Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.30.17 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

ADMIN WARNING: RE PAYWALL SITES

Under copyright law, any members who are signing up for a paid subscription to ABro's @TrialLive or her Patreon account (or any other subscription service) are NOT legally allowed to bring any information they obtain through those accounts over to Websleuths.

Subscribing members may not pass the information to other members and have those third parties post the information here.

Information that you post at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

At Laura Babcock trial, court hears of love triangle and 'catty' texting war
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Oct 27, 2017

karoline-shirinian.jpg

Karoline Shirinian, centre, faces questioning from Crown Attorney Jill Cameron as Justice Michael Code and co-accused Dellen Millard watch. (Pam Davies/CBC)

It was Laura Babcock's 23rd birthday — Feb. 12, 2012 — when she opened a text message taunting her about a former lover.

"We thought it would be funny if we sent her a catty text message for her birthday," Karoline Shirinian, 25, testified Friday in a packed courtroom at the trial into Babcock's alleged murder.

Shirinian said she'd been having drinks with another friend, Christina Noudga, who was not very fond of Babcock. That's because Babcock had once dated Noudga's then boyfriend, Dellen Millard.

Noudga crafted the text to Babcock, Shirinian said. It read: "Happy birthday. A year ago today was the first time I slept with Dellen."

Shirinian told the jury Babcock immediately sent a reply: "That's fine, I slept with him a couple of weeks ago."

Friend expected to shed more light on Laura Babcock's life after trial hears of love triangle
CBC News Oct 30, 2017

Crown witness Karoline Shirinian is expected back in the witness box as the second week of the murder trial in the death of Laura Babcock, who vanished from Toronto in 2012, gets underway today.

Shirinian, 25, is the best friend of Christina Noudga, who was seeing Dellen Millard, at the time that Babcock disappeared.

[...]

Also expected is the technical evidence previewed by the prosecution in its opening statements. Last week, the Crown told the jury that the cellphones of Millard, Smich and Babcock were all at or near Millard's home around the time it's alleged she was killed.

CBC Live Blog

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Justice Code is here for the 1st day of 2nd week of Laura #Babcock murder trial. Jury on their way in now. @CHCHNews 6pm full day's wrap

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Good morning, we're about to begin week two of the Laura Babcock murder trial. Karoline Shrininian is in the witness box.

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO
Millard and Smich murder trial continues. Millard will cross examine the best friend of his girlfriend, Karoline Shirinian.

DNZDFNIX0AEf9VA.jpg

Karoline Shirinian is back on the stand. #Millard up now for cross. "I wasn't much of a boyfriend to Christine was I?"

Dellen Millard begins cross examination, "I wasn't much of a boyfriend to Christina, was I?"

"Are you asking my opinion?" Shirinian asks. Yes. "Not my opinion of what a good boyfriend would be, no." She and #Millard never close

Millard asks if she was good friends with Laura. Karoline says yes. Millard, "but we weren't good friends?" Karoline says no.

"We weren't close so your opinion didn't matter much to me," Shirinian tells #Millard. He didn't get her many gifts

Millard on Christina, " I didn't give her many gifts?" Karoline: No. Millard: I used to have alot of money? Karoline: So I heard.

"I used to have a lot of money didn't I?" She isn't sure. "Just because you see someone driving a nice car, doesn't mean they can afford it"

Millard: I had lots of nice things. Karoline: Just because someone drives a nice car, doesn't mean they can afford it.

Judge warns #Millard about hearsay. He wants to know if Karoline knows he gave his mechanic a car as a wedding gift.

#Millard says we'll hear from his mechanic, Shane Schlatman, so he's save his questions for then.

Millard: I wasn't much of a boyfriend to Christina was I?
Shirinian: Not what I would say a good boyfriend would be.

But as Christina Noudga's best friend, Karoline would have heard complaints about #Millard, right?

Millard, "It's no secret I would sleep with other women when I was with Christina." Karoline: Yes.

"It's no secret I would sleep w other women." #Millard says. Karoline knew of one instance when he slept with a prostitute on a trip.

