1564 users online (350 members and 1214 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Judy Cajuste, 14, Roselle, 11 January 2006

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=3838955

Her mother, Magalie, remembers her only daughter, who was last seen 12 days ago. When she didn't come home that Wednesday night her mother reported her missing.

Magalie Cajuste, Victim's Mother: "Ten days I looked out my window, crying every day. Twenty-four hours I didn't eat."

The next day Essex County parks employees found the body of a young woman in a dumpster, but it took a week for authorities to notify Judy's mother, a delay that Essex County authorities have yet to explain.
    It annoys me that in the article Judy is described as the "young woman". She was 14, just a girl!!!! Yet other missing people who are 19+ are referred to a "missing girls" or "missing teenagers". Why on earth is this girl a "young woman" ???????????

I did a search on:
    Missing & Exploited Children
    www.missingabducted.com
    Google news
    Google web
    .... and there was nothing....

This is just deplorable. This was a girl not a young woman. The police were totally at fault for not comparing all missing with the facts of the matter. They knew/or suspected but were not practicing due diligence.

Yes I agree ConcernedPerson. It "sounds" like they knew right away that she had died, but they didn't get around to telling mom for a week.

Surely, even a phone call would have been not too much trouble????

They now have her Judy's computer as they think she may have met a man on the internet... wonder how long it will take them to turn it on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PonderingThings
    Yes I agree ConcernedPerson. It "sounds" like they knew right away that she had died, but they didn't get around to telling mom for a week.

Surely, even a phone call would have been not too much trouble????

They now have her Judy's computer as they think she may have met a man on the internet... wonder how long it will take them to turn it on!!!!http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif
    There is NO excuse for this sloppy police work. Shame on them!!!!

Thoughts and prayers for Judy, her mom and family. They must have gone through he!! just waiting to hear some word.

Quote Originally Posted by petra
    There is NO excuse for this sloppy police work. Shame on them!!!!

Thoughts and prayers for Judy, her mom and family. They must have gone through he!! just waiting to hear some word.
    Petra, this is a good opportunity to say that your heart is felt by many. Without some of you we could be posting on nothing. We come here with all the thoughts of trying to make a difference or a standard that sets us above the trivia. We come here with thoughts of families who are going through peril. We bang our heads against post after post that will portray a victim in the most desolute light. We come here because we care. And, I, never want to lose you.

ditto. We have to speak out and hope it is read by someone else who can feel a little bit of the outrage that happens to so many victims and their families. They need a voice when they are in the middle of their black hole of horror.

It is just amazing what humans do to each other--and not just the murderer.
    But all of us and especially those in a position with direct contact with victims and families. Where have basic human compassion and feelings gone?

I hope I never turn a blind eye or become so numb to not feel anything towards another human being.

You never will. Some hearts just rise above and suffer the consequences.

I would highly suggest everyone read the following local news article- nj.com

It will answer some of your questions.

It only let me read page 1 and then I would have to register but the one thing I noticed was police thought the victim was in her 20's. This happened in the South Carolina case.....police said 30-50 yr.old female when in reality she was 20.

Web Perv Eyed In Girl's Slay

slain high-school freshman who disappeared from her New Jersey home two weeks ago may have been strangled by a sicko she met online, according to reports.
    Judy Cajuste, 14, of Roselle, N.J., vanished on Jan. 11. Her family reported her disappearance the following day.

On Jan. 13, parks workers in Newark discovered the body of a girl in a Dumpster at a maintenance garage in Weequahic Park, about 10 miles from Roselle.

The body was identified as Cajuste on Friday, and the medical examiner's office yesterday ruled she had died from strangulation. http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/62170.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

You don't have to register... it just asks for demographics... enter in something fake...

Thank you Audrey for posting that article. I does give a clearer picture of what happened.

It's two police departments. One finds the body and based on the estimates starts looking for a woman. Another takes a missing child report and based on the information starts looking for her.

In both instances data was fed into the computer. Unfortunately no match was possible as the estimate of the age was terribly wrong.

I've run into that before, while searching the Doe Network, or similiar sites and coming up with a possible match, but some of the data is off. Usually the authorities "guess" or "estimate" accurately... sadly not in this case.

At least someone was alert enough to think... ok, maybe the age is off and look into the possible match! It took a week... but for some families it takes years... or never...

The article also kinda explains why Judy was being referred to as the "young woman" not "girl" or "teenager". It seems that although she was only 14 the authorities have it in their heads that she's a "young woman" because they were looking for someone in their 20s... they continue THEIR error!

I understand it. It makes logical sense. I can see why/how it happened. It still doesn't remove that fact that because of an error the authorities took a week to tell her mom they had found her child. The only plus side is that the system worked..... slowly... painfully... but it ultimately worked....

Now I hope they concentrate really hard and find her killer!

What a sad story - she sounds like a delightful girl.

I wonder if it was because she was wearing a gold band that they thought she was older?

If she was wearing that on her ring finger (doesn't say she was) then that would be it, for forensics, I would think. Early 20's.

Not 14.

I agree that I've seen things in the Doe files that look very very questionable - sometimes people go missing forever, even though they are located, because of something like this that seems like such a solid clue, is actually a mis-clue.

Plus I find that many young girls these days look much older than they really are.

This is were DNA /fingerprints on file can really help.

I understand the problem and I am glad the article made it clear. If a missing poster was in the system with description of ring it may have helped.

Remember the woman from Great Neck, NY---friend called in tip with her id from tattoo.....

hhhmmmm..maybe i should think of getting one!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast