1076 users online (184 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MD - Girl shot at Rockville day care

I heard this on the news this morning! So sad!!! And shocking! If you have a gun, keep it the heck locked up!

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by T'sNana
    I heard this on the news this morning! So sad!!! And shocking! If you have a gun, keep it the heck locked up!
    I agree what the heck is going on in peoples heads, NOTHING!!! Thats the problem, they need to think.

Michelle,

It is not the gun's fault....it was the parent's fault (or whoever allowed the child to find and get the gun).

I am in favor of making it a felony punishable by 5 year mandatory prison sentence if your child gets your gun from an accessable place and is found with it. If they crack the safe, well then you did your part. Until the penalty is sever enough, parents are going to keep them where kids can get them.

I have a concealed carry permit and take my gun in my vehicle with me each and every day. When I get home, I take it inside and put it away where the kids cannot reach it with the ammo hidden as well. I never let the kids see it nor where I put it. When my son gets old enough to reach it, I will put it in the safe with the others. I much more fear someone breaking into my home and not being able to defend my family than my son getting my gun.

I am glad this girl will be okay!

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by calus_3
    Michelle,

It is not the gun's fault....it was the parent's fault (or whoever allowed the child to find and get the gun).

I am in favor of making it a felony punishable by 5 year mandatory prison sentence if your child gets your gun from an accessable place and is found with it. If they crack the safe, well then you did your part. Until the penalty is sever enough, parents are going to keep them where kids can get them.

I have a concealed carry permit and take my gun in my vehicle with me each and every day. When I get home, I take it inside and put it away where the kids cannot reach it with the ammo hidden as well. I never let the kids see it nor where I put it. When my son gets old enough to reach it, I will put it in the safe with the others. I much more fear someone breaking into my home and not being able to defend my family than my son getting my gun.

I am glad this girl will be okay!

Cal
    Calus, you sound just like my hubby, we argue back and forth over the gun issue and he always says, "Guns dont kill. people who get the do" And i totally understand that, but i still am terrified of them and i grew up with guns all over the house. My dad had a handgun i knew exactly where it was and how to use it and he would always say if someone breaks in get the gun. But now that i am a mother i am so scared of them...

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    Calus, you sound just like my hubby, we argue back and forth over the gun issue and he always says, "Guns dont kill. people who get the do" And i totally understand that, but i still am terrified of them and i grew up with guns all over the house. My dad had a handgun i knew exactly where it was and how to use it and he would always say if someone breaks in get the gun. But now that i am a mother i am so scared of them...
    I know accidents happen, but I'm going to only say this...GUN SAFETY! My dad had his revolver in his night stand or under their matress. I never once thought about touching it or taking it out for any reason. I knew the power of the weapon, and have been shooting since I was about 6 years old. Gun safety was alwyas first and most important. We have a pistol which is not locked in our gun vault. It DOES have trigger lock and the ammo is kept hidden and out of reach. Heck I can't even reach where he put that ammo. My dad has always said that "guns son't kill people, people kill people."

What about mandatory safety locks for guns so children can't use them? I do agree parents should be prosecuted for being careless with guns.

I think people should be able to hunt and have a gun for protection, but I think the gun lobby is way too strong. There is no way we need to have automatic weapons loose. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    What about mandatory safety locks for guns so children can't use them? I do agree parents should be prosecuted for being careless with guns.

I think people should be able to hunt and have a gun for protection, but I think the gun lobby is way too strong. There is no way we need to have automatic weapons loose. It's a shame.
    Dont get me wrong, we may be buying a house out in the country/woods and my DH is out of town alot, so i wouldnt mind having one for protection, but i am so afraid of handguns, i would rather have a shotgun, dont ask me why. I guess because in my mind i cant see a small child handling a shotgun but i can see them use a handgun...

Dont get me wrong, we may be buying a house out in the country/woods and my DH is out of town alot, so i wouldnt mind having one for protection, but i am so afraid of handguns, i would rather have a shotgun, dont ask me why. I guess because in my mind i cant see a small child handling a shotgun but i can see them use a handgun...
    Well they may not be able to shoot themselves too well with a shotgun, but they sure as heck could shoot another person. It all comes down to Gun Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Well they may not be able to shoot themselves too well with a shotgun, but they sure as heck could shoot another person. It all comes down to Gun Safety.
    that is true, i agree we need more gun safety.

that is true, i agree we need more gun safety.
    Can you tell this is something I feel strongly about? Not trying to beat you up

i wonder if they've figured out where the boy got the gun??....i guess we have to assume he got it from home...

Father arrested after boy shoots girl at daycare

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...93/detail.html

ROCKVILLE, Md. -- The father of the boy who allegedly shot a girl at a Maryland day-care center is under arrest.
    *SNIP*
    Police said the boy was playing with the gun in the backpack when it accidentally went off, wounding a 7-year-old girl at the For Kids We Care day-care center in Germantown.

Police said the boy did not take the gun out of the backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Good maybe they can educate him on how to put a gun up away from children, locked, duh!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast