NC - questions in death of mother and baby

KatherineQ

Former Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a REALLY puzzling case - especially the fact that the two year old still had a dry diaper. For the mother to be dead long enough for a healthy infant to die of dehydration, and the two year old still have a dry diaper on . . .

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/137048/

Wow, this is puzzling. Good for the family for not giving up on finding the answers. It's bad enough for the mother and baby to be dead but to not know why is even worse IMO. I hope they find out what happened.

is it possible she has a heart condition or an anyuerism, and the bruise occurred because she fell, and the scratched occured because the 2 year old had tried to wake her up?

there are a lot of tings that can cause sudden death.
also, she may have had a slight fever or pain and not mentioned it. or it could have come on quickly. but quickly enough to not be able to call 911...??? hhhmmmm.....

The link above says the autopsy report showed acute endometriosis, so I assume she got septicemia and died. It can happen very quickly as well for a new born. Sometimes less than 15 hours without care can kill a new born. As far as the two year old's diaper, maybe the emergency personnel changed it during the initial discovery, trying to help, while a family is in extreme crisis and shock. Plus a two year old would get water likely from a BR sink. I assume the two year old was upset as the adults learned the news, too.

The link above says the autopsy report showed acute endometriosis, so I assume she got septicemia and died. It can happen very quickly as well for a new born. Sometimes less than 15 hours without care can kill a new born. As far as the two year old's diaper, maybe the emergency personnel changed it during the initial discovery, trying to help, while a family is in extreme crisis and shock. Plus a two year old would get water likely from a BR sink. I assume the two year old was upset as the adults learned the news, too.

I agree that its possible the mom died as a complication from the pregnancy and I also agree that a 9 day old newborn can die very quickly without care. The baby had just come out of the mothers womb so its in a critical state for awhile and needs constant care.

What bothers me is why wasnt there someone at the house to help the mother on Saturday? Was there not anyone at all at her house to help her or check up on her? That is the part that bothers me. From below it sounds like she was alone Friday night , all day Saturday, and into Sunday.

I would have thought at least someone she knew would make sure they are available to her and at least check on her every single day for at least a little while.

"The mother and infant appeared healthy when they were dropped off on a Friday night, but their bodies were discovered the following Sunday."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/137048/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back