1146 users online (234 members and 912 guests)  

Websleuths News

That '70s Show's Danny Masterson Accused Of Raping Multiple Women

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/11/17...pe-allegations

** "The number of women who have come forward about sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry increased on Thursday with a report from The Huffington Post. The outlet reports that four women have accused That '70s Showstar Danny Masterson of rape, but the investigation into the case has stalled. According to the Huffington Post, the LAPD first started investigating the claims before turning the case over to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office. Now, the case is reportedly at a standstill, despite the reported wealth of evidence involved. A representative for Masterson told Refinery29 that the LAPD had closed the case."

- - -

https://jezebel.com/danny-masterson-...-ra-1792949369

** "The first victim has also accused the LAPD of mishandling her case, saying the sex crimes detective assigned to her encouraged her to “walk away.” And Remini told Ortega there is a photo of a Scientology-affiliated actor in the LAPD’s offices, which she says sends a negative message to women who might want to report allegations against Masterson: “I met with the LAPD. I met with Detective Reyes, and I told her these victims deserve to be heard,” Remini says. “I pointed out to her that there was a framed picture of a Scientologist on their wall, actor Michael Peña. Do you know what that says to a young Scientologist who comes here to seek justice? My experience with the LAPD has not been good. I asked her to do the right thing by these girls, and I told her that the world is watching.”

- - -

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...474048242a?9o4

A months long investigation into multiple allegations of rape against actor Danny Masterson has inexplicably stalled, despite the Los Angeles County district attorney having compelling evidence in the case, multiple sources told HuffPost. Four women have accused Masterson of raping them in the early 2000s.

REDACTED POLICE REPORT:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3633...ate#from_embed

Last edited by anonypotomous; 11-03-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Read the threatening letter Danny Masterson’s attorney Marty Singer sent a victim’s husband

https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/02/ra...m-a-s-husband/

EXCLUSIVE: DA’s office asked Leah Remini not to air episode about Danny Masterson

https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/03/ex...nny-masterson/

There is a Scientology component to this. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...resurface.html
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King

I’m curious why Netflix fired Kevin Spacey from House of Cards right away with only an allegation from 30 years ago, but this guy is still working on his Netflix show “The Ranch” after FOUR more recent RAPE allegations..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it may be the reach of Scientology and the culture of keeping everything close to the religion's vest. Scientology seems to have a good relationship with the LEO in the LA area as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post
    I’m curious why Netflix fired Kevin Spacey from House of Cards right away with only an allegation from 30 years ago, but this guy is still working on his Netflix show “The Ranch” after FOUR more recent RAPE allegations..

The HOC production company handled the more recent sexual assault and harassment issues against Spacey (one dealt with years ago and, now, the new accusations are probably more liability than Netflix wants to handle. Netflix has a contract with the production company. I am sure they have a contract that allows them to sever ties fairly immediately for any number of reasons. The production company is really on the hook here, more so than Netflix, I would imagine. Unless, of course, Netflix was notified and failed to act. Netflix as a parent company would be crazy to not have built in protections.

I think Spacey was fired for two main reasons. One, his alleged victim was a minor. That escalates the backlash.

Two, Spacey couldn't have handled it any worse. He tweets a weird, almost confession, saying something like 'sorry, don't remember but if I did that, sorry dude' ---very odd way to deal with a horrid accusation.

And then he tries to justify it by saying he is gay.

So Spacey handled the entire thing very poorly.

Masterson's 1st alleged victim, was his girlfriend at the time. So that makes it a confusing 'he said-she said' situation.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    The HOC production company handled the more recent sexual assault and harassment issues against Spacey (one dealt with years ago and, now, the new accusations are probably more liability than Netflix wants to handle.
    I totally get that, but four charges of rape are even more disturbing than an allegation of “sexual misconduct” that was ‘dealt with to the satisfaction of all parties involved’ .. and the new ones came out only after Spacey had been jettisoned. (?)

All assaults are disgusting, and being grossly handsy and pervy is enough reason to fire the guy - but downright RAPE.. I just can’t wrap my head around these FOUR Masterson rape accusations falling on deaf ears.

I totally get that, but four charges of rape are even more disturbing than an allegation of “sexual misconduct” that was ‘dealt with to the satisfaction of all parties involved’ .. and the new ones came out only after Spacey had been jettisoned. (?)

All assaults are disgusting, and being grossly handsy and pervy is enough reason to fire the guy - but downright RAPE.. I just can’t wrap my head around these FOUR Masterson rape accusations falling on deaf ears.

We probably should not discount that Spacey's homosexuality plays a part in the response.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    I think it may be the reach of Scientology and the culture of keeping everything close to the religion's vest. Scientology seems to have a good relationship with the LEO in the LA area as well.
    Seems likely. There are some other very powerful, wealthy people from the movie industry associated with Scientology who are facing similar accusations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ivia-Munn.html

Brett Ratner is a business partner with James Packer in his RatPac company. Packer is a billionaire affiliated with the Church of Scientology. Packer's name has been coming up in some of these sex abuse allegations, too. He's a very wealthy guy accustomed to applying pressure to get what he wants.

ETA: to add link

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/...697937276.html
    Last edited by Betty P; 11-08-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    All statements are my opinion only.

I agree about the rape allegations. But, it is important to remember, from a business perspective these rapes don't touch this company. Do they hurt the Masterson brand? Yes, I think so. But, I am not sure who is producing the new show. Is it Masterson? If so, he has no need to make any changes. The channel where the show airs may want to cut ties but are waiting for the other shoe to drop, in terms of charges. At the end of this, I am not sure why he is so Teflon. I hope he gets his comeuppance in this.

Anything on this or is it just going to be swept under the rug?

Finally!

Danny Masterson Fired From The Ranch By Netflix in Wake of Rape Allegations

After facing increasing pressure to take some form of action, Netflix has fired The Ranch star Danny Masterson, effective immediately. The actor stands accused of raping four women in the early 2000s; the Los Angeles County District Attorney and Los Angeles Police Department continue to investigate the claims.

“As a result of ongoing discussions, Netflix and the producers have written Danny Masterson out of The Ranch,” a Netflix spokesperson tells TVLine. “[Monday] was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him.”