1213 users online (228 members and 985 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1060

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,224

    TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*


    Sherin Mathews, age 3 was reported missing on October 7, 2017 sometime after 8 am.

    Sherin is 3 feet tall and weighs 22 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
    Last seen around 3am in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson Texas, around 3 a.m. Last seen wearing a pink top and black pajama bottoms.

    Her father told police he last saw her at around 3 am when he instructed her to stand by a tree about a 100 feet from her residence/property across an alley way as punishment for not drinking her milk. He claims when he went to fetch her back in around 15 minutes later she was nowhere to be found. He told them he decided to do some laundry and wait until daylight to look for her further.

    Some links with decent synopsis/information

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/miss...d-grave-danger

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-disappeared/

    Previous Thread (#2)
    Previous Thread (#3)
    Previous Thread (#4)
    Previous Thread (#5)

    ADMIN NOTE:

    Mom has not been named suspect or POI by LE nor has she been charged with any crime. Parents have retained counsel and parents are said to be no longer speaking with police:
    Sherin’s parents are no longer speaking with police and have retained attorneys, Perlich said. Sherin’s mother was asleep when Mathews told Sherin to go stand outside and wasn’t aware that he’d given her daughter those instructions, Perlich said. [Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a spokesman for the Richardson Police Department.]

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f421b032c631
    You MAY discuss anything in MSM about mother, her public statements or public statements made on her behalf.

    You MAY NOT sleuth her, accuse her of harming her child(ren), covering for someone else, etc.

    You WILL treat her as a victim as required by TOS.

    You may NOT make this discussion about religion or patriarchal cultures. Period.

    If you chose to post in a manner outside the rules you face losing posting privileges.

    THE LATEST:
    The couple went before a judge, along with officials from Texas Child Protective Services (CPS), concerning the custody of their 4-year-old biological child. CPS removed the little girl from the home and placed her in foster care just days after Sherin disappeared.

    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/23/m...id-body-found/

    The father of a 3-year-old Texas girl missing since Oct. 7 told police that he watched his daughter choke on milk and die, then removed her body from the home, according to an arrest affidavit.


    Affidavit

    Body found in Richardson confirmed as missing 3-year-old Sherin Mathews
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,654
    He force fed her (milk) , at 3:00 am, in the garage, possibly inside a vehicle, (that was initially missing?) away from the sleeping mother. She was coughing and then stopped breathing.

    DNA and hair like fibers, collected from the Acura MDX from where? The front seat? floor mats? ...
    Got it! I am beyond disgusted!!!!

    http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/n...tion/484289189


    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-floor-mat-suv

    "In another search warrant for the family's 2013 Acura MDX, detectives collected a floor mat, DNA swabs and a USB drive."

    Seized from Acura MDX

    "Floor mat
    DNA swabs
    USB drive
    Interior sunroof slide cover
    Seat belt
    Cabin air filter
    Radio module
    Display monitor"

    Seized from familyís Lexus

    "Costco receipt dated Oct. 5, 2017
    Driverís side floormat
    5 DNA swabs from pedals, steering wheel, gear shift, driver controls"

    MOO

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia River Gorge, WA
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    Texas Penal Code 22.04, F/1 reads as follows:
    Texas Penal Code- Assaultive Offenses
    Sec. 22.04. INJURY TO A CHILD, ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL, OR DISABLED INDIVIDUAL.
    (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly by omission, causes to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual:
    (1) serious bodily injury;
    (2) serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury; or
    (3) bodily injury.
    (f) An offense under Subsection (a)(3) or (a-1)(3) is a felony of the third degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly, except that an offense under Subsection (a)(3) is a felony of the second degree when the conduct is committed intentionally or knowingly and the victim is a disabled individual residing in a center, as defined by Section 555.001, Health and Safety Code, or in a facility licensed under Chapter 252, Health and Safety Code, and the actor is an employee of the center or facility whose employment involved providing direct care for the victim. When the conduct is engaged in recklessly, the offense is a state jail felony.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,960
    Good Morning. Continue discussion.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Good Morning. Continue discussion.
    Good Morning Tricia and thanks for the new thread.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,656
    Caregiver of Indian girl found dead in Texas wants answers

    The child was already eating solid food and drinking milk from a cup when she left the orphanage, Kumari remembers. She said Sherin squinted in one eye, but otherwise had nothing wrong with her when Mathews and his wife Sini Mathews adopted her in June 2016.

    "Why did they have to make her eat or drink anything at that hour? Why was he forcing her?" Kumari asked. "If someone is forcing a drink into the mouth of someone who is crying and sobbing, then even an adult can choke."

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...nswer-50755143

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Caregiver of Indian girl found dead in Texas wants answers

    The child was already eating solid food and drinking milk from a cup when she left the orphanage, Kumari remembers. She said Sherin squinted in one eye, but otherwise had nothing wrong with her when Mathews and his wife Sini Mathews adopted her in June 2016.

    "Why did they have to make her eat or drink anything at that hour? Why was he forcing her?" Kumari asked. "If someone is forcing a drink into the mouth of someone who is crying and sobbing, then even an adult can choke."

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...nswer-50755143
    "Look at the photos of the child. Does she look malnourished?" Kumari said during a Thursday evening phone interview with The Associated Press.

    "I have so many questions about what happened to her," Kumari said.

    The girl, then named Saraswati, after the Hindu goddess of wisdom, was a happy, cheerful child who made everyone smile at the orphanage.

    "We loved her laughter," Kumari said. "She was a smart child."
    I can feel the anger, upset and hurt just reading that
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."
    _


    - Имaте Петрова огъня -_

    - You have the Petrova fire -


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Caregiver of Indian girl found dead in Texas wants answers

    The child was already eating solid food and drinking milk from a cup when she left the orphanage, Kumari remembers. She said Sherin squinted in one eye, but otherwise had nothing wrong with her when Mathews and his wife Sini Mathews adopted her in June 2016.

    "Why did they have to make her eat or drink anything at that hour? Why was he forcing her?" Kumari asked. "If someone is forcing a drink into the mouth of someone who is crying and sobbing, then even an adult can choke."

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...nswer-50755143
    This is what I donít get either, she left the orphanage eating and drinking normally and then this... It just doesnít make sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    SW desert
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by i8mypaint View Post
    This is what I don’t get either, she left the orphanage eating and drinking normally and then this... It just doesn’t make sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by i8mypaint View Post
    This is what I donít get either, she left the orphanage eating and drinking normally and then this... It just doesnít make sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unless something was going on in the home that caused her to develop an eating disorder. Maybe someone familiar with what those possibilities could be, could speak to that.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia River Gorge, WA
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Unless something was going on in the home that caused her to develop an eating disorder. Maybe someone familiar with what those possibilities could be, could speak to that.
    I posted on this in the last thread, regarding eating issues and adopted children. It is common for adopted children to have struggles with either eating too much, or with not eating enough. Here it is:
    The social worker who visited Sherin Mathew's family for follow-ups records that "eating has become more and more challenging for the family". "She likes to eat food outside but not at home".
    The fourth, and the last report before Sherin's death, notes, "We discussed several different strategies that may be helpful" and that "additional mealtime strategies are needed to break this cycle and avoid more serious long term eating concerns".
    The social worker also recommended "webinars and other resource for feeding issues in adopted children that may be helpful in developing different strategies for Saraswati's (as she was known before her adoption) feeding concerns".
    https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...issues/1175180

    Perhaps articles like these, which talk about patience, letting children choose to eat, not forcing, etc....
    https://www.adoptivefamilies.com/ado...pted-children/
    http://www.chop.edu/conditions-disea...oster-children

    I found this article to be especially interesting (see quote below) https://blogs.psychcentral.com/weigh...-katja-rowell/
    First there may be a challenge “from” the child, like reflux, cleft palate, a history of a drug or alcohol exposure, or any condition that leads to pain, discomfort or mechanical difficulties with eating.
    Second is environmental factors: a child who is not attached to a care-taker won’t eat well, a child who has experienced abuse or neglect around feeding will be more challenging to feed. For example, an eighteen month-old who has only had a bottle with thickened liquids will be behind in her oral-motor skills.
    Often, there is a combination of factors. Perhaps a child was punished by withholding food, or only was exposed to a limited range of foods and so has anxieties around eating. Stress, chaos, anxiety, poverty and food insecurity play a big role in shaping a child’s early relationship with food. These are occurrences that are simply more common in the more vulnerable population of children in foster care or who were adopted.

