1462 users online (326 members and 1136 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Mother Accused Of Beating Baby Daughter

SAN ANTONIO -- A 24-year-old woman was charged Monday with injury to a child after she admitted to detectives that she beat her 20-month-old daughter, police said.

April Casares is accused of slapping her daughter, Emerald Alvear, on the face and punching her in the stomach for "being bad at throwing her body on the floor," said San Antonio police spokesman Sgt. Gabe Treviņo.

Casares admitted to detectives that she also spanked her daughter with a belt on her back and stomach, Treviņo said.

Doctors also found some signs of twisted skin in the stomach and back, Treviņo said.

Police started getting involved in the case after paramedics reported suspicious bruising on the infant.

Three young men who were watching the toddler Sunday afternoon at a home in the 900 block of Topeka called 911 because they said Emerald was choking on some pizza.

The infant was airlifted to University Hospital after she lost consciousness.

Emerald was treated for injuries to her liver, thorax and lungs, Treviņo said.
    http://www.ksat.com/news/6364543/detail.html
    The poor little thing ,thank goodness she survived -I hope this B*ITCH
    gets 99 yrs.

I hope they don't give her back to that horror mom.

I'm sorry, its been a while since my kids were 20 months old. Can they (or should they) eat pizza at that age?

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegran
    The poor little thing ,thank goodness she survived -I hope this B*ITCH
    gets 99 yrs.
    Me too. I'd like to beat the hell out of this b!tch the same way she beat this baby. Too many of these stories lately. Sad, sad, sad.

Thank God this little angel survived. If this child is ever given back to that poor excuse of a mother, then the judge or whoever will be just as responsible for her abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'm sorry, its been a while since my kids were 20 months old. Can they (or should they) eat pizza at that age?
    I gave my kids a little pizza crust with just the sauce and cheese on it. At 20 months, she was just 4 mos shy of 2 yrs old. She would have most of her teeth.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I gave my kids a little pizza crust with just the sauce and cheese on it. At 20 months, she was just 4 mos shy of 2 yrs old. She would have most of her teeth.

Thanks! My youngest is about to be 11 years old and my memory about that stuff is not so good!!! LOL

April Casares

Housed: Mountain View
    Sentence Date: 02/20/2007

Offense: Injury to a Child-SBI-Intent
    Sentence: 10 years

Parole Eligibility Date: 03/18/2007
    Projected Release Date: 01/21/2016
    Maximum Sentence Date: 01/21/2016