Impaled on motorcycle handlebars, N.C. man proposes

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
PILOT MOUNTAIN, N.C. - Laying on the ground with his motorcycle handlebars sticking 6 inches into his abdomen, Brian Shipwash wanted to make sure he did one more thing in case he died.

So he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, broken and blood-spattered, with a ring inside and asked his girlfriend, Shandra Miller, to marry him.

She said yes.

"I said, 'Shandra, the reason we were going to Pilot Mountain today was so I could propose,'" Shipwash said Monday while recovering in his room at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.

"I said something like, 'I know this is not the best time in the world, but will you marry me?'"

Shipwash, Davidson County's clerk of court, was riding his Harley-Davidson up Pilot Mountain on Sunday afternoon with Miller hugging his back.

As they came to the first curve after the park's entrance, Shipwash lost control of his bike, crossed the center lane and slammed into the side of a heavy-duty pickup. The collision sent them flying.

"I was crying at the time because of the wreck," Miller said Monday while sitting next to her new fiance. "But when I saw it (the ring), I just started crying even more."

Full Story from the Miami Herald

Jeana... LOL... isn't that the sweetest thing, the poor guy had the ring and everything :blowkiss: what a sweetheart!

Casshew said:
Jeana... LOL... isn't that the sweetest thing, the poor guy had the ring and everything :blowkiss: what a sweetheart!

A lady that works in the salon I go to had a motorcycle accident with her brother. The handlebar went through her eye socket. She's got a glass eye now. When she was telling me about it, it was SOOOOO gross!

Motorcycles are so dangerous. I just don't see the appeal.
:confused:

Jeana (DP) said:
A lady that works in the salon I go to had a motorcycle accident with her brother. The handlebar went through her eye socket. She's got a glass eye now.
Yikes! through her eye socket??? can you imagine??

How does she look? (no pun intended)

Casshew said:
Yikes! through her eye socket??? can you imagine??

How does she look? (no pun intended)

Yeah, no chit! I always wondered what happened to her. I thought maybe she had some sort of infection and they had to go and "clean up stuff" or something. One day she was talking about her "accident," and I told her I hadn't heard. She was telling me about it and I'm sure the look on my face must have been something! She doesn't look too bad, but its pretty easy to see that its glass. She's one of the nicest people I've met. She's got a great strength about her and doesn't seem to be bitter about it. I don't know if I'd be able to have that attitude.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back