Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yahoo Group

Since there was not a Yahoo Group that I saw, I added one today and lets see if anyone can post any information to help. I will also refer them back here if they show up there. Everyone interested is welcome to join. I just hope this brings closure to this case.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jenniferwyant/

That is a good idea, and I hope we hear some news. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beachcares2
    Since there was not a Yahoo Group that I saw, I added one today and lets see if anyone can post any information to help. I will also refer them back here if they show up there. Everyone interested is welcome to join. I just hope this brings closure to this case.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jenniferwyant/

This internet sure make's the world much smaller..I lived in Nashville around that time I think I moved to West Virgina close to 2 month's before this happened. I only lived there less than a year I remember I lived close to Bradley Parkway because I got busted for speeding in a 1969 Chevy Camaro RS on that road, old car ran real good..I saw where this girl was missing a couple year's ago but i not seen nothing new on her case from that time to the present..

Quote Originally Posted by welder 79
    This internet sure make's the world much smaller..I lived in Nashville around that time I think I moved to West Virgina close to 2 month's before this happened. I only lived there less than a year I remember I lived close to Bradley Parkway because I got busted for speeding in a 1969 Chevy Camaro RS on that road, old car ran real good..I saw where this girl was missing a couple year's ago but i not seen nothing new on her case from that time to the present..
    Did you mean Briley Parkway is where you lived close to?

Link has a photo of Jennifer

Jennifer Wyant, 21, Missing since June 28, 1980 from Nashville, TN
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer Wyant
    Missing since June 28, 1980 from Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee.
    Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: December 3, 1958
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3, 125 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long brown hair; brown eyes.
    Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Wyant disappeared from her residence in Tanglewood Apartments in Nashville, TN on June 28, 1980. She was never seen or heard from again.
    Her car was found in the apartment complex parking lot. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
    If you have any information on this case, please contact:
    Metro Nashville Police Department Detective Clinton Vogel 615-862-7557;
    615-862-7546;
    OR
    615-74-CRIME
    E-Mail:
    missing_persons@police.nashville.org
    All tips can submitted anonymously.

NCIC Number: M-096096672
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency in regards to this case.

Source Information:
    Metro Nashville Police Department
    The Doe Network: Case File 26DFTN

LINK:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/26dftn.html

Jennifer

Thanks for keeping this thread alive Richard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mullins For This Useful Post:

Anything more on Jennifer?

I still like to check in and see if there is anything new. I have asked everyone I know from back then and nobody seems to know anything new. I know her family is hurt but I would like to know if they are still trying to find her and if they have tried America's most wanted or anything like that. A reinactment could make someone remember something that may not have seemed important.

I was thinking back of a girl that I worked with, she was Jennifer's age and hung around around that crowd. Well, one day she came to work and had been beat up....I now wonder if that guy beat Rosie up, what did he do to other girls? I tried to find Rosie but so far no luck. I want to know the name of that guy. It was either Mike or Keith.

ITs probably nothing, but as we said, any little thing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beachcares2 For This Useful Post:

Could this be linked to Jennifer

They mentioned this man with the murder of a girl in 1975 in Nashville Tn, and I wonder where he was when Jennifer went missing? The rumor back then at the party was she came in with 2 black men, so I wonder if any of the witness's that saw her that night, could identify this man? I did ask Jennifer's sister if that was true, who she left with and she said she did not ever hear that, but again, I talked to people back then, that were at that party, and that is what they said, so I have to go with what they said. My aunt lived across the street from Jennifer's parents and I asked her again and she thought that is what she heard back then, but its been alot of years.

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/m...her/129582.htm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beachcares2 For This Useful Post:

After I posted that thread regarding the man they just arested, I found out he had been put away, prior to Jennifer missing so I think this was another dead end.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beachcares2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for keeping in touch with the thread. Any new thoughts?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mullins For This Useful Post:

I was just checking in to see if anything new. We have not heard anything. I just wish there could be closure, but most families are still looking and I never hear of her family asking questions. I would be all over this internet, so it makes me wonder if they know something? If they are reading, i'm not trying to talk behind your back....I did call, and her sister was not very helpful and did not ask for any help so they have to remember, we may not be family, but we want closure on this as well...Thank you and anyone with information, no matter how little, please let us know. I was going to see if anything on Facebook but there are so many with this name...Maybe there is missing in Tennessee!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beachcares2 For This Useful Post:

Jennifer Wyant

I have been waiting for 31 years for any info on this case. I worked with Jennifer and we were called the day her drivers license was found. Have never heard anything else. Looking back on it, the whole case was a travesty. If there is more info, I don't know it. There was a private investigator on the case that was using her car. He was later murdered. Always wondered if there was a connection.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mallen For This Useful Post:

I just wanted to clear up a few things (hopefully). I was at the party that Jennifer went to the night before she disappeared. She wasn't there with two black men as someone earlier suggested. She came by herself and left by herself if I remember correctly. It was a party to celebrate the Budweiser Softball league of the apartment association for apartments in the area of which hers and my apartments at the time were associated with.

Nobody ever saw her after the party. Her car was found in front of her apartment with her purse and keys still in it. At least that is what the police told us at the time. They questioned a lot of people including my sister who was head of the softball league. After all these years, my memory is fuzzy. The clearest memory I have of the entire incident is seeing her in the bathroom at the party for just a few minutes and saying hi to her image in the mirror. That image will haunt me forever.

I had known Jennifer since the 5th grade but at the time of her disappearance was only an acquaintance. She was a beautiful and lovely young woman and even though I'd like to think that for some unknown reason she just took off with someone and started a new life, I believe she was probably killed that night. I don't think there was enough evidence for a Cold case investigation even though I wish they would do one. But without a body, what could they possibly do?

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Crabitha For This Useful Post:

Thanks for your insight. It may not look like a lot but there should have been plenty to look into, which I hope LE did. Was anything amiss in her apartment? Did it look like she made it back at all, was anything sitting out that would indicate interruption (ie cup of coffee, water being boiled). What about the car, was the seat in the correct position for her height? Where was the drivers license found, and if it was in a strange place was there a search done in that area? Scent dogs used at all? Just some thoughts for a cold case unit to investigate if one were ever formed.

Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!

October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Claudette For This Useful Post:

Her license were found in the winter, February, of the following year. Her purse was all that was missing I was told. Her bed had not been slept in. I remember a long fingernail on the coffee table. Went to her apartment a few days after she disappeared. My boss called to check on her not being at work on Monday and her family didn't seem to know that she was gone. Private investigator drove her Trans AM during the investigation. Very strange. He was the step father of a guy she was dating some.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mallen For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast