fourboys

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsmissing.com
Abducted from Jesup WalMart lot

Jan 25, 2006
By Mariel Williams

Ahmad King, a 3-year-old black male, vanished from the Wal-Mart parking lot Tuesday.

King's mother had left him and another toddler in her car while she went to get a shopping cart less than 40 feet away. When she returned, the boy was gone.

The Jesup Police Department responded quickly to the alarm, and Wal-Mart security led the entire store staff in an immediate search.

"We had 300 people out here looking for him immediately," Wal-Mart manager Warren Wohlgemuth said.

"We searched every car in the parking lot, we searched all the buildings, and cooperated with the police every way we could."

Anyone who sees King or has any information on the case should call 911.

Photo at link:

http://www.thepress-sentinel.com/topstories.asp?Day=wedtps

Search Is on for Missing Three-Year-Old

Posted: 01/25/06

A long, frustrating night of searching has extended into the morning as police and rescue crews continue looking for a three-year-old boy believed to have been kidnapped from a Coastal Empire parking lot.

It happened late yesterday afternoon at the Wal-Mart in Jesup. Three-year-old Ahmad King was sitting comfortably in the back seat of his mother's car when she pulled into a parking spot and walked about 30 feet away to get a grocery cart. When Mary Jane King got back to the car, Ahmad's two-year-old sister was sitting by herself.

"We don't have any other witnesses," said Special Agent Greg Harvey with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. "We're still trying to talk to the child and interview the child. We're having the child interviewed by some folks at the child advocacy center."

Continued:

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4408278&nav=0qq6

It's too bad the 2 year old is too young to give really clear answers. I hate to always say this, but I think they need to consider the possibility that the child was never in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Sadly I agree...I hate thinking that way, but with what has been going on especially lately. I hate to think that about a mother who could very well be so distressed about a missing child, but my gut instinct was I don't believe he was even in the car.:confused:

Strach - I wonder if they've removed the photo? When I load the article there isn't a photo, but sometimes my memory won't load photos.

The videotape shows a boy, though, AND a carseat, so he apparently was in a carseat.

The cop in the story said they're long on speculation and short on clues. Hmm.

Still shows Ahmad when I view it. Strange that you saw a girl. Maybe they were doing something at the time you clicked on it.

Hopefully he is found safe.

fourboys

wedts.jpg

Three yr old Ahmad King dissappears from WalMart

Must have removed photo. Photo in rticle posted in link 1.

What about the security cameras in the parking lot? Surely they'll show whether anyone approached the car.

Note to store owners:Security cameras work best when they are turned on.

I agree doesn't make any sense not to have sercurity cameras on.
Especially as big as Wal-Mart is!
But I agree as well with others I don't think that he was in
car when they arrived at Wal-Mart.
So sad really

How can she be only 30 feet away and someone supposedly took him from his carset and presumably hurriedly threw him into another vehicle yet there was no sound from Ahmad or his sister. I would think both of them would be scared if a stranger came up to the car and snatched one of them. They could cover Ahmad's mouth but is it possible the sister didn't cry, wasn't scared or anything? I have a hard time with this one.

Mother Pleads for Missing Boy's Return

Posted: 01/25/06

Three-year-old Ahmad King is still missing. He disappeared more than 24 hours ago from his mother's car in the Jesup Wal-Mart parking lot off US Highway 84 in Wayne County.

At this point, police do not have any specific leads and are still looking at a host of options, from the child simply wandering away to an actual abduction, either of which took place in the seconds his mother was away from the car.

Mary Jane King retraced her steps for us today--a shot distance from her parking spot to the corral where she'd gone to get a buggy--wondering if she could have anything differently. "It's not like I just walked away and left him," she said. "I went right to get a buggy like I normally do."

But in the seconds it took her to do that, she says three-year-old Ahmad disappeared.

King is certain this was a planned abduction. "I don't want to say that it's planned, but it just seems that way, for it to have happened so quick," she told us.

Store security cameras were too far away to see anything.

Continued:

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4411491&nav=0qq6

Did anyone see any video of the actual scene that showed where she parked, where the cart corral was, etc.?

I keep thinking about this. Remember that hispanic woman last year or so who had her baby stolen out of her car in a walmart parking lot, while she put her cart in the corral? It was caught on videotape, but the thing is, she saw it as it was happening but she was too far away to stop the car.

So it's not like this story, where she suddenly says her child is gone, the mother in that story saw it but couldn't help.

If this woman is walking around in a total fog (she does have a 2 and 3 year old, she may very well be in a complete fog sometimes) and she shuffles along and takes forever to get the cart, and then messes with her purse and cart at the car and it's several minutes before she actually notices Ahmad is gone, it seems possible.

Prayers he's found safe. Something about her statements this evening sound kind of believable, that she's defending that she didn't leave him that long. It sounds kind of like it rings true.

I don't know.

My first intinct was- something else happened to the child. Either before she got to Wal-Mart, or it was a cover... BUT she wouldn't know that Wal-Mart didn't have their security cameras on... so why wouldn't she have claimed this in another parking lot.
I hope they find him!!

CrimeHater - later articles state the security cameras were on, and functioning, but she had parked beyond the "reach" of the cameras.

Which isn't to say she parked out in the boondocks, she was still within 30 feet of a cart corral.

Search Continues for Missing Wayne County Boy

Posted: 01/28/06

Pictures of Ahmad King cover nearly every door in Jesup. The three-year-old disappeared Tuesday afternoon.

"The word has been out," said resident James Shipman. "So everybody's got the signs out."

Yesterday afternoon, his mother, Mary Jane, retraced her steps where he vanished, outside the Wal-Mart in the parking lot. "I opened the back door, just like I normally do, and I told them to stay in the car and I go get a buggy," she told us.

As nighttime fell, police patrolled the parking lot, hoping a lead would appear as fast as Ahmad disappeared.

It only took Mary Jane a few seconds to walk from one row to another to get a buggy, turning her back for a split second, as almost every parent admits they've done.

"Every parent that I've talked to that has talked about it has said, 'That could have been my child, because I've done that,'" said Jesup resident Jennifer Deal. "I've left them in car and walked around the car, to the other side of the car, or down from the car. It's scary.

She wasn't talking about walking into the building, just away from the car for a moment. "I don't know of any parent that hasn't done that," she added.

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4414338&nav=0qq6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back