? Maybe "whoever" did this actually wanted her found quickly, The plan may have backfired. Someone wanted her found I think. MOO

Hmmmm

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing.

:rose::rose: RIP Little One :rose::rose:

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's usually not a 3 year old doll baby walking, undetected by dogs, 1/2 mile in the middle of the night to go die in a culvert.

(*My 2nd photo caption above in post #5 should read "drainage pipe dumping *from* side wall near this culvert"...ugh, need to proofread, sorry.)

It's possible she walked there. Probable, I don't know. Guess we'll have to see what the autopsy shows. Praying she was not hit by the mower that recently mowed that field or we may never know the truth.

It's possible she walked there. Probable, I don't know. Guess we'll have to see what the autopsy shows. Praying she was not hit by the mower that recently mowed that field or we may never know the truth.
FBI can be seen @ culvert.

[video=twitter;922187081304150021]https://twitter.com/CBS11Stew/status/922187081304150021[/video]
See photos:

“It was in a culvert beneath the road that we found the body,” explained Sgt. Kevin Perlich.

http://cw33.com/2017/10/22/childs-body-found-during-search-for-3-year-old-sherin-mathews/
8617cc1dbaeab17ebc6471e4a63eca4e.jpg
c22e2c50dd34bbfa0aa32ca55c0b09e1.jpg

Praying for sweet Little Sherin resting in God's arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics