NV - Ryan Ellison, 3 mos, dies in state's care, Las Vegas, 17 Jan 2006

Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4390691&nav=168X

Clark County is investigating the death of a 2-month-old baby who died while in the care of the state. The baby boy was removed from his mother's custody after being born addicted to drugs. He had apparently had medical trouble since.

Earlier this week the foster mother took the boy to Child Haven to visit his biological mother. When the caseworker went to get him out of the car seat he was unresponsive. She called 911.

I'm going to watch this one. I think there's a good chance this baby probably died due to the medical problems his mother was so nice to provide him with. :furious: If that's the case, will Mom be arrested?

ETA: Mods, please move if necessary. I put it under Up to the Minute rather than Crimes because not sure if it is a crime yet.

This is a very confusing story.

Did he actually get to visit the mother, and then was dead within minutes?

Or did he arrive for the visit with the mother, and was dead before he got to visit with her?

I took it as before the visit. I just assumed the foster mother carried the baby in in his car seat, probably thinking he was asleep. When the caseworker went to get the baby out the car seat to take him to the mother she found him unresponsive. That's the way I read it, anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back