986 users online (211 members and 775 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Moscow street kids seek shelter from Arctic cold

MOSCOW (AFP) - As western Russia freezes in Siberian temperatures, Moscow's numerous street children have sought warmth in whatever nook and cranny they can find helped by donations from aid workers.

Anna, 17, has been staying at nights in the huge hall of Moscow's Kursk railway terminal since she arrived from the provincial town of Tula at the start of the current cold snap, in which temperatures have reached as low as minus 30 Celsius (minus 22 Fahrenheit).

She stands at a counter, eating a hotdog and drinking a cup of tea bought for her by two employees of the relief organisation Medecins Sans Frontieres Marina Bobrova and Sergei Pankratov.
    "I couldn't live in Tula region any longer. My mother had been drinking for six years. She kicked me out," Anna said with a smile.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060123...d_060123172125

Prayers for all the children suffering, cold and hungry around the world.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

I have seen shows about the youth in Russia and how many are homeless and neglected. It certainly is a frightning and sad situation....

It's disgraceful. Those kids should have some warmth and security and a sober parent.