    What this makes me think is that feeding issues can develop as a response to abuse, and feeding issues can lead to a cycle of control and punishment. JMO
    Last edited by georgiajean; 10-27-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: add

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,816
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiajean View Post
    I posted on this in the last thread, regarding eating issues and adopted children. It is common for adopted children to have struggles with either eating too much, or with not eating enough. Here it is:
    The social worker who visited Sherin Mathew's family for follow-ups records that "eating has become more and more challenging for the family". "She likes to eat food outside but not at home".
    The fourth, and the last report before Sherin's death, notes, "We discussed several different strategies that may be helpful" and that "additional mealtime strategies are needed to break this cycle and avoid more serious long term eating concerns".
    The social worker also recommended "webinars and other resource for feeding issues in adopted children that may be helpful in developing different strategies for Saraswati's (as she was known before her adoption) feeding concerns".
    https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...issues/1175180

    Perhaps articles like these, which talk about patience, letting children choose to eat, not forcing, etc....
    https://www.adoptivefamilies.com/ado...pted-children/
    http://www.chop.edu/conditions-disea...oster-children

    I found this article to be especially interesting (see quote below) https://blogs.psychcentral.com/weigh...-katja-rowell/
    First there may be a challenge ďfromĒ the child, like reflux, cleft palate, a history of a drug or alcohol exposure, or any condition that leads to pain, discomfort or mechanical difficulties with eating.
    Second is environmental factors: a child who is not attached to a care-taker wonít eat well, a child who has experienced abuse or neglect around feeding will be more challenging to feed. For example, an eighteen month-old who has only had a bottle with thickened liquids will be behind in her oral-motor skills.
    Often, there is a combination of factors. Perhaps a child was punished by withholding food, or only was exposed to a limited range of foods and so has anxieties around eating. Stress, chaos, anxiety, poverty and food insecurity play a big role in shaping a childís early relationship with food. These are occurrences that are simply more common in the more vulnerable population of children in foster care or who were adopted.

    What this makes me think is that feeding issues can develop as a response to abuse, and feeding issues can lead to a cycle of control and punishment. JMO
    I looked at the first link you posted, but since only India media wrote about the info, and I didn't see anything reported on the same in US media, I dismissed it. I wonder though, if the info reported in the India media is from the follow up on the adoption, because CPS would not release their records.

    Fwiw, I do tend to dismiss msm when only one source is reporting.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by i8mypaint View Post
    This is what I don’t get either, she left the orphanage eating and drinking normally and then this... It just doesn’t make sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe that there are multiple things going on. One is that the information from the Indian authorities has slant towards them saying that they did everything right on their end. According to one earlier account (in one of the Indian newspapers I recall), there was a description of Sherin's eager participation in receiving milk, noting that they only had enough for a limited number of children.

    Pictures from the orphanage or the adoption celebration show a child whose head looks somewhat disproportional (large) to the body. This to me reinforces the accounts (most recent in the Social Worker's adoption follow-up report) that point to malnourishment at the time of adoption. Also, multiple posts here have suggested that children in Indian orphanages, or orphanages in many countries where caring resources are limited and stretched, develop various expectations about food--that there won't be enough, that they have to eat quickly (or take a bottle quickly) before the caregiver has to move on to another child. So, they may have seen a child who ate well as it was available, but still wasn't getting enough nourishment.

    There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of some emergent swallowing disorder. Could be. It is also not infrequent for children adopted either from orphanages or neglectful homes to carry scars forward in the form of eating disorders, including hoarding of food.

