904 users online (121 members and 783 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910

    FL - Clarence Hill facing execution for '82 murder of Officer Stephen Taylor

    WASHINGTON (AP) - Florida death row inmate Clarence Hill won a last-minute Supreme Court stay Tuesday night about an hour after he was scheduled to be executed for killing a police officerhttp://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8FBCPCGE.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    92,348
    Breaking my heart here, that the chemicals they use would cause him pain. Wonder how the officer he killed felt? How about the pain suffered by his family and his partner's family? As for mentally retarded...we have a **** here in OH on death row for killing a 12 y.o. boy many years ago. This guy is NOW claiming to be mentally retarded. He has been smart enough to keep changing lawyers and working on his own appeals. Yeah, right, retarded.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,797
    He will have a most peaceful death. Just get on with it. His victims, however, had to suffer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    WASHINGTON (AP) - Florida death row inmate Clarence Hill won a last-minute Supreme Court stay Tuesday night about an hour after he was scheduled to be executed for killing a police officerhttp://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8FBCPCGE.html
    Isn't it funny that they think they are Billy Bad Ass when they have their guns and knives, yet they become little pathic pricks when it is their turn to die?!? Just like Tookie....when he whinned about the needle that was dug around in his fat ugly azz arm. Oh...the poor little loser pricks. What cowards these losers are. I have said this before...I think they should die in the same style that they killed their victims. They sure as heck weren't worried about their comfort were they? Someone should spit in their faces when they start to whine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Ya, I doubt if he was crying when he killed that policeman!


    Scandi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    Isn't it funny that they think they are Billy Bad Ass when they have their guns and knives, yet they become little pathic pricks when it is their turn to die?!? Just like Tookie....when he whinned about the needle that was dug around in his fat ugly azz arm. Oh...the poor little loser pricks. What cowards these losers are. I have said this before...I think they should die in the same style that they killed their victims. They sure as heck weren't worried about their comfort were they? Someone should spit in their faces when they start to whine.
    I'd tell you whatI really think, but you seemed to have covered it all!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    1,867
    Don't get too discouraged. This is only temporary and happens all the time. The courts will error on the side of caution every single time to ensure the integrity of the DP is not compromised. I know it's frustrating, but for the sake of not jeopardizing other cases, they must review this 'man's' claims. The standard for retardation is having an IQ of 76 or lower........it can not be faked and stupidity is not the same thing as being retarded. The argument for lethal injection being cruel has yet to hold up in any court.........

    Don't be surprised if this guy gets another date real soon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,963
    When is this country going and our polititians going to start to care about the VICTIMS of crime and not the criminals. I am so tired of hearing stories like this. Execute him and let the family of the slain officer try to get on with their lives. Stuff like this just hurts the family even more, doesn't anyone care about that?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    When is this country going and our polititians going to start to care about the VICTIMS of crime and not the criminals. I am so tired of hearing stories like this. Execute him and let the family of the slain officer try to get on with their lives. Stuff like this just hurts the family even more, doesn't anyone care about that?
    Unfortunately the answer to your question is NO.The rights of a killer always take precedent over the feelings of a mom who had to bury her daughter.Welcome to 21st century America.
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,502

    Execution Scheduled For Today

    http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/ne...led_for_today/

    A Florida death row inmate who escaped dying when the U.S. Supreme Court stopped his execution at the last minute is scheduled to be put to death today.

    Clarence Hill was strapped to a gurney with IV tubes running into his arms in late January when the U.S. Supreme Court stepped in and stopped his execution. Hill claims being put to death by lethal injection can cause the inmate extreme pain and violates the constitutional ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

    The high court later ruled that Hill should be able to file a challenge to Florida’s execution procedure and sent the case back to lower courts to rule on Hill’s claims. His claims were all rejected.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/ne...led_for_today/

    A Florida death row inmate who escaped dying when the U.S. Supreme Court stopped his execution at the last minute is scheduled to be put to death today.

    Clarence Hill was strapped to a gurney with IV tubes running into his arms in late January when the U.S. Supreme Court stepped in and stopped his execution. Hill claims being put to death by lethal injection can cause the inmate extreme pain and violates the constitutional ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

    The high court later ruled that Hill should be able to file a challenge to Florida’s execution procedure and sent the case back to lower courts to rule on Hill’s claims. His claims were all rejected.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    939
    bring back the guillotine, i say...thonk! dead...next!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,331
    Well, I say let him be the guinea pig, and let us know whether it hurts or not. I'm "dying" to know.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,397
    Strap the guy in a car in a closed garage and turn it on...that seems to be a painless way to go.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,711
    I am glad that Florida believes in the DP.


    There is nothing painfully about lethal injection. He goes to sleep end of story.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TX - Reginald Blanton facing execution in '81 murder of Carlos Garza
    By Wudge in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
  2. FL - Mark Schwab facing execution for the '91 murder of Junny Rios-Martinez
    By White Rain in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 10:15 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 12:27 PM
  4. SD - Elijah Page facing execution for '00 murder of Chester Poage
    By Beyond Belief in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 01:50 AM
  5. VA - Brandon Hedrick facing execution in the '97 murder of Lisa Crider
    By 2sisters in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 03:58 PM