Found Alive LA - Linda Thompson, 67, Baton Rouge, 27 Oct 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Baton Rouge police are searching for Linda Thompson, 67, of 3636 President Davis Drive, police spokesman Sgt. Don Coppola Jr. said Tuesday afternoon.

Coppola said authorities cannot rule out the possibility of foul play and believe Thompson suffers from mental illness. She was reported missing on Friday.

Thompson is about 5 feet 4 inches tall and 175 pounds with blonde hair and green eyes.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_00675e8a-be80-11e7-a3fa-2b077fe243e7.html

d877087bda1f1820cd9639deb11f7aa9.jpg

Car found: http://www.sunherald.com/latest-news/article182170456.html

Police are asking for the public’s help to find a Louisiana woman who disappeared the day her car was found abandoned on Interstate 10 in D’Iberville.

Linda Thompson, 67, was last seen Friday at her Baton Rouge home, D’Iberville Police Lt. Jason King said.

Her 2005 Lexus, a beige/gold color, was found on the roadside on Interstate 10 later Friday on the eastbound side at the 45 mile marker, King said.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/latest-news/article182170456.html#storylink=cpy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article says they found nothing unusual inside, but it brings up questions. I wonder if they can try to start it. Maybe the family has an extra key? Did it break down? Was it locked? Maybe out of fuel?

Children of missing Baton Rouge woman desperate for answers

On Sunday, two of her three children - Jay Thompson and Brittany Skuse - came to D'Iberville to retrieve her car, and left with more questions than answers.

They say the disappearance is not like her and has been suspicious from the beginning.

“When we went to her house originally, the door was wide open and her dog was shut in a back bedroom,” Thompson said. “So, didn’t really know what to make of it. If she was abducted or if for some reason she got in the car and took off, I mean, we just....don’t know.”

http://m.wlox.com/wlox/db_330810/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Dq7tcxqX

Very Glad to learn that she was found alive and safe!

I hope that LE is able to untangle what exactly happened to her during the time she was missing.

CONGRATS! To her & her family on being reunited!!..

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Another located msm article-

A missing Baton Rouge woman whose abandoned vehicle was found near D’Iberville was found Monday in a home under construction in Biloxi, police said.

Linda Thompson, 67, was being checked out by medical personnel after she was found at a construction site off Brodie Road on Monday morning, Biloxi Police Maj. Christopher De Back said.

How she ended up about 145 miles from her home wasn’t clear.

“As far as we know, she didn’t know anybody here,” De Back said.

“It appeared her car had run out of gas,” De Back said.

http://amp.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/harrison-county/article183006461.html

Another article:

[FONT=&quot]DeBack said construction workers found Thompson in the home around 9 a.m. She was checked out by paramedics but was not taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“She appears to be in good health. It looks like she’s been taken care of,” said DeBack.[/FONT]

"Looks like she's been taken care of." I have a lot of questions. So glad she is okay though!

Thompson had spent the night in a home Keith Fayard is building on Lucious Drive, just off Brodie Road. Fayard lives in a subdivision nearby and is building the home to sell.

Fayard said he was surprised when he stopped by the construction site and worker told him there was a lady in one of the bedrooms.

“She was sitting up in bed and had a Bible in her hand. I asked, ‘How are you doing and what are you doing here?’” The woman told him she had just stayed at the home Sunday night, and had been staying “all over” before that, he said. He asked if she was hungry and when was the last time she’d eaten. “She said she hadn’t,” Fayard said. “She told me, ‘God is taking care of it.’ I told her ‘God is taking care of it. God sent you here so we could find you.”

There was no sign of food or drinks in sight. He offered to get her some food.

Fayard left and returned with a hamburger and some roast beef sandwiches and told her to stay there and eat while he drove over to Home Depot to pick up some building supplies for his worker. On the way, he called his friend Bobby Mahoney, and told him about the woman. Mahoney remembered seeing a news report of a missing Baton Rouge woman. He copied a picture of the missing woman from a news report and sent it to Fayard. It was Thompson.

As far as police know, Thompson doesn’t know anyone in Biloxi.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_3aa70298-c3d1-11e7-a636-5ff24d0a10a1.html

What a kind man to help Linda like he did! It helps reassure me that mankind is not a lost cause.

Thompson had spent the night in a home Keith Fayard is building on Lucious Drive, just off Brodie Road. Fayard lives in a subdivision nearby and is building the home to sell.

“She was sitting up in bed and had a Bible in her hand.

I know this has little to do with the whole case, but does anyone find it odd that there was a bed in a house that was being built and still under construction?

I know this has little to do with the whole case, but does anyone find it odd that there was a bed in a house that was being built and still under construction?

I wonder if it meant being flipped- or maybe a cot was there for rest from the heat of the day? Who knows? I have neighbors who have an open 'family room' in their garage- and the door is open and TV on 16 hours a day. People do strange things.

wow. Humans being good to each other. More rare these days IMO. Glad she is ok and hoping she can get the help she needs/wants. Her kids must be so relieved. Good for you, beautiful woman, glad you will get home safely now.

Maybe it was far enough along in the construction that it was being staged with furniture to sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've known people who built out one room at a time to completion, as in fully done and livable w/bed-dresser-curtains-etc.., before they moved on yto build out the next room, after having totally gutted an old house back down to its frame. In their case, they had an upper level bedroom done and a bath room, yet both the downstairs & rest of the 2nd floor, was still totally bare bones wood..*shrugs* so, no accounting for how some people choose to do their construction projects..*chuckles* ...

Glad she ran across such a good and kind person.

I believe she was picked up by someone (as it said in an article that her car had run out of gas), and I believe it is likely that person had her the entire time, or that she wondered around and went from person to person by happenstance & was just lucky, until someone/whomever finally dropped her off at what they thought was an abandoned or empty house, because of all the 'heat' from her being in the news media made it too risky to keep her around or even to totally to get rid of her (knowing her death would be investigated with a lot of interest & media coverage if she were found)...& anyone speaking to her could tell that she wasn't in a mental state that she was likely to be able to give LE a detailed, full, and logical/sensible account of her time while missing.

Sadly, She doesn't quite sound like she's currently playing with a well shuffled & complete deck...whether dementia?, mental health issues?/a psychotic break?, what ever the reason, LE will have to tread carefully with her & likely they'll never get the complete story...

BUT, at least she is again home & with her family who can take care of, and look after her moving forward..

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back