Article in Raleigh News Observer

Moxie

She Was...An American Girl...
Reaction score
While it is great that Janet's case is now getting more attention, I think it is important to recongize the following:

Neither Raven OR his family had ANYTHING to do with the $5000 award.
Raven has NOT been in contact with LE
Raven can cry a river about Janet's death to a journalist, but he has done
NOTHING to help solve this crime

The good news is that he commented on how what is being posted on the "web sites" bothers him. That is good news - we are getting to him. Of course he portrayed it as it he didn't like it because he thought Janet was being characterized as being weak. HA! Janet was never weak. You don't get to be both an Academic and an Atheletic All American by being weak. Her only weakness was trusting Raven.

Raven Baby. The only person who ever took advantage of Janet or thought her to be weak was YOU.

Who lied to her repeatedly? Who cheated on her repeatedly? Who stole money? Who lied about having a job? Who humiliated her in front of her friends and co-workers?

Who Raven?????

Wait... IT WAS YOU.

Live with that on your conscience, you crybaby.

Never mind. You don't have a conscience.

You don't care.

I posted this in another section, however, I believe it would be more beneficial here.

I must reiterate this here by stating loud and clear - RAVEN YOU DISGUST ME!

"[font=&quot]Raven and Janet Abaroa were private people, and now strangers speculate on the details of their lives and the killing on Web sites, he said. He recognizes that even strangers want to see justice for his wife, but he also worries that people personify Janet as weak, as being helplessly victimized. They should remember her as the strong woman she was, he said."

Oh how wrong the Raven has it. This stranger has No doubt in my mind that Janet was NOT the weak one Old Rave.

Janet was strong, much stronger than you. Must stronger than you will EVER be. See Raven, she had a conscience, she was smart, and caring.

She was very strong to try to make her marriage work, though you tried to destroy it on more than one occasion. Taking you back, for the sake of trying to make a marriage work, and raise a Child is VERY strong.

Me, and many like me DO NOT think of Janet as weak. YOU, however, are VERY WEAK!

How dare you say Janet Marie was not victimized? What do you call being MURDERED in your own home is????

Kaiden was victimized, when his Mother was taken away. Janet Marie Christiansen was victimized by a weak man, who has absolutely NO care, NO conscience.

Janet is watching her Murderer, every single day, and keeping track of what he is doing.

Being Murdered does not make one weak, Janet's strength is here, Seeking Justice Raven.

Can you taste it? Can you Hear it? Can you Feel it?

I bet you will eventually.[/font]

Apologies in advance for the double post - however...

[font=&quot]"He knows who his mom is," he said. "He sees pictures of her and says, 'Ma,' " he added, sobbing.

Cry me a River Raven. Oh the Shades of Sociopathacy, shining brightly through the sobs. Are we sure this guy isn't friends with Scott Peterson? Did he take lessons from Scottie on how to be a Cad and how to Cry on Cue or what.

Rave, how about kicking in some of your part-time bike shop money, hey, even better, why didn't YOU think about setting up a Reward as opposed to spending your free TIME working part-time in a bike shop, playing soccer and bicycle, dating, buying new cell phones, playing online, going through jobs at lightening speed. You disgust me.[/font]

There are many forms of weak, one of which is trying to control another person because you're afraid that if they are free to think their own thoughts and choose their own friends, they might eventually see through your charade and leave you.

Strong is managing to still be a good mother and bring home money to support the family by going to work day after day - even though your husband, the traditional "breadwinner", sits on his butt at home looking up get-rich-quick schemes all day while your baby boy is in daycare! To even have the strength to get up and face each day in that situation takes more strength than many of us have.

Remarkably, Janet's strength kept her from being completely torn down before her untimely death.

terminatrixator said:
[font=&quot]Raven and Janet Abaroa were private people, and now strangers speculate on the details of their lives and the killing on Web sites, he said. He recognizes that even strangers want to see justice for his wife, but he also worries that people personify Janet as weak, as being helplessly victimized. They should remember her as the strong woman she was, he said."[/font]
So, when being questioned by the media about his feelings regarding this new development, he has to talk about what other people are saying? I'd love to know if this was asked of him of if he just somehow found a way to interject this part into the interview. IMO, this is purely damage control on Raven's part. He knew that eventually he was going to have to say SOMETHING, and I'm sensing that he's surprised that after all of this time, this hasn't just gone away. He's starting to feel that accountability. As he does everytime he goes on MySpace with a private account, etc. Sure, you can still lurk around online but the fact that you have to do it in secret shows that you are already beginning to feel the consequences of your actions.

And ... private people? Janet was a private person. Raven, you laid your life out on the Internet every chance you got ... on Ravenstree, MySpace, Classmates, Friendster, AltaHigh-whatever it's called site, the VX boards, etc., etc., etc. You were never private ... it's just a convenient line for you to spew now when trying to minimize the effect that sites like this have had on the truth being discovered.

SOB Raven, your tears mean nothing, they are as fake as your Monster Resume, they are as false as the lies you spew at any chance you get. How do you keep all your lies straight? Do you keep a list of them, because you tell so many, how do you remember who you told one thing too and who you told another thing too?

Sociopath - Raven look it up, you won't understand it, but that is what you are.

Ya know, Raven crys at all the right moments but his eyes are never red or swollen from the tears. I don't think he feels the sadness inside. It is only for the sake of the people around him so that they will feel sorry for him.

Anyone know if the UT press might be able to pick up on this reward story? I would think that anyone out there that donated to the memorial fund, oops I mean the "pay-my-bills" fund, in UT might be interested to see what's been going on in the case.

Very interesting point about Raven raising money for the reward (like he'd get off his freeloading butt and do anything). The memorial fund might have been a good place to help bolster up the reward. But, I'm sure that money has been sunk into better things--trips to homecoming, Moab, and wasn't there talk of him going somewhere else?

Jenifred said:
Anyone know if the UT press might be able to pick up on this reward story? I would think that anyone out there that donated to the memorial fund, oops I mean the "pay-my-bills" fund, in UT might be interested to see what's been going on in the case.

Very interesting point about Raven raising money for the reward (like he'd get off his freeloading butt and do anything). The memorial fund might have been a good place to help bolster up the reward. But, I'm sure that money has been sunk into better things--trips to homecoming, Moab, and wasn't there talk of him going somewhere else?
I was checking to see if a friend of mine from way back when is still working for a news station in Utah. I came across this info for news story tips, which I'll put out there for you all again.

news@fox13.com 801-536-1313
news@abc4.tv 801-975-4401
KUTV news (CBS) news hotline 801-415-2222

I'll keep trying to track down my friend

Jenifred said:
Now that you mention it, why would he even need that memorial fund? Between the Social Security benefits, the subsidized child care, the free health insurance, etc., how much free money does one guy need to get by? Apparently he's not struggling - parents that struggle find themselves working 2 and 3 jobs just to scrape by. Hell, Raven's not even working ONE job full-time! So apparently he's not too bad off.

What a shame - those that contributed that money probably ARE working full-time and could use that money more than Raven. What a shame they can't all get their money back and contribute it to the reward fund.

BirdHunter said:
Ya know, Raven crys at all the right moments but his eyes are never red or swollen from the tears. I don't think he feels the sadness inside. It is only for the sake of the people around him so that they will feel sorry for him.
Yep, and the only reason that he had something to say this time about the reward fund is because he was cornered by a reporter. He probably had some sort of heads-up on the reward and called his lawyer to ask "Tell me - if a reporter calls, how would a human respond to this situation?" and then got himself prepared for any possible calls. How would it look if he refused questions about a reward fund for his wife's murder? He was finally backed into a corner and HAD to say something. Amazing - with the few words he spoke, he still somehow managed to get in comments about what everyone is saying online. What are the chances of that? Well, I guess when you've got nothing else, the best you can do is to try to damage the credibility of those that publicly question your innocence. News flash, Raven - everyone questions your innocence. They just don't have the guts to admit it. Neighbors, co-workers, friends, and yes - even family - not one single person that knows you hasn't questioned your "innocence". Think about that the next time you're in a room full of them.

snapple said:
I was checking to see if a friend of mine from way back when is still working for a news station in Utah. I came across this info for news story tips, which I'll put out there for you all again.

news@fox13.com 801-536-1313
news@abc4.tv 801-975-4401
KUTV news (CBS) news hotline 801-415-2222

I'll keep trying to track down my friend
Good job Snapple!

Let's make sure the Utah press is aware of this story - it is of interest to the people of Utah, for a possible murderer is living in their midst.

Is there a place set up where we can contribute to raise the reward offered? I am sure Janet's family would appreciate any reward attention that we can get for this case.

Jenifred said:

I find it interesting that a national organization, Carrington-Sund, cares enough about Janet, someone they'd never even met, to offer a reward for the arrest and conviction of Janet, yet Raven, (with all his "Memorial Fund" monies, bike trips, vacations, homecoming visits, etc) never even tried to set up a reward fund.

Seems to me Raven thinks he can manipulate people and control them with his lies and machinations. And maybe with some people, he can. But he will be hard pressed to control the press and a nationally recognized and respected organization like Carrington-Sund.

It should be fascinating to see how this new involvement by Carrington-Sund changes things.

RainbowsAndGumdrops said:
Is there a place set up where we can contribute to raise the reward offered? I am sure Janet's family would appreciate any reward attention that we can get for this case.
I looked into that, and understand that donations can be made directly to The Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation in name of Janet Abaroa. Check them out. They are on the Web. They do good work!

Their address is:

Carole Sund/Carrington
301 Downey Avenue
Modesto, California 95354
1-888-813-8389

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads