Actor Chris Penn found dead

I will remember him fondly in Footloose. He was a hoot in that movie.
How sad.:(

Thanks for reading my posts.;)

Drugs I bet. Sad for him and his family. I do recall seeing him in some movies. He was a good actor but Sean overshadowed him.

So sad.

I am sorry to hear this and I loved his acting.

I'm not that familiar with him, but I'm always curious when they cite
"undisclosed causes". I wonder if they will release more info to the public when it becomes available.

I don't know anything about his personal life, either. IMDB doesn't show that he's ever married. I didn't get any gossip hits when I googled him. He looked a little puffy in recent pictures . . . but then again so do I. Guess we'll hear soon.

I saw that online earlier...sad to hear of his passing...first thing I thought of was heart attack...

The news said that he lived in a condo and one of the neighbors called the police.I would guess that with the fact that the neighbor called and there was no foulplay,he most likely used a gun.That is so sad.

dark_shadows said:
The news said that he lived in a condo and one of the neighbors called the police.I would guess that with the fact that the neighbor called and there was no foulplay,he most likely used a gun.That is so sad.

I hadn't even thought of suicide. But it could be that the neighbor called for some other reason than hearing a shot.

dark_shadows said:

This article gives a few different facts than previous ones:

Santa Monica police were called by a housekeeper in Penn's first-floor unit at 1033 Ocean Ave. just after 4 p.m. Tuesday and arrived to find the actor's body in his bed, authorities said
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-penn25jan25,0,1859092.story?coll=la-home-local

oh no , this is so sad. I liked him. I also love his brothers acting as well..

I'm so sad to hear this. He was great in Footloose and All the Right Moves. His family is in my prayers.

I'll be pretty surprised if it was anything but a heart attack. The dude was SERIOUSLY overweight and looked like his blood pressure was so high his face was going to pop.

Sad though. Young guy with talent.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'll be pretty surprised if it was anything but a heart attack. The dude was SERIOUSLY overweight and looked like his blood pressure was so high his face was going to pop.

That is the first thing i thought when i seen his recent pics, sort of like how John Candy had looked.

Jeana (DP) said:

I thought the same thing too when I saw the picture of him this morning.

Does anyone remember the movie "The Wild Life"? It was kind of like "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". Anyway, Chris Penn played one of the main characters "Tommy" and was hilarious. Later in life, he looked NOTHING like he did back then (mid 80's), I didn't even know he was the same person who played that character.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back