1038 users online (196 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AR - Haley Guffey, 12, White County, 2001

I will post more later, please read, it's compelling:

http://www.kthv.com/search/results.aspx?storyid=23195

JUJ

The link is no good. Please update. Thanks.

making that link work

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    The link is no good. Please update. Thanks.
    At first the link didn't work for me either but after I went to the main website at
    http://www.kthv.com

and I used the lower of the two search functions to search for the name Haley Guffey it brought up a list and on that list was the article in question, titled "White County Father Searches For Missing Daughter" and that is article 23195.

After I did that the direct link to the story from here at websleuths worked just fine. Maybe we needed to have a cookie from the website to access it?

Thank You!!!

It did!!
    From the article:

Gordon Guffy broke down in tears as he spoke about his missing daughter. Guffy says all he cares about is the safety of his only child.

Guffy is a desperate father. He says the last time he saw his 12-year-old daughter Haley is when he dropped her off at his ex-wife's house last fall.

Guffy says, “Where is she at I don't know, that's my concern because I haven't seen my daughter since September 4th.”

Guffy says he's been putting up posters of Haley and ex-wife Phyllis Harless ever since they disappeared. Right now, Phyllis is married to a man named Doug Harless, and Guffy says that is where his concern comes in.

“Some friends started helping us, one of them discovered that Doug, my daughters stepdad had been on 'America's Most Wanted'," says Guffy.

If you have any information about this case please call the White County Sheriff's Department at 501-268-3543

Amw link

AMW (America's Most Wanted) story link:
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=25422

AR-Haley Guffey, 12, White County, 2001

White County Father Searches For Missing Daughter
    http://www.kthv.com/search/results.aspx?storyid=23195

At first the link didn't work for me either but after I went to the main website at
    http://www.kthv.com

and I used the lower of the two search functions to search for the name Haley Guffey it brought up a list and on that list was the article in question, titled "White County Father Searches For Missing Daughter" and that is article 23195.

After I did that the direct link to the story from here at websleuths worked just fine. Maybe we needed to have a cookie from the website to access it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    It did!!

From the article:

Gordon Guffy broke down in tears as he spoke about his missing daughter. Guffy says all he cares about is the safety of his only child.

Guffy is a desperate father. He says the last time he saw his 12-year-old daughter Haley is when he dropped her off at his ex-wife's house last fall.

Guffy says, “Where is she at I don't know, that's my concern because I haven't seen my daughter since September 4th.

Guffy says he's been putting up posters of Haley and ex-wife Phyllis Harless ever since they disappeared. Right now, Phyllis is married to a man named Doug Harless, and Guffy says that is where his concern comes in.

Some friends started helping us, one of them discovered that Doug, my daughters stepdad had been on 'America's Most Wanted'," says Guffy.

If you have any information about this case please call the White County Sheriff's Department at 501-268-3543
    AMW (America's Most Wanted) story link:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=25422

I am a bit confused. The AMW story mentions a woman "Kathy" Harless but the KTHV story mentions "Phyllis" Harless. So I suppose he divorced Kathie and took up with & married "Phyllis"? And then she & her child become missing and he denies all knowledge? Sounds like the man is the common factor in both these cases and is probably the prime mover behind them.

12-year-old missing from White County

The White County Sheriff's Department is investigating the disappearance of a 12-year-old girl whose mother did not show up in court for a custody hearing and which has ties to a nationally publicized 2001 murder case, Capt. John Slater of the sheriff’s criminal investigations division said.

“The 12-year-old, Haley Guffy, was the matter of a custody battle between Phyllis Harless and her ex-husband, Gordan Guffy,” Slater said. “She was last seen with her mother Phyllis Harless and stepfather Doug Harless on September 4, 2005. The mother was supposed to appear in White County Chancery Court on September 4, 2005 and never appeared.”

On Dec. 20, a pick-up order was signed by Chancery Judge Craig Hannah to have Phyllis Harless arrested and delivered to his court, as well as to deliver the child if found, Slater said.

On Jan. 18, an “ex-parte order of protection” was issued against Harless, granting custody to Gordan Guffy, the girl’s father, he said.

“Numerous attempts to locate the child has turned up no evidence,” Slater said. “Their residence in Beebe has been abandoned with furnishings still inside. The Beebe humane society seized the Harlesses’ dogs on January 9 due to (them) not being fed.

“A court order was obtained for cell phone records, and findings appear they are possibly in the Tennessee or Texas area.”

Continued:

http://www.guardonline.com/?module=d...52&format=html

Lets hope this father gets Haley back, and soon. Poor girl. I wonder if she is scared to call. Being 12 she is plenty capable. At least if they have proof that she has been with the step dad in the last couple of weeks we know she is still alive.

Harless' first wife was Kathie, his second wife was Phyllis, the mother of the missing child. And, from the looks of that article, Phyllis is alive, which hopefully means maybe Haley is alive.

Thank you for adjusting the link, I was (am...ALWAYS!) at work and didn't get to post as much as I would have liked. This is a big story in this area, and the ties to the Harless man just creep me out beyond words. More as it develops--again thanks for fixing my linky!

JUJ

Officials Search for White County Girl, Missing Since September

Posted: January 26, 2006

Searcy - Authorities in White County believe they are close to finding a 12-year-old girl who has been missing for nearly 5-months. Haley Guffy was last seen September 4 -- the same day the girl's mother was to appear in court for a custody hearing.

The sheriff's department has narrowed their search to Tennessee and Texas, and investigators believe the case is much more than a custody battle.

(Gordan "Buster" Guffy, girl’s father) "All I want is my daughter. I want her back."

Gordan Guffy hasn't seen his daughter Haley in five months. Guffy had been fighting for custody of the 12-year-old since he found out her step-father, 53-year-old Doug Harless, has a criminal history.

(Capt. John Slater, White Co. Sheriff’s Dept.) "There's an indication of child abuse in the past. Several interferences with custody issues."

One of Harless' children, a baby boy, was murdered in 2001. The infant's body was found in this outhouse near a Kentucky flea market not long after birth.

However, authorities say Harless and his then-wife fled the state not long after the baby's death. Now, five years later, officials say Harless has apparently fled again, taking another man's daughter with him on the run.

(Gordan Guffy)"She's not going to be a little girl much longer...that time I have is precious and I'm doing nothing but losing it."

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Haley Guffy, call the White County Sheriff's Department at 501-279-6231.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0106/297622.html

That picture of the guy...Harless...that the mother is now married to is really creepy. He is one scary looking guy.

I sure hope that Haley is found soon and given back to her dad...bless his heart.

I am very worried for this little girl .If this POS did murder his baby (not verified) then he is capable of anything .

bumping for haley....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast