"Moby Sick" Fortune

Buzz Mills

Reaction score
Website
forumsforjustice.com
"Moby sick" find lands fragrant fortune

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - An Australian couple could reap a fragrant fortune after what they thought was an odd-looking tree stump turned out to be a rare lump of ambergris, a whale excretion used in perfumes and known as "floating gold."

Loralee and Leon Wright were walking along a remote beach near Streaky Bay in western South Australia state on a fishing trip three weeks ago when they saw the strange object.

Intrigued, they took a closer look and Leon Wright, thinking it could have been some kind of cyst from a large marine animal, suggested they take the 32 pound lump home.

"She said 'You're not putting that thing in my car'," the Australian Broadcasting Corp. quoted marine ecologist Ken Jury as saying on its Web site

http://tinyurl.com/98p5c

"The Egyptians used it. Certainly the Chinese did and they not only used it in perfumes, but they used to eat it and they used to give it as gifts," Jury said. ][/b]

"Here, Honey, I saw this and thought of you." :sick:

That must have been here since Moby Dick was a minnow. :p

Marine Mom said:
"Here, Honey, I saw this and thought of you." :sick:

That must have been here since Moby Dick was a minnow. :p

I've heard of other instances where piles of ambergris were found (once allegedly on the end of a long dock), and remember that it was worth more than gold. What a find. $20-$65 a gram

32 X 16 X 28.7 X $20 =

32 X 16 X 28.7 X $65 =

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong