1343 users online (354 members and 989 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Prospect Hts. mom charged with hitting friend's baby

A pregnant mother of five has been charged with punching and critically injuring an 11-month-old boy as she cared for him in a Prospect Heights apartment shared by two families, police said Friday.

The boy was in a coma Friday at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, police said.

The baby-sitter, Araceli Medina, 28, was charged with aggravated battery to a child, authorities said. Bail was set Friday at $250,000 during a hearing in the Rolling Meadows branch of Cook County Circuit Court.

Prospect Heights Police Chief Bruce Morris said Medina was charged Thursday night after giving a videotaped statement to bilingual officers and a social worker.

Medina, her husband and five children, have lived for over a month in a one-bedroom unit with the boy and his parents in the Wimbledon Estates apartment complex in the 500 block of Piper Lane.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...-newslocal-hed
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    A pregnant mother of five has been charged with punching and critically injuring an 11-month-old boy as she cared for him in a Prospect Heights apartment shared by two families, police said Friday.

The boy was in a coma Friday at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, police said.

The baby-sitter, Araceli Medina, 28, was charged with aggravated battery to a child, authorities said. Bail was set Friday at $250,000 during a hearing in the Rolling Meadows branch of Cook County Circuit Court.

Prospect Heights Police Chief Bruce Morris said Medina was charged Thursday night after giving a videotaped statement to bilingual officers and a social worker.

Medina, her husband and five children, have lived for over a month in a one-bedroom unit with the boy and his parents in the Wimbledon Estates apartment complex in the 500 block of Piper Lane.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...-newslocal-hed
    I am so SICK of reading these stories! WTH is wrong with people anymore???? Children cry! It's a given! We, as adults, are supposed to comfort them, find the cause of the crying, NOT punch them!!!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This is horrible. I wonder if she had shown signs of being violent before.

I noticed that at least 10 people lived in that one bedroom unit for the last month, not that that has anything to do with this tragic event, but one wonders why they were all crowded in there together.