997 users online (125 members and 872 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

But it's just lettuce!

Lettuce may be biodegradable, but it's still considered trash -- and a ticket has prompted one Pennsylvania resident to take issue with that.

Dawn Higgins was cited by a Colonial Regional Police officer for throwing some of the green stuff out of her car window while parked outside a Wal-Mart in Lower Nazareth Township, Pa.

Higgins said she took her daughters and a teenage friend to the store, and they stopped at a McDonald's restaurant along the way and bought food.

She said she pulled into a parking space to finish her meal but decided not to eat the half-dozen or so leaves atop her salad.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/foodnews/6371571/detail.html
    Interesting poll at the link.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This slob said lettuce comes from the ground so it was okay to throw it on the ground. Uh...was the ground covered with blacktop in that parking lot? She probably had to drive past a trash can to exit the parking lot, so why not toss it out then? I hope the judge makes things clear to her, as she sure is setting a bad example for those teenagers.

I always wing my pickle out the window

although I never throw anything on the ground I don't have issue with something biodegradable like food...

A piece lettuce does not equate to a plastic cup from the 7/11

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    This slob said lettuce comes from the ground so it was okay to throw it on the ground. Uh...was the ground covered with blacktop in that parking lot? She probably had to drive past a trash can to exit the parking lot, so why not toss it out then? I hope the judge makes things clear to her, as she sure is setting a bad example for those teenagers.
    I'm with Opie. Rotting garbage stinks, even if it IS biodegradable. It also gets very slimy, and isn't something you want a little kid or elderly person stepping and slipping on. A rural road side ditch is one thing, a paved shopping center parking lot is quite another!

JMHO,
    E

I'd personally prefer to NOT have to walk around someone's discarded food.

It's a trashy thing to do!

lock her up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'd personally prefer to NOT have to walk around someone's discarded food.
    Me either. Nothing worse than stepping out of your car onto somebody's discarded food trash! How gross. Now if it were in a field or along the side of the road where people don't normally walk, and that the critters are more abundant, than that would be okay. Not in a paved parking lot...

Don't they have seagulls that hang around the Walmart parking lots in PA? They scarf down food here before it hits the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Don't they have seagulls that hang around the Walmart parking lots in PA? They scarf down food here before it hits the ground.
    Not here in Central California, no sea gulls! Just the bums that go around begging, which can be as bug of pests as seagulls.

Yeah, there's seagulls here but not in every parking lot. I actually haven't seen them around too recently. I agree with everyone else who doesn't want to walk around on other peoples food. People leave all kinds of trash in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart near me...no one wants to look at that crap or clean it up just cause you're too lazy to throw it away.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

I think she should be sentenced to cleaning up that parking lot one evening and she'd see all the gross stuff people toss out and what a mess it makes.

The grossest thing is when people leave diapers in the parkinglot.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    The grossest thing is when people leave diapers in the parkinglot.
    Yep, they kinda toss them under the car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast