1262 users online (250 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!

$5,000 Reward Offered In Unsolved Case Of Slain Durham Mother

http://www.wral.com/news/6404283/detail.html

POSTED: 2:38 pm EST January 24, 2006
    UPDATED: 4:11 pm EST January 24, 2006

DURHAM, N.C. -- Nearly nine months after a Durham mother was found stabbed to death in her home, Durham police announced a reward Tuesday for information about the case.The Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the April 26 slaying of 25-year-old Janet Abaroa.

On The Web: Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation

Abaroa's husband, Raven Abaroa, found his wife dead inside their home at 2606 Ferrand Drive around 11 p.m. on Tuesday, April 26. Their 6-month-old son, Kaiden, who was also in the home, was uninjured.In the hours before her death, Janet Abaroa, who was in the early stages of pregnancy, picked up her son at day care and went with her husband to drop off her car for repairs, police said in a news release issued Tuesday.The Abaroas then met with a church member at their home that evening before Raven Abaroa left the house around 8:30 p.m. in a gray Dodge Durango to play in an indoor soccer game in Morrisville.Police said that when Abaroa returned home that evening, he found his wife upstairs.Investigators spent nearly 24 hours collecting evidence from the home, including knives, a cell phone and financial items, including a checkbook and loan papers. Police searched the Dodge Durango, where they found a knife and a pawn shop ticket. Authorities also collected soil samples from the SUV and took swabbings from various locations in the house. They also took the clothes Raven Abaroa had been wearing.In August, Durham investigators searched through the couple's e-mail accounts in hopes of finding information that would lead them to an arrest.Although no charges have been filed and no suspects have been named in the case, investigators said they do not believe the homicide was random. Police said there were no obvious signs of a break-in, even though a laptop computer was reported missing from the house.The Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation, which posts rewards for families of victims who lack the financial means to do so themselves, will offer the $5,000 reward for six months. It is in addition to a reward being offered by CrimeStoppers for an arrest in the case.Anyone with information is asked to call the Durham Police Department at (919) 560-4440, ext. 247 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    OMG, finally something new!!!! Here's hoping that this will lead to a break in the case! Now let me go dissect the article!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!

Reward for Information in Mother's Murder!

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=3841900

Reward for Information in Mother's Murder

Eyewitness News

(01/24/06 -- DURHAM) - Durham police hope a new reward will lead to clues in the murder of a young mother.

Janet Abaroa, 25, was found stabbed to death inside her Ferrand Drive home last April. No charges have been filed in the case, but police investigators do not believe the crime was random. A foundation that helps families who are not able to generate reward money on their own is now offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the case.

Abaroa is survived by her husband, Raven, and their young son. The woman was pregnant with their second child at the time of her death.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

Quote Originally Posted by terminatrixator
    http://www.wral.com/news/6404283/detail.html

... In the hours before her death, Janet Abaroa, who was in the early stages of pregnancy, picked up her son at day care and went with her husband to drop off her car for repairs, police said in a news release issued Tuesday.The Abaroas then met with a church member at their home that evening before Raven Abaroa left the house around 8:30 p.m. in a gray Dodge Durango to play in an indoor soccer game in Morrisville....
    Well, it sounds to me like LE knows exactly who they're looking at. JMO.

About the underlined parts:

1) Why would they pick Kaiden up prior to dropping the car off? Is it that Janet was so anxious to see him after work? Is it that the sitter couldn't watch him beyond a certain time? Or is it that Kaiden would be a good distraction so that Janet wouldn't notice if Raven's behavior was out of the ordinary?

2) I believe we've been working off of the impression that there were TWO hometeachers there that night but the article clearly states "a".

3) Raven left at 8:30 but we last know of her being alive around 7:00 per the ME report. Also, I seem to remember talk of the game starting at 8:00.

4) There's a very conspicious description of the car that Raven was driving and the location to which he was driving. Is this just thorough reporting or is this request trying to jog people's memories about that particular vehicle?

Does anyone have an actual press release?

Mahatma Gandhi

OMG...I'm so happy about this! I sure hope this DOES help jog some memories for people!

Maybe someone will come forward with whatever knowledge they have that will cause an arrest and conviction!

To whomever did this to Janet -

although it's been 9 months, clearly the investigation is on-going. Whether a year passes, or 5, or 20, there will be someone working on this case. Eventually, all of the pieces will fall into place. So please don't ever think that this is a closed case; that you got away with it; or that people have forgotten Janet. Someday you will be held accountable.

Hats off to LE for all of the hard work you continue to do on this (and every) case. Thank you for doing what you do and confronting on a daily basis what most of us don't even have the strength to imagine.

Mahatma Gandhi

I haven't posted in these thread for some time, though I've been checking in to see what's been new. I'm very happy that this step has been taken and to see that this isn't being let go.

Hallelujah!! This media attention is good news. Hopefully it will jog someone's memory. Your right JG it does seem LE was quite specific in details, I believe they do have someone in mind.

I'm still holding out for a family member to turn on raven for the $ reward. Now that it's bumped up 5,000 grand maybe they will be more inclined to do so.
    "Those who murder steal the precious gift of mortal experience from another and set themselves in open opposition to God, the giver of life." - Arthur R. Bassett

This is so good. Finally after 9 months they are asking for help!

What I am thinking is that Janet picked up her son at day care and then went home to get raven and then dropped off her car for repairs?? Here are my questions: Why was Kaiden in daycare? Where was raven all day while Janet was working?
    Justice For Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Quote Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
    What I am thinking is that Janet picked up her son at day care and then went home to get raven and then dropped off her car for repairs?? Here are my questions: Why was Kaiden in daycare? Where was raven all day while Janet was working?
    Probably doing the same things that he's been doing lately--nothing and doing it without Kaiden.
    2 Nephi 30:17 "There is nothing which is seceret save it shall be revealed; there is no work of darkness save it shall be made manifest in the light; and there is nothing which is sealed upon the earth save it shall be loosed."

Such great news!
    Men should take care not to make women weep, for God counts their tears. -- President Thomas S. Monson

Unhappy $5,000 Reward - Raven Gave Interview

$5,000 reward offered in slaying

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/392400.html

Samiha Khanna, Staff Writer

For nine months, family and friends have been waiting desperately for an arrest in the killing of Janet Abaroa, a young mother stabbed in her home.

On Tuesday, Durham police released more details about her last day alive and announced a $5,000 reward in the unsolved case.

In his first interview about the killing, the victim's husband said Tuesday that he hoped a reward, if not someone's conscience, would bring clues forward.

"Someone knows something," Raven Abaroa said in a telephone interview. "I don't know what it's going to take."

Janet Abaroa, 25, was found dead by her husband the night of April 26 inside her home at 2606 Ferrand Drive. Her 6-month-old son, Kaiden, was in the next room, uninjured, police said. At the time, police said there were no signs of forced entry and the crime was "not random," but they have not named any suspects.

On Tuesday, police said a laptop computer was missing from the home. They also said that on her last day, Abaroa went to pick up her son from day care, then she and her husband dropped off her car for repairs, according to a Durham police news release.

That evening, the couple hosted a friend from church at their home. About 8:30 p.m., Raven Abaroa went to Morrisville for a soccer game, the release said. About 11 p.m., he returned and found his wife dead, kneeling on the floor of a bedroom, according a medical examiner's report.

An autopsy report later showed that Abaroa was in the early stages of pregnancy when she was killed.

Little information has been released by authorities, but the case is still active, said Dena Kendall, 38, the victim's older sister.

"Our family has been in constant contact with the police," Kendall said Tuesday. Waiting for developments from police is frustrating, she said, "but we have to let them do their job."

Meanwhile, Raven Abaroa, 26, has moved to Utah with Kaiden. He left Durham shortly after his wife's death, he said, because there was no reason to stay.

"The only thing I had there was my family, and my family was taken from me," he said.

Months went by and Kaiden, now 1, took his first steps. He learned to kick a soccer ball, something that would have made his soccer-star mom proud, Raven Abaroa said.

"He knows who his mom is," he said. "He sees pictures of her and says, 'Ma,' " he added, sobbing.

Raven and Janet Abaroa were private people, and now strangers speculate on the details of their lives and the killing on Web sites, he said. He recognizes that even strangers want to see justice for his wife, but he also worries that people personify Janet as weak, as being helplessly victimized. They should remember her as the strong woman she was, he said.

"She [was] the epitome of what a woman should be," he said.

For the next six months, the Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation, based in Modesto, Calif., will pay $5,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the killing.

Carole Carrington, 72, started the foundation in 1999, when her own daughter, granddaughter and family friend were murdered on a trip to Yosemite National Park.

It was publicity of the reward that broke open that case and put a serial killer behind bars, Carrington said. Now, it is how she helps other families.

"When you've got a tragedy in your life, helping other people helps you, too," Carrington said in a telephone interview.

Since 1999, the nonprofit foundation has offered more than $2.5 million in 364 cases, including the killing of congressional intern Chandra Levy.

Durham CrimeStoppers also is offering up to $1,200 for information. Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator S.W. Vaughan at 560-4440, ext. 247, or CrimeStoppers at 683-1200.

Staff writer Samiha Khanna can be reached at 956-2468 or skhanna@newsobserver.com.

"He knows who his mom is," he said. "He sees pictures of her and says, 'Ma,' " he added, sobbing.

Cry me a River Raven. Oh the Shades of Sociopathacy, shining brightly through the sobs. Are we sure this guy isn't friends with Scott Peterson? Did he take lessons from Scottie on how to be a Cad and how to Cry on Cue or what.

Rave, how about kicking in some of your part-time bike shop money, hey, even better, why didn't YOU think about setting up a Reward as opposed to spending your free TIME working part-time in a bike shop, playing soccer and bicycle, dating, buying new cell phones, playing online, going through jobs at lightening speed. You disgust me.

"Raven and Janet Abaroa were private people, and now strangers speculate on the details of their lives and the killing on Web sites, he said. He recognizes that even strangers want to see justice for his wife, but he also worries that people personify Janet as weak, as being helplessly victimized. They should remember her as the strong woman she was, he said."

Oh how wrong the Raven has it. This stranger has No doubt in my mind that Janet was NOT the weak one Old Rave.

Janet was strong, much stronger than you. Must stronger than you will EVER be. See Raven, she had a conscience, she was smart, and caring.

She was very strong to try to make her marriage work, though you tried to destroy it on more than one occasion. Taking you back, for the sake of trying to make a marriage work, and raise a Child is VERY strong.

Me, and many like me DO NOT think of Janet as weak. YOU, however, are VERY WEAK!

How dare you say Janet Marie was not victimized? What do you call being MURDERED in your own home is????

Kaiden was victimized, when his Mother was taken away. Janet Marie Christiansen was victimized by a weak man, who has absolutely NO care, NO conscience.

Janet is watching her Murderer, every single day, and keeping track of what he is doing.

Being Murdered does not make one weak, Janet's strength is here, Seeking Justice Raven.

Can you taste it? Can you Hear it? Can you Feel it?

I bet you will eventually.

http://www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-693472.html

Jan 24, 2006 : 10:47 pm ET

DURHAM -- A $5,000 award is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction in the April 26 slaying of 25-year-old Janet Abaroa, according to a Durham Police Department news release.

Abaroa, of 2606 Ferrand Drive, was stabbed to death between the hours of 8:30 and 11 p.m. while at home with her 6-month-old son. Abaroa's husband, Raven, found her body after returning from an evening sporting event. The couple's son, Kaiden, was uninjured, police said.

There were no obvious signs of a break-in, according to police, and only a laptop computer had been taken from the house.

Raven and Kaiden Abaroa now live in Utah with his family.

The reward is being offered by Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation, an organization "committed to raising public awareness of the issue of missing persons who have gone missing under suspicious circumstances and of innocent people who have fallen victim to violent crimes," according to the Foundation's mission statement.

The $5,000 reward is in effect for six months, according to police, and is offered in addition to a reward offered by CrimeStoppers.

Anyone with any information about the murder is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast