1345 users online (212 members and 1133 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
    Happens to me a lot. Hence I try not to do very long posts.

Rsbm
    (I will periodically do a "select all" and "copy" just in case...)

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Just an FYI Hatfield is a he, but there IS a Mrs. Hatfield!
    ( He iiiiiisssss???? All these years I thought I was talking to a she!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    If there is more than just his DNA there, what would they charge him with? I'm just saying (thinking) they would need more corroborating evidence to charge him with the murders.
    That's exactly what I have been saying all along with my posts and why I don't believe DN is BG. I don't think there is ANYTHING there tying him to the murders. DNA, depending on where it was, would at least be a start, and enough to hold him on. They found a dead body buried in my kids' godfather's yard and they brought him in on murder charges. The only "evidence" was that the body was found on his farm. (He was later cleared and the charges dropped.) People have been brought in on murder charges for much less than DNA found on a victim. Other charges, depending on where the DNA was found, could be sexual assault. I am not even going to speculate further, as I do not think DN is involved.
    Find Brooke
    * Disappeared from a friend's house in Berea, Kentucky in June, 2013
    * Last text to a friend stated "I'm scared"
    * No other clues have been uncovered
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ea-22-Jun-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy6 View Post
    Someone help me out with this. I initially thought the similarity between the 2 cases was the sketch of BG and DN characteristics. But now I see that El Paso county Sheriff believes and states that there are MANY similarities. This implies to me that the Sheriff has inside knowledge of the Delphi case. "El Paso County Sheriff spokesman Jacque Kirby reportedly told Denver’s KCNC-TV that there are many similarities between the cases they are investigating and the deaths of the two Indiana teens. However, she declined to release additional information." https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b06791bb0f6e90. Besides the obvious like the murder took place on a trail what could possibly be these MANY similarities? I can only assume that there were details at Tim Watkins crime scene that somehow could possibly link to Libby and Abby? I can't forget the word "MANY" similarities. What could those be?
    Hatchet cuts or a certain mark or symbol left on a body with a hatchet?

Quote Originally Posted by newredtabby View Post
    Yes, and yes. The striking surface WOULD CHANGE if sharpened with a grinder. Both shape and size would be altered, and most importantly, the angle of the cutting surface would be changed. The shape and size of the rest of the tool is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes and NO. Obviously the surface is altered with grinding. You are missing my point. There are many factors which go into tool mark analysis. It seems Steleheart had similar thoughts and was able to explain it much more clearly:

Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    I lost my post trying to respond.

N E Way... Yes, IMO sharpening and grinding would change any obvious "tool marks" in the blade, however the overall dimensions of the hatchet would stay the same. For forensics, AFAIK, tool marks are more visible in bone than in soft tissue.
    The size of a cut in soft tissue might still hold some forensic value. Different hatchets have different dimensions.
    The length of the cut, the width of the cut and the angle of the blade should all be consistent I would think.
    I found a picture of the parts of a hatchet and I think the dimensions of those parts would be helpful in identifying or matching it.

Last edited by margarita25; 11-15-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel...urders-photos/

I have looked at a lot of boats. Corwin is one brand that has that square style in back but not quite a match.

The reason it has importance is that the main route from towns just west of Indianapolis (Marinsville, Zionsville, Greenwood) to the Tippecanoe area is through Delphi.
    (Marking, seems like it could be possibly important...)

Quote Originally Posted by ocgrad View Post
    First I admit I do not have all the skills to work with photos that some talented folks on here do, but with my limited ability I have matched the photos up and I believe the earliest one