Identified! FL - Belle Glade, BlkMale 732UMFL, 20-40, in canal, beaded necklace, Nov'04 - Clarence Henry Briggs

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/732umfl.htmlhttp://www.doenetwork.org/cases/732umfl.html

Unidentified Black Male

* The victim was discovered on November 20, 2004 in Western Palm Beach County, Florida
* Estimated Date of Death: 2 - 5 days prior to discovery.
* Cause of Death: Homicide by blunt trauma.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20 - 40 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: Over 6'0"; 178 lbs
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Very short, dark brown to black, coarse hair; brown eyes. Thin moustache and short beard. 3.5 cm vertical, linear scar on ventral right index finger and a 3.0 cm vertical linear scar on mid forehead. No tattoos. (left forearm absent )
* Clothing: Old Navy brand blue jeans (size 36/34), a black belt, dark boxer shorts and 1 black Nike sock. He was also wearing a black and white beaded necklace.

Case History
The victim was located in L canal in the area of 20 Mile Bend, 4 miles west of SR 880, Belle Glade, Florida on November 20, 2004.

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1014dmtx.html[/size][/font]
732UMFL.jpg
OAnderson.jpg

John Doe on left, Oliver (circa 1993) on right

Oliver Anderson
Missing since May 6, 1993 from San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: July 21, 1954
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 38 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'1"; 190 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes.
* Marks, Scars: Anderson has scars on his left and right forearms and scars on his left and right wrists.
* Clothing: He was wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans, black hiking boots and a black ball cap with "Texas" on it.
* Other: He has suicidal tendencies.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Anderson was last seen on May 6, 1993 in San Antonio, Texas. He is a disabled adult.

Possible Match Comparison:

1, I think the photos look very much alike, BUT, if this is Oliver he would have been 11 years older (48) than when he disappeared - would he still look "the same"?
2. Both Men are black, and both are listed as having black hair and brown eyes. Are between 6 feet and 6'1" and weigh about the same.
3. John Doe is listed as having a thin moustache and short beard (not sketched). Oliver is photographed with a moustache.
4. John Doe is estimated to be between 30-40, Oliver would have been 48. This is a DISCREPANCY.
5. John Doe was missing his left forearm when found. There is mention of a scar on his right finger and forehead. Oliver is listed as having scars on both arms and wrists. There is no mention of a scar on his forehead. INCONCLUSIVE.
6. Neither man had tattoos.... John Doe may have had one on his missing forearm.
7. John Doe was found in Florida, Oliver went missing from Texas.
8. Oliver was reported missing in 1993 (not dead). John Doe died in 2004. That is 11 years later.

****Given the information about the scars on Oliver's wrists, the "suicidal tendencies", he was a disabled adult (but no mention of a physical disability), and because he's listed as "endangered missing" I think its possible (but unconfirmed) that Oliver was a "wanderer" and ended up in Florida.

Could he have lasted for 11 years as a missing person before passing away?

The only other missing person's site I could find was the official Texas site
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M7/23/200311:27:23AM'

I decided to submit this to the coroners office as they have email at their referenced site.

I realise its a long shot, but they have more information, and can decide if its worth pursueing.

It seems a very possible match indeed. Good work! I have noticed you seem to have an unlimited space in your heart and brain to help people. :clap:
[PonderingThings]I decided to submit this to the coroners office as they have email at their referenced site.

I realise its a long shot, but they have more information, and can decide if its worth pursueing.

Thanks T'sNana. All I'm doing is trying to use my internet skills to help people find people. Only possibilities....

I have received a very nice email from the Supervisor of Investigations for the Medical Examiner. He has passed the information on to an Investigator as he agrees it might be a long shot "but it doesn't hurt to have a look".

blowkises.gif
to him and his team.

the original link for Oliver Anderson is no good, but here is his current Namus profile:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8442/2/

here is the Namus link for this UID:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1028

no one is listed as a rule-out at Namus so there is no way to know what, if anything, was done with the submission of Oliver's name.

for whatever it is worth, the UID (as shown at Doe Network) looks Haitian to me which would not be surprising as he was found in Belle Glade, which is a big sugar growing area with a significant Haitian population.

The older doenetwork links with .us need to be changed to .org

I added the current doenet link in the post preceeding yours.

hth

In light of the case in Philadelphia recently, this needs to be looked into again. A disabled man missing from TX who possibly turned up eleven years later in West Palm Beach, FL? The accused in Philadelphia were allegedly known to target the disabled, known to hold them captive for extended periods of time, and known to be in West Palm Beach.

:eek::eek::eek:

:furious:

In light of the case in Philadelphia recently, this needs to be looked into again. A disabled man missing from TX who possibly turned up eleven years later in West Palm Beach, FL? The accused in Philadelphia were allegedly known to target the disabled, known to hold them captive for extended periods of time, and known to be in West Palm Beach.

:eek::eek::eek:

:furious:

Wait, what case are you referring to? I never heard about this.

The NamUs page for this UID gives a permission error.

His Doe Network page is still up, but I can't his case on the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, which is listed as information source on Doe Network.

The NamUs page for this UID gives a permission error.

His Doe Network page is still up, but I can't his case on the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, which is listed as information source on Doe Network.

Namus page still gives permission error, Doenetwork page is still up.

Would somebody who lives in the Palm Beach County area be willing to call the sheriff's office and ask whether he's been identified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back