GUILTY IA - Sterling Koehn, 4 mos, starved to death, Alta Vista, 30 Aug 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Cheyanne Harris, 20, and 28-year-old Zachary Koehn were arrested Wednesday on charges of child endangerment and first-degree murder in the death of their son, Sterling Koehn. Their preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 2. Deputies and medics called to the couple's Alta Vista apartment on Aug. 30 found Sterling dead in the baby swing. A medical examiner found maggots in his clothing and skin that indicated he hadn't had a diaper change, bath or been removed from the seat in over a week.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/cri...th-of-infant-found-rotting-in-swing/646059846

Zachary Paul Koehn, 28, and Cheyanne Renae Harris, 20, identified as the biological parents of 4-month-old Sterling Daniel Koehn, were arrested Wednesday following a two-month investigation.

Bond was set at $100,000 cash only. The penalty upon conviction of first-degree murder is mandatory life in prison.

Court records indicate the child weighed less than 7 pounds and had died of neglect.

“The facts of this case go far beyond neglect and show circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life,” a Chickasaw County sheriff’s deputy wrote in court records seeking charges against the parents.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_7c1b078e-0c96-5314-be80-5a2244b7bcf8.html

Two months to investigate and arrest?

Cheyanne Harris, 20, and 28-year-old Zachary Koehn were arrested Wednesday on charges of child endangerment and first-degree murder in the death of their son, Sterling Koehn. Their preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 2. Deputies and medics called to the couple's Alta Vista apartment on Aug. 30 found Sterling dead in the baby swing. A medical examiner found maggots in his clothing and skin that indicated he hadn't had a diaper change, bath or been removed from the seat in over a week.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/cri...th-of-infant-found-rotting-in-swing/646059846

So this baby was in the swing seat for over a week???? :eek:

Didn't any of the neighbors notice a dead baby in the swing? WTH?

So this baby was in the swing seat for over a week???? :eek:

Didn't any of the neighbors notice a dead baby in the swing? WTH?

Not an outdoor swing, i think it was inside swing

Reactions: d4j
An ambulance was called to the couple’s Alta Vista apartment on August 30 after Koehn called to report his son Sterling Koehn had died, just a few hours after he said Harris fed the child.

The baby was found in a powered/swing seat in a different bedroom from where the couple and their other child slept.

An autopsy found the infant measured well below the 5th percentile in size and weight for the child’s age. Maggots were also found in various stages of development on the child’s skin and in his clothing. A forensic entomologist was able to determine the child
“had not had a diaper change, bath, or been removed from the seat in over a week.”

parents1.jpg

http://fox8.com/2017/10/26/infant-found-infested-with-maggots-parents-charged-with-murder/

It was a inside swing- I guess they had to investigate prior to arresting them, but I do hope they removed the older child from the home

OMG!!! These cases are getting worse and worse. WTH! Is it drugs, something in their, the air, that causes them to completely lose what brain they had? In a swing, dead, for over a week..I wonder what the COD was. Did something happen and then they just put his little body in the swing in another room, like "out of sight, out of mind"? They hadn't even been feeding him FFS!! I can't bring myself to read the articles and thank goodness Alta Vista is pretty far from where I live in IA or I think I'd bail the out just to beat them to a pulp. Simply cannot believe this. moo

OMG poor little Sterling! Fly high little one, free from pain and anguish.

I bet we will hear about drugs soon .... Terrible people :gaah:

Must.Not.Follow.This.

Peace and love and strength to those of you who carry on. I am choosing not to. Sterling is not suffering. Not now, and never again, and we have no control over the past. Our grief can not save him now. It is those who live on with the overwhelming pain of losing a loved one that I stay for in most cases. Here, I am not sure there was anyone.

Beyond heartbreaking. So far beyond.

How I would have loved precious Sterling. My heart hurts. Sweet lil pea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry....vomit...I thought I've seen it all.....but still crazier things are happening......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back