Actor Dustin Hoffman accused of sexual harassment

gregjrichards

Reaction score
“A woman who worked alongside Dustin Hoffman during the 1985 TV film Death of a Salesman claims the Hollywood legend sexually harassed her and pawed at her rear when she was 17-years-old.

Anna Graham Hunter kept a journal of her time working with the film's various stars as a production assistant. She detailed her interactions over the five weeks she worked alongside Hoffman, which she says became inappropriate when he first asked her for a foot rub- she admits to acquiescing.

Hunter, who tells her story as a contributing columnist for the Hollywood Reporter, says at first she loved the attention from the actor, until things took a darker turn.

‘He was openly flirtatious, he grabbed my *advertiser censored**, he talked about sex to me and in front of me. One morning I went to his dressing room to take his breakfast order; he looked at me and grinned, taking his time.,' she said.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-sexually-harassed-minor.html#ixzz4xDF5Uesy

Thanks for starting this discussion. I was on my way here to post and didn't realize there was already a thread.

Dustin Hoffman "Sexually Harassed Me When I Was 17," Woman Says

A woman says Dustin Hoffman sexually harassed her when she was 17 years old and working as an intern on one of his*projects.

The allegations come amid a rise of public accusations of sexual misconduct against several Hollywood celebs and power players, notably producer Harvey Weinstein, who has denied taking part in non-consensual sex.*

"I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation. I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am," Hoffman*told The Hollywood Reporter*in response to the accusations against him, which are detailed in a Hollywood Reporter op-ed posted on November 1 and titled "Dustin Hoffman Sexually Harassed Me When I Was 17." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...fman--Sexu-cbbf?cid=featuredent_media_hoffman

Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman, Jeremy Piven, Brett Ratner Accused of Sexual Misconduct
by Kalhan Rosenblatt

New sexual misconduct accusations have been leveled against several Hollywood A-listers as the fallout from the Harvey Weinstein scandal continues to roil the film industry.

Oscar winner Dustin Hoffman, "Entourage" star Jeremy Piven and "Rush Hour" director Brett Ratner all face new accusations of sexual misconduct.

Additionally, a second actor has come forward to accuse Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...ccused-sexual-misconduct-second-actor-n816336

IIRC, Meryl Streep once told a story about meeting Hoffman for the first time on the set of Kramer versus Kramer. He greeted her by grabbing and squeezing one of her *advertiser censored*.

Perfectly put, Hollyweird indeed! :giggle:

Not just Hollywood. Plenty of small town creeps in dead-end jobs feel perfectly entitled to maul women and to talk dirty in their presence.

I live close enough to Hollywierd to have "friends" who know some of the accused. One example is a female I know who also knows Brett Ratner and said Brett has an abusive girlfriend that is on and off again living with him. She said she is sad to see how Brett has been painted as she has seen/known first hand of him being abused by his girlfriend, yet he has never reacted and has only tried to help his girlfriend. Thing is, how do we know his girlfriend isn't crazy b/c he has crazy making behavior? And this source I have? Well she knows how to hook people up with working girls - let's just say that.

I'm sure many of these guys are dirtbags, but I do worry about how we have become a society of condemnation. I'm sure many of these victims accounts are founded and valid, but you have to worry about the people who are jumping on the bandwagon of defamation for their 15 minutes and a check without having actually been abused. I hate to say it, but it happens. And those idiots mess it up for all of the actual victims! But what I read Ratner did is absolutely abhorrent. I don't care what a good "boyfriend" my "friend" says he is. And how does my "friend" really know him anyhow? I can't ask her without getting my head bit off so I won't.

(Before I get anyone hating on me b/c I am just playing devil's avocado - this is coming from a woman (me) who was raped by a cop the week she turned 18 and most people don't believe her.)

Given what Meryl had to say about Hoffman long ago, it seems there is a pattern of sexual impropriety there. So unfortunate as I always adored him. What a creep :(

Or grab their pussy

I'm sorry, but, this is what blows my mind, out of everything thus far. We have someone in the highest office of the land who, on a hot mic, openly admits to this behaviour.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Bush: Whatever you want. Trump: Grab 'em by the p*ssy. You can do anything.

This is our POTUS. Yet are crucifying folks who we have no knowledge if this is truly how things went down. I'm slow to jump on the hang'em from the highest tree, wagon. I've known some women who have done some pretty retaliatory stuff to men (and women). I've known men who you'd have never guessed that they'd beat their s/o to an unrecognizable pulp. I've known a couple who fought, through 30+ years of marriage, you'd go to their home and have to dodge crap flying through the air (alcohol was usually involved). But this was on a hot mic, in this man's own words. He's our POTUS and, I accept that... (I was a voter w/o a candidate anyway) but, good grief!

I worked for an organization, that had I got on a hot mic, and said something even remotely so crude as that, and it got out, I'd have been handed my hat.

At least Dustin started off asking for a foot massage. I don't even give my s/o a foot massage. Not my gig. :notgood:

Dustin Hoffman exposed himself when I was 16, says playwright Cori Thomas
by Associated Press

More women are accusing Dustin Hoffman of sexual misconduct, including an incident in which a playwright says the actor exposed himself to her in a New York hotel room when she was 16-years-old.

Cori Thomas described the 1980 incident in a story published Thursday by Variety. She confirmed the story in an email to The Associated Press.

Thomas was a classmate of Hoffman's daughter when she says she met the actor, who invited her to his hotel room to wait for her mother after a dinner with the teenagers...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/s...himself-when-i-was-16-says-playwright-n829951

Dustin Hoffman accusers speak out: Actor ‘eroded my self-confidence and my dignity’
by Cynthia McFadden and Elizabeth Chuck

Three women who accuse Dustin Hoffman of inappropriate sexual behavior recounted being starstruck when they met the celebrated actor — and then stunned by Hoffman's advances toward them.

Two were underage when the alleged sexual misconduct happened. The third says she was subject to night after night of inappropriate touching during months on Broadway with him.

"It eroded my self-confidence and my dignity," Kathryn Rossetter, who co-starred with Hoffman in the Broadway production of "Death of a Salesman" and the subsequent TV movie version, told NBC News on Monday. "It was humiliating and demeaning. ... He robbed me of the joy of that experience." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/s...k-out-actor-eroded-my-self-confidence-n830806

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back