908 users online (111 members and 797 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1060
  1. #931
    rosesfromangels's Avatar
    rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,782
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    And there is a nurse who works in a pediatrics, sleeping in the next room? Your child is choking to death and you don't wake up the sleeping nurse, who knows what to do to try and save the baby?
    And nothing about this rings true either....nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Queensland, AU
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliengirljess1 View Post
    Was taking Sherin into the garage at 3 am a routine?
    There is a small chance that Sherin had night terrors.
    https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/night-terrors#2-6
    Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
    ― Albert Camus

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    391
    Maria Guerrero posted a little update this evening:

    Just checking in to tell you there are no big developments in Sherin Mathews' death. At least nothing being released to the public.
    The investigation is ongoing.
    The 3-year-old's adoptive father, Wesley Mathews, is still in jail on $1 million bond. He declined a court appointed attorney & an individual attorney name has not been filed.
    Sini Mathews has not come forward, as Richardson police have asked, to talk with detectives about what happened to Sherin.
    Sini has never been charged with anything in this case.
    I just checked with the medical examiner's office and the autopsy (cause of death) is still pending. Like I said in October, it can take several weeks. Toxicology tests were also done (standard).
    I will keep searching for answers and will report back to you asap.
    Maria GuerreroUPDATE at 9:40pm:
    Attorney Rafael de la Garza of Plano got back to me. He says he *does represent Wesley Mathews in this criminal case.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/


    Rafael De La Garza II is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. De La Garza's experience ranges from complex Federal Drug cases, Federal Gang cases to Death Penalty cases. A former State Prosecutor and Assistant U.S. Attorney, he has handled over 500 Federal cases including more than 25 Federal Jury Trials and over 250 State Jury Trials. He routinely handles cases all over the country including Indiana, Florida, Illinois, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kansas, and New Mexico to name a few. Please click on the link below to learn more about Attorney Rafael De La Garza II.

    ******************************


    Rafael De La Garza II

    Location:
    Plano, Texas
    Phone:
    214-646-XXXX

    Email:





    Areas of Practice


    • Criminal Law


    Certified Legal Specialties


    • Re-Certified Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2007
    • Board Certified Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2002


    Bar Admissions


    • Texas, 1994


    Education


    • Texas Southern University Law School, Houston, Texas
      • Doctorate of Jurisprudence - 1993

    • Texas A & M, College Station, Texas
      • B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1986


    Honors and Awards


    • Texas SuperLawyers 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015
    • Texas Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellow 2009


    Professional Associations and Memberships


    • National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
    • Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
    • Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
    • Texas Board of Legal Specialization
    • Collin Co. Bar Association


    http://www.delagarzalaw.com/Attorney...garza-Ii.shtml
    Last edited by Grouchymom; 11-10-2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Another thought


    If doing the right thing were easy, more people would be doing it.
    ਸੂਸਨ ਮਿਲ੍ਸ
    ਸ਼ਿਰੀਨ ਮੈਥੇਵਸ

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by possumheart View Post
    There is a small chance that Sherin had night terrors.
    https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/night-terrors#2-6
    My 2 year old has night terrors, they are horrible but we would never take him out of the house or be upset with him during one. My husband and I both work full time but whoever hears him first just gets up and goes and lays down with him or brings him in our bed. After a little bit he stops screaming and goes back to sleep. It's sad to watch them but he doesn't really wake up during them or remember them.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by rosesfromangels View Post
    Agree. He has already established himself as a liar. I don't believe anything related to his rendition other than he was with the child in the garage at 3am. A grown man with a toddler (now deceased), in a garage at 3am does not create a very innocent portrayal.
    I don't believe the garage story.

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouchymom View Post
    While Maria Guerrero in a follow-up comment rightly states : "Trust me. I'm checking with police, checking online, checking anywhere I can for answers. I just don't post to post. I don't think that helps in a case where so much information out there is false and unfounded" , she is blurring the facts regarding SM's interaction with RPD just stating "Sini Mathews has not come forward, as Richardson police have asked, to talk with detectives about what happened to Sherin. Sini has never been charged with anything in this case. "

    It has been reported that " Mrs. Mathews talked to the police at length that morning at her home, then went to the station that evening for further interviews. She voluntarily went back to the station a few days later, and was interrogated for hours by several officers with no attorney present."
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...453168833.html

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    12,254
    No arraignment hearing scheduled?? Would they be waiting for COD?

    TIA!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    406
    Generally speaking, if the autopsy itself had shown an obvious sign of death, would they wait for toxicology to come back before noting an official cause? I know this is a high profile case so they may just be extra cautious. But it seems to me that if the cause of death is obvious they still do tox and other tests just to make sure nothing else was at play, but they will rule COD based on the body itself if its possible. Example, a gun shot wound to the head. They would know the cause of death and manner of death and would announce that, but would also check to see if drugs or alcohol were involved. So just wondering if Sherin's body maybe didn't give much of a story on autopsy alone? JMO
    Free David Thorne!

  9. #939
    rosesfromangels's Avatar
    rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,782
    Quote Originally Posted by MarisaS1985 View Post
    Generally speaking, if the autopsy itself had shown an obvious sign of death, would they wait for toxicology to come back before noting an official cause? I know this is a high profile case so they may just be extra cautious. But it seems to me that if the cause of death is obvious they still do tox and other tests just to make sure nothing else was at play, but they will rule COD based on the body itself if its possible. Example, a gun shot wound to the head. They would know the cause of death and manner of death and would announce that, but would also check to see if drugs or alcohol were involved. So just wondering if Sherin's body maybe didn't give much of a story on autopsy alone? JMO
    BBM - I believe this is the case.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,224
    Quote Originally Posted by ksprincess View Post
    My 2 year old has night terrors, they are horrible but we would never take him out of the house or be upset with him during one. My husband and I both work full time but whoever hears him first just gets up and goes and lays down with him or brings him in our bed. After a little bit he stops screaming and goes back to sleep. It's sad to watch them but he doesn't really wake up during them or remember them.
    Personally, I don't believe night terrors have anything to do with why Sherin was in the garage at 3am. I am not even sure that is where she died since her father has provided so many narratives (lies) about events that night. But I will say - there was a young sibling in the home and having had a child who suffered from night terrors - I did I could to keep the night terror child from waking and disrupting the sleeping sibling.

    That said, no evidence of night terrors and no earthly explanation in my mind for Sherin to be force fed a protein shake type thing at 3am in a garage.

    we will never know the full story and it is probably way worse than the cockamamie one(s) we've heard thus far.
    Last edited by tlcya; 11-10-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.


  11. #941
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    The frozen tundra, US
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Personally, I don't believe night terrors have anything to do with why Sherin was in the garage at 3am. I am not even sure that is where she died since her father has provided so many narratives (lies) about events that night. But I will say - there was a young sibling in the home and having had a child who suffered from night terrors - I did I could to keep the night terror child from waking and disrupting the sleeping sibling.

    That said, no evidence of night terrors and no earthly explanation in my mind for Sherin to be force fed a protein shake type thing at 3am in a garage.

    we will never know the full story and it is probably way worse than the cockamamie one(s) we've heard thus far.
    I pray it's not, but I fear you are right.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  12. #942
    rosesfromangels's Avatar
    rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,782
    Yes, listening carefully to the words he chose and then using them as metaphors....presents some truly grim speculations.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

  13. #943
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,256
    JMHO But, even is a cause of death were easily determined from the body, such as blunt force trauma to the head, it would only be prudent to wait until all the testing is complete before stating "she died from____" because as we all know, "____" may be just one of the causes.

    The mother has been interviewed extensively. Now, she has an attorney and should follow counsel's advice. As far as we know, she too is just an innocent victim. She lost her baby, her older child was taken from her, her husband confessed and is in jail charged with a crime that can land him in prison for up to 99 years, her life as she knew it is over, her family was destroyed and her community rose against her based on their 'feelings" about what they 'think' happened. If I were her, I would be terrified of everyone and talking to no one. What can she add if she was asleep? Nothing.

    JMHO

  14. #944
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by angorwat View Post
    While Maria Guerrero in a follow-up comment rightly states : "Trust me. I'm checking with police, checking online, checking anywhere I can for answers. I just don't post to post. I don't think that helps in a case where so much information out there is false and unfounded" , she is blurring the facts regarding SM's interaction with RPD just stating "Sini Mathews has not come forward, as Richardson police have asked, to talk with detectives about what happened to Sherin. Sini has never been charged with anything in this case. "

    It has been reported that " Mrs. Mathews talked to the police at length that morning at her home, then went to the station that evening for further interviews. She voluntarily went back to the station a few days later, and was interrogated for hours by several officers with no attorney present."
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...453168833.html
    I can say that from my short experience with Maria Guerrero, as a member of the MSM she may check a variety of sources for information but I have not seen a single instance where she did not adequately verify the information before releasing it.

    With regards to Sini, you are correct she has not been charged but LE did make a public appeal for her to come in and speak with them after WM made confession 2.0. If Maria Guerrero, states that she has not to date responded to that request in my opinion I personally can give her credibility based on what I have seen of her reporting. This is not a confirmation of guilt or innocence just one fact of a complicated and very emotional case.

    I personally give a defense attorney very little credibility with public statements on behalf of their clients as the only time an attorney is required to be truthful is in what he presents to the court. Everything else is just PR and an attempt to put their clients in a better light with the court of public opinion which they hope some of their potential jurors will come from. This is not specific to Sini’s attorney but a general opinion gained from decades of bein involved in the court system. JMHO

    Sini’s cooperation or lack there of is not a new issue and definitely not a Maria Guerrero issue as you can see by the sampling of articles below:

    [QUOTE]Ms Mathews' role so far has been in identifying the body (which was found and believed to be that of Sherin Mathews — not confirmed yet ). She has co-operated in as far as identifying the body. She has not co-operated in as far as giving details of how the child disappeared or any other questions related to the case.[/QUOTE]
    http://www.firstpost.com/world/sheri...e-4170713.html

    Lawyers for Sini Mathews said she is cooperating with police in the investigation. But that’s not what police have said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/26...ers-death.html

    October 11th
    Parents of missing Texas girl, 3, who was sent outside for not drinking milk not cooperating with investigation


    The parents of a missing 3-year-old Richardson girl are no longer cooperating with police.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/11...stigation.html

    Parents of missing 3-year-old Texas girl no longer cooperating with police

    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

    Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 11:17 AM
    The parents of Sherin Mathews, the Texas toddler who vanished after her father left her alone in an alley, are no longer cooperating with the investigation, police said.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3553366

    Sini Mathews has been interrogated twice by police – once without lawyers present – according to her new attorneys Mitchell Nolte and Greg Gibbs. Sini retained an attorney shortly after Sherin went missing.The attorneys noted that – contrary to media reports – Sini has been cooperating with police, and helped provide information, including Sherin’s dental records, to identify her daughter’s body

    http://www.indiawest.com/news/global...9d0da40e7.html


    If doing the right thing were easy, more people would be doing it.
    ਸੂਸਨ ਮਿਲ੍ਸ
    ਸ਼ਿਰੀਨ ਮੈਥੇਵਸ

  15. #945
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by rosesfromangels View Post
    Yes, listening carefully to the words he chose and then using them as metaphors....presents some truly grim speculations.
    I think his lawyer helped him word that story. The part about "I assisted her in drinking the milk" I think came straight from the lawyer because WM may have said, "I forced her to drink the milk faster", and the lawyer probably said, "Wait. Let's reword that so you sound innocent." Just guessing.

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1183
    Last Post: 10-27-2017, 09:47 AM
  2. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 10-24-2017, 12:58 PM
  3. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1106
    Last Post: 10-22-2017, 06:45 PM
  4. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1324
    Last Post: 10-18-2017, 02:30 PM
  5. Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1
    By perfectingpink in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1193
    Last Post: 10-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Tags for this Thread