    Further, parents who tend to be success-driven or oriented in their own lives may have difficulty in giving children appropriate space to work through problems. Which leads to my own personal theory, which is that mealtime may have become something of a battleground at home owing to legitimate concerns around malnourishment, growth and development. Of course, this only makes things worse. Many parents (and teachers, relatives and onlookers) subscribe to the belief that "good" parents are able to "make" their children do what they are supposed to. Many believe strongly in corporal punishment.

    Not saying this to give anyone an excuse, Merely trying to paste together the things we do know into some kind of cohesive pattern.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Margo/Mom View Post
    I believe that there are multiple things going on. One is that the information from the Indian authorities has slant towards them saying that they did everything right on their end. According to one earlier account (in one of the Indian newspapers I recall), there was a description of Sherin's eager participation in receiving milk, noting that they only had enough for a limited number of children.

    Pictures from the orphanage or the adoption celebration show a child whose head looks somewhat disproportional (large) to the body. This to me reinforces the accounts (most recent in the Social Worker's adoption follow-up report) that point to malnourishment at the time of adoption. Also, multiple posts here have suggested that children in Indian orphanages, or orphanages in many countries where caring resources are limited and stretched, develop various expectations about food--that there won't be enough, that they have to eat quickly (or take a bottle quickly) before the caregiver has to move on to another child. So, they may have seen a child who ate well as it was available, but still wasn't getting enough nourishment.

    There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of some emergent swallowing disorder. Could be. It is also not infrequent for children adopted either from orphanages or neglectful homes to carry scars forward in the form of eating disorders, including hoarding of food.

    Further, parents who tend to be success-driven or oriented in their own lives may have difficulty in giving children appropriate space to work through problems. Which leads to my own personal theory, which is that mealtime may have become something of a battleground at home owing to legitimate concerns around malnourishment, growth and development. Of course, this only makes things worse. Many parents (and teachers, relatives and onlookers) subscribe to the belief that "good" parents are able to "make" their children do what they are supposed to. Many believe strongly in corporal punishment.

    Not saying this to give anyone an excuse, Merely trying to paste together the things we do know into some kind of cohesive pattern.
    IIRC: She was eager for the milk, there was only enough for 50 children.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia River Gorge, WA
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Margo/Mom View Post
    I believe that there are multiple things going on. One is that the information from the Indian authorities has slant towards them saying that they did everything right on their end. According to one earlier account (in one of the Indian newspapers I recall), there was a description of Sherin's eager participation in receiving milk, noting that they only had enough for a limited number of children.

    Pictures from the orphanage or the adoption celebration show a child whose head looks somewhat disproportional (large) to the body. This to me reinforces the accounts (most recent in the Social Worker's adoption follow-up report) that point to malnourishment at the time of adoption. Also, multiple posts here have suggested that children in Indian orphanages, or orphanages in many countries where caring resources are limited and stretched, develop various expectations about food--that there won't be enough, that they have to eat quickly (or take a bottle quickly) before the caregiver has to move on to another child. So, they may have seen a child who ate well as it was available, but still wasn't getting enough nourishment.

    There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of some emergent swallowing disorder. Could be. It is also not infrequent for children adopted either from orphanages or neglectful homes to carry scars forward in the form of eating disorders, including hoarding of food.

    Further, parents who tend to be success-driven or oriented in their own lives may have difficulty in giving children appropriate space to work through problems. Which leads to my own personal theory, which is that mealtime may have become something of a battleground at home owing to legitimate concerns around malnourishment, growth and development. Of course, this only makes things worse. Many parents (and teachers, relatives and onlookers) subscribe to the belief that "good" parents are able to "make" their children do what they are supposed to. Many believe strongly in corporal punishment.

    Not saying this to give anyone an excuse, Merely trying to paste together the things we do know into some kind of cohesive pattern.
    Most excellent post. Thanks for all of this thinking. I think you are accurate on so many levels.

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1183
    Last Post: 10-27-2017, 09:47 AM
  2. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 10-24-2017, 12:58 PM
  3. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1106
    Last Post: 10-22-2017, 06:45 PM
  4. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1324
    Last Post: 10-18-2017, 02:30 PM
  5. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1
    By perfectingpink in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1193
    Last Post: 10-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Tags for this Thread