Millard: And I would tell Christina. Karoline: I only know of one incident. She tells the jury he slept with a stripper in Mexico.

Karoline would be in a group of friends with #Millard often, he establishes. "I suggest it's more than a stripper in Mexico," #Millard says

Millard: Admits that he sleep w other women while dating her.
And that he used to have money. "It's no secret I would sleep w other woman"

"It was no secret I would sleep with other women." #Millard says he used to have a fiancee. "That's great," says Shirinian

Millard: I used to have a fiance. Karoline: Oh that's right.

Crown Jill Cameron is concerned things Noudga said to Shirinian are hearsay. Noudga evidence is going in through here.

Crown interrupts Millard's questioning. She says she's concerned he's establishing Christina's evidence through Shrininian.

Judge says #Millard is putting the relationshiop in terms of common knowledge a whole group had, not really hearsay. #Millard agrees

Shirinian had heard that Millard bought a car for his mechanic as a gift. Millard also had a fiancé. "Common knowledge in the group"

During his entire relationship with Noudga #Millard was sleeping with his former fiancee. She didn't know until the fiancee asked to move

Karoline says fiancee was living on one of #Millard properties. When she was asked to move out Noudga learned of her carnal relshp w Millard

Noudga knew Millard was sleeping w fiancé.
Millard: It's not fair then to call our relationship (w Noudga) "exclusive"

Shannon Martin

Court is underway at week two of the Laura Babcock murder trial.

Karoline Shrininian, 25, is back in the witness box. She was friends with both Babcock and remains best friends with Christina Noudga.

So far Millard's cross examination is focusing on who was sleeping with who when. He's repeated several times to Shrininian, "It's no secret I was sleeping with other women" when he was dating with Noudga.

He's trying to establish, I believe, that he was not exclusive with Noudga. Shrininian says she was under the impression they were exclusive.

Until then Shirinian thought #Millard relationship with Noudga was exclusive, she says. She can't be sure when Noudga knew, she agrees

When it came to Laura #Babcock coming to #Millard's house, that wasn't a secret either, Karoline agreees

Judge asks, and Karoline says she and Noudga didn't know #Babcock was going over to sleep with #Millard.

Shannon Martin
Millard asking Shirinian if it was known that he was spending time with Laura Babcock. Millard, "It was well known she came over to my place and we would do things together as friends."

Millard, "To be fair, you know Laura and I had a brief relationship before Christina and I started dating each other." Shirinian agrees.

Lisa Hepfner‏
Karoline knows #Millard had a brief relationship with #Babcock before Noudga, right? Sure, she says.

Karoline was dating a guy named Kyle when #Millard was dating Noudga, she says, in contradiction to #Millard memory.

Shannon Martin
Since Friday, Millard appears to have gotten a hair cut. Last week it was collar-length and parted in the middle.

It's shorter now, but on the right side he appears to have a very small ponytail.

#Millard dated #Babcock in 2009 or 2010, they agree. Karoline thinks it was around the time she started working at Mastermind Toys w Laura

All of them would go out together, "and Laura would be obvious about her interest in me, right? #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1
Karoline says #Babcock only displayed interest in #Millard before and after her relationship with Shawn Lerner

Shirinian says #Babcock was very friendly so she can see how some guys would get the impression she was interested in them.

Shannon Martin
Millard asks Shirinian about when the group used to hang out. Was Babcock obvious in her feelings towards him, even when he was dating Noudga?

Shirinian disagrees. She says when Babcock started dating Shawn Lerner, she didn't observe Babcock making any passes.

"She was very friendly. I can see how men would confuse that with her making a pass at them."

No secret there was "a little bickering" going on between #Babcock & Noudga. "I didn't seem to care, did I?" #Millard asks, Shirinian agrees

Lerner and #Babcock broke up around Xmas 2011/ New Years 2012, judge recalls.

Shannon Martin
Millard, "It's also no secret there was bickering going on between Christina and Laura." Shirinian agrees.

Millard, "And I didn't seem to care too much about it."

Shirinian says the bickering got "much, much worse" after Babcock and Lerner broke up around Christmas/New Years in 2011.

Millard, "It's also no secret there was bickering going on between Christina and Laura." Shirinian agrees.

#Millard asks about Karoline's description of #Babcock as evil. Didn't really mean evil. "She knew the right buttons to press to upset ppl"

Shirinian says there was bickering between the two woman, Noudga and Babcock. Millard didn't care. Babcock knew the right buttons to push.

Shannon Martin
Millard asks Shirinian about a statement to police when she called Babcock 'evil.'

She clarifies and says, it was just an expression. Laura wasn't actually evil.

Shirinian says Babcock knew the right buttons to press to really upset them.

Millard: Laura tended to burn alot of bridges, didn't she? Shirinian agrees.

"This ability to upset ppl wasn't limited to Christina was it?" Shirinian says she'd seen in happen with many ppl. Laura burned bridges.

Millard asks Shirinian about a statement to police when she called Babcock 'evil.' She clarifies and says, it was just an expression.

Shirinian knew #Babcock had difficulty getting mental diagnosis. She had prescribed drugs. Different doctors had different opinions

Shirinian says Babcock knew the right buttons to press to really upset them.

Shirinian admits Laura Babcock could burn a lot of bridges.
Babcock had legally prescribed meds based on several doctors diagnosis..

Shannon Martin
Millard asks Shirinian about medication Babcock was taking. Shirinian was aware she was on several for different issues she was facing. It seemed to help.

Millard asks if Babcock stopped using meds from time to time.

Shirinian says the issue was when Babcock felt better, she would stop taking medication.

Shirinian believes #Babcock was taking Atavan. She got all her knowledge of #Babcock's mental health from #Babcock. Meds seemed to help.

If she felt better she'd stop taking the meds, Shirinian says this was a #Babcock problem.

In 2012, Shirinian and #Babcock weren't as close as before. "Mean is an understatement," Shirinian says of their feud.

"You can forgive but sometimes it's hard to forget," Karoline says. "I knew she wasn't herself; you can't not forgive someone struggling."

Shannon Martin
Millard takes Shirinian back to 2012, their falling out because Babcock was mean to Shirinian.

"Mean would be an understatement," she says.

They patched things up a few months later. "You can forgive but it can be hard to forget," she says.

She adds she knew Babcock was going through issues, so it's hard not to forgive someone who is struggling.

Millard got a hair cut over the weekend. It's above the shoulder now. A small braid on one side falls a bit longer. Drawing soon.

Ativan = lorazepam

Most therapeutic effects wear off within 6-8 hours. This is why doctors prescribe multiple doses of lorazepam daily for acute episodes of anxiety.
If you use drugs recreationally, you are at risk of developing an addiction to lorazepam. Why? Because lorazepam tends to produce semi-euphoric effects of relatively long duration, about 6-8 hours. Some people self-report lorazepam effects up to 10 hours long. But most people report the heavy depressant effects when of lorazepam is used for getting high such as immobility, falling asleep, or feeling low. Note here that tolerance for benzodiazepines like lorazepam builds quickly, and you can form a lorazepam habit within days of dosing.
http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/how-long-does-lorazepam-last/

The gifts #Millard gave Christina included jewellery and trips, they agree. #Millard was already going w his buddy Andrew Michelski

"He's a very good friend of mine. My best friend. My wing man," #Millard says of Michelski

Millard circles back to his relationship with Noudga. He's again asking about gifts he purchased for her, he says they weren't fancy

Shirinian says gifts don't have to be expensive, it's the thought that counts.

Millard is putting something on monitor. A photo. #Millard and Michelski, ID'd by Shirinian. #Millard had pink mohawk, Michelski blue

Shannon Martin
Millard shows the court a photo of him and another friend, Andrew Michalski (will need to confirm spelling).

The friend has blue hair styled in a mohawk. Millard is wearing a pink one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288