1167 users online (223 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Bee View Post
    Would someone kindly explain to me how Websleuths defines "sleuthing"? I had a couple of posts deleted from the Michelle Young thread and I think it was because I identified the person I think is responsible for her death. But I'm not sure I understand the line between discussing a case and "sleuthing". For example, if I were to say that I believe this or that POI is responsible for killing Faith, would that be "sleuthing"? Why or why not? And if so, why is this inappropriate? Thanks.
    In general I think naming someone not named by LE/MSM is dicey ( likely to get deleted). I have even seen posts removed on other threads that used initials instead of the full name. It was easily inferred who was being discussed. Reason being, I think, any one person being accused of something on the internet can explode into a whole internet mob assassinating the character of that person. Until named by a "reputable" source it is off limits to suggest that any specific person is involved.

So while I don't think naming someone or even using their initials is necessarily "sleuthing" them as in digging into their information, it is significant to associate someone's name with a serious crime. Especially when their name is uncommon because the thread could come up as a top result when someone googles that name. To prevent innocent people from being wrongly accused, naming specific people is only really allowed when already named as a POI/suspect by MSM.

My understanding only.
    Last edited by Whiskers16; 10-31-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Typo

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at GoFundMe.com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

was Rosario known commonly as Rosy? Was this a nickname used by those close to her everyone? Who knew of her as Rosy opposed to Karena?
    IMHO MOO MOO MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Liadan View Post
    was Rosario known commonly as Rosy? Was this a nickname used by those close to her everyone? Who knew of her as Rosy opposed to Karena?
    I don't think we really know the answer to that. In all the information we have access to, the only place "Rosie" shows up is in the pocket-dial transcript. There's nothing from friends referring to her that way; the couple of times Faith refers to her on Twitter, she calls her "Karena".

I watched the crime watch daily episode and they think they have a voice recording of the murder. whats everyone's thoughts?

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by angiefly2 View Post
    I watched the crime watch daily episode and they think they have a voice recording of the murder. whats everyone's thoughts?

Probably worth checking out the first thread on here. Most people think it's inaudible and heavily doctored.

Quote Originally Posted by angiefly2 View Post

My thought is no. The time stamp says it occurred when she was in the club, and all I hear is a bunch of din and people shouting to be heard over music. It does not at all sound to me like a recording of the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    My thought is no. The time stamp says it occurred when she was in the club, and all I hear is a bunch of din and people shouting to be heard over music. It does not at all sound to me like a recording of the crime.
    And despite Arlo West's assertions to the contrary, the time stamp wasn't wrong.

As far as I am concerned, nothing can be gleaned from the voicemail.

It was definitely recorded while they were still at the club, and we know she was fine when she left the club. Anyone who claims they can understand anything from it is reaching, it is inaudible.

Nothing groundbreaking to report here, but I came across this today on Reddit-
    https://www.local10.com/news/police-...tain-your-dna?

Hopefully more and more states will allow the familial DNA searching, which could break this case if NC ever complies

Bumping for Faith!
    We will find justice for you!

I'm assuming this means that she was listed as "Karena" in Faith's phone as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Moosebegoose View Post
    I'm assuming this means that she was listed as "Karena" in Faith's phone as well?
    We don't know. LE hasn't released any information about Faith's phone except the contents/times of some of the text messages sent that night.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4