Mother prays for God to take away daughter's cancer and give it to her.

Well I don't know waht to say. I guess the good thing is this mother died feeling purposeful in her daughters life. That is good. However I don't believe that cancer can be "transferred" from one person to another. I wish this family all the best.

Most parents who have a child with a chronic or terminal illness will tell you, they would rather do the suffering themselves than to watch their child suffer through it.
Scientifically, it isn't possible for that to happen. Yet, many things happen that are beyond the capabilities of science to understand.
Was this a God given miracle, to allow the mother to take on the suffering for her child and free the child of the cancer, merely a coincidence, or part of a divine plan? Perhaps we aren't supposed to know.
I also pray that this child remains cancer free. And that she always remember how much her mother loved her. So much that she was willing to take on her dau.'s pain.
Additionally, I pray that her mother is now free of pain and suffering, and is able to rejoice in her dau's health and well being.

heart-breaking, but a true definition of a mother's love! i pray this little girl stays cancer-free and lives a long purposeful life.

OmGosh...I can't believe, though, that God would give the mom cancer, too, in exchange for her daughter's health. I pray God has totally healed little Kayla, it would be too much for her husband and little boy to lose their daughter and sister, too.

mysteriew said:
Most parents who have a child with a chronic or terminal illness will tell you, they would rather do the suffering themselves than to watch their child suffer through it.

I totally agree, and most parents I know would indeed want to switch places with a chronic or terminal illness than have their child suffer.

Not to the level of cancer (but I would if it were the case, not a doubt)...but my daughter was diagnosed with Type I diabetes when she was 5; one of the very first thoughts I had - I'm talking almost immediate - was, "oh, if only it could be me and not her." But, it doesn't work that way. This past summer, same daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (another auto-immune disorder). And guess what? Same thought from me, "if only it could be me and spare her." Geez, she's 16 years old now and all this...two conditions that affect her diet. Granted, there are worse things.

Bless this family in the article. I think all parents can understand that mother's love for her daughter....

This is so sad, what a tradgedy. I am glad the little girl is cancer free, but now she has no mommy.:( I also dont believe that God will transfer a cancer to someone else, even though i know alot of people who have prayed that way.

I believe that God will answer these type of prayers, but would also wonder if something genetic or in the environment could have caused cancer in the first place.

This is very sad. I hope the daughter lives a nice, long healthy life and her cancer does not come back. If I were in the mother's shoes I would have felt the same way (I would rather be sick then see my children sick).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back