1543 users online (251 members and 1292 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Ahmad King, 3, Bacon County, 24 Jan 2006

Abducted from Jesup WalMart lot

Jan 25, 2006
    By Mariel Williams

Ahmad King, a 3-year-old black male, vanished from the Wal-Mart parking lot Tuesday.

King's mother had left him and another toddler in her car while she went to get a shopping cart less than 40 feet away. When she returned, the boy was gone.

The Jesup Police Department responded quickly to the alarm, and Wal-Mart security led the entire store staff in an immediate search.

"We had 300 people out here looking for him immediately," Wal-Mart manager Warren Wohlgemuth said.

"We searched every car in the parking lot, we searched all the buildings, and cooperated with the police every way we could."

Anyone who sees King or has any information on the case should call 911.

Photo at link:

http://www.thepress-sentinel.com/top...asp?Day=wedtps

Search Is on for Missing Three-Year-Old

Posted: 01/25/06

A long, frustrating night of searching has extended into the morning as police and rescue crews continue looking for a three-year-old boy believed to have been kidnapped from a Coastal Empire parking lot.

It happened late yesterday afternoon at the Wal-Mart in Jesup. Three-year-old Ahmad King was sitting comfortably in the back seat of his mother's car when she pulled into a parking spot and walked about 30 feet away to get a grocery cart. When Mary Jane King got back to the car, Ahmad's two-year-old sister was sitting by herself.

"We don't have any other witnesses," said Special Agent Greg Harvey with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. "We're still trying to talk to the child and interview the child. We're having the child interviewed by some folks at the child advocacy center."

Continued:

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.a...08278&nav=0qq6

It's too bad the 2 year old is too young to give really clear answers. I hate to always say this, but I think they need to consider the possibility that the child was never in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

I agree

Sadly I agree...I hate thinking that way, but with what has been going on especially lately. I hate to think that about a mother who could very well be so distressed about a missing child, but my gut instinct was I don't believe he was even in the car.

The photo at the link given is a girl.

Strach - I wonder if they've removed the photo? When I load the article there isn't a photo, but sometimes my memory won't load photos.

The videotape shows a boy, though, AND a carseat, so he apparently was in a carseat.

The cop in the story said they're long on speculation and short on clues. Hmm.

Still shows Ahmad when I view it. Strange that you saw a girl. Maybe they were doing something at the time you clicked on it.

Hopefully he is found safe.

fourboys

Three yr old Ahmad King dissappears from WalMart

Must have removed photo. Photo in rticle posted in link 1.

What about the security cameras in the parking lot? Surely they'll show whether anyone approached the car.

The video says the cameras were turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    The video says the cameras were turned off.
    Thanks for the info.

Equipment works best when on

Note to store owners:Security cameras work best when they are turned on.

I agree doesn't make any sense not to have sercurity cameras on.
    Especially as big as Wal-Mart is!
    But I agree as well with others I don't think that he was in
    car when they arrived at Wal-Mart.
    So sad really

Doesn't add up.

How can she be only 30 feet away and someone supposedly took him from his carset and presumably hurriedly threw him into another vehicle yet there was no sound from Ahmad or his sister. I would think both of them would be scared if a stranger came up to the car and snatched one of them. They could cover Ahmad's mouth but is it possible the sister didn't cry, wasn't scared or anything? I have a hard time with this one.

Mother Pleads for Missing Boy's Return

Posted: 01/25/06

Three-year-old Ahmad King is still missing. He disappeared more than 24 hours ago from his mother's car in the Jesup Wal-Mart parking lot off US Highway 84 in Wayne County.

At this point, police do not have any specific leads and are still looking at a host of options, from the child simply wandering away to an actual abduction, either of which took place in the seconds his mother was away from the car.

Mary Jane King retraced her steps for us today--a shot distance from her parking spot to the corral where she'd gone to get a buggy--wondering if she could have anything differently. "It's not like I just walked away and left him," she said. "I went right to get a buggy like I normally do."

But in the seconds it took her to do that, she says three-year-old Ahmad disappeared.

King is certain this was a planned abduction. "I don't want to say that it's planned, but it just seems that way, for it to have happened so quick," she told us.

Store security cameras were too far away to see anything.

Continued:

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.a...11491&nav=0qq6

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast