Pet Hamster found safe in ShopVac after 2 months!

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
MANITOWOC — Forget Yu-Gi-Oh cards or the latest computer game, for Menelaos Fischer, the best Christmas present he received this year is something he lost.

Jinny the hamster went missing before Halloween. On Friday, a very dusty Jinny was found in the family’s shop vacuum after six weeks on the lam.

Menelaos, or Mene to his friends and family, wrote a letter to the Herald Times Reporter detailing the reunion between him and his hamster: “My best Christmas present is something money can’t buy.”

Mene, 12, has two hamsters — Jinny and Jenny. Jinny had been with the Fischer-Quinn family for about one month before escaping from her tube cage.

Mene’s family, Chuck Quinn, Susa Fischer-Quinn and his 10-year-old sister Fanny, are remodeling their home on the south side of Manitowoc.

After Jinny escaped from her cage, the family gave her up for lost until one day when Chuck was using the shop vacuum and heard a scratching noise.

“My husband said he heard something coming from the shop vac,” Susa said. “I thought he was pulling my leg and I didn’t look. Then he said ‘the hamster’s in there.’ And there was Jinny, a little dusty and a little scared.”

I'm sure there must have been food particles in there, but what oh earth did the poor critter drink???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back