Deceased/Not Found NJ - Curtis McCoy, 2, Newark, 18 Nov 1989

:clap: So good that someone got justice for this baby.

I remember this case very well, as I was living near there, and I had a daughter roughly the same age...I remember feeling the helplessness that this man must have felt, knowing that his child just vanished...and how i watched my child more closely whenever we were out in public...

To hear that he was responsible...blows me away, I truly thought this child just vanished!

Police believe they've solved the mystery of a 2-year-old boy's disappearance more than 16 years ago with the indictment of the boy's father on a murder charge.

At a media briefing Tuesday announcing the indictment, Jersey City Police Chief Robert Troy credited "good old-fashioned police work," the tenacity of a city detective and cooperation among local, state and federal authorities for solving the case.

The story begins in November 1989, when Williams went to Gifford, S.C., to pick up 2-year-old Curtis McCoy from his mother, La Shawn McCoy, so the boy could spend Thanksgiving with Williams in Union City.

Not long after, Williams walked into a Newark police station and said that his son had disappeared while they were shopping. Detectives questioned Williams several times afterward, but found no evidence to charge him with a crime.

EDITED DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Authorities have not yet found the boy's body, but are confident that they will. They would say only that it is believed to be buried in Hudson County.
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/newjersey/story/5854312p-5869634c.html

Cases like this one give me hope for others. I had honestly 'filed' this case in ones that would never be solved. It's sad to see that his father was the culprit, but I'm just glad to see that the rest of his family finally has some answers.

I myself had wondered if his disappearance wasn't connected to the New York City abductions of a lot of black babies and toddlers that occurred around the same time. Newark is not far from NYC.

Guess I was wrong. Sigh. If he'd been sold for adoption like the others, chances are he'd still be alive...

i remember this case from doe network i think...iam glad the people that really loved and cared for the poor kid got sometype of closer on the case,, I still never can understand how a parent or any adult could be so mean to a little kid?? I mean how can they even look in a mirror in the morning...if it was up too me any adult that plan's and carry's out any attack on a kid they go to automatic death row and not a 2 to 10 year's in jail and they get out in about 8 month's..i can see a accident i understand that can and will happen.. but to plan and kill a little kid no way, i be more than glad to help people on death row meet there maker, by gun's, rope, elect.chair, any way the judge say's to do it and i sleep real good that night after putting low life's like that to death..

Local and state police investigators on Tuesday were using machines, shovels and dirt sifters to search for the body of a 2-year-old boy, who they believe was murdered 17 years ago by his father.

The dig, at an intersection underneath an elevated portion of the New Jersey Turnpike, sought the remains of Curtis McCoy, who has been missing since November 1989, officials told The Jersey Journal of Jersey City.

Authorities in January 2006 charged McCoy's father, Curtis Williams, with killing the boy.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...03,0,4497954.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey

Things like this are just so hard to understand. The dad went and picked up the baby so the baby could spend Thanksgiving with him....then he murders him....WHY? Why didn't he leave the little guy with his mother? I wonder if they have found his body yet? I hope the dad rots in prison. He must have thought he got away with murder after all of this time.

I wonder if he did it to hurt the mother, or if he just did it to deminish any responsibility. Either way he is a creep. He was still claiming him as a dependent. Just shows he had no conscience!!!

Man admits killing son, gets out of prison

New Jersey judge approved a plea deal Friday that will set free a man who admitted murdering his 2-year-old son 17 years ago.Curtis Williams confessed to beating son Curtis McCoy to death, after claiming for 16 years to have lost the child while shopping in Newark.
Williams told prosecutors where he buried the body in exchange for a plea deal that would set him free with time served -- only 20 months in prison.

He gets out today.

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE MOVED TO MISSING!

This is appalling. If they did not think they could convict him, they should not have charged him. If I were his mom, I'd almost rather see him get tried for murder and get acquitted by the jury (but convicted in public opinion) than this garbage. It's an insult to Curtis's mother and the more so to Curtis. What does a two-year-old do to deserve being beaten to death, then given the shaft by the justice system?

If he admitted killing the little boy what more did they need? The article also said that LE had evidence and that was why he was arrested. He made a deal with them that he would say where he buried the baby. They didn't find the body so the deal should have been off. The only one who came out ahead in this PLEA is the killer....again.

I don't quite understand the child's father, he only says that I tried to shake his hand and the child was gone? and who is supposed to take it? the girlfriend he had at that time? and the child's mother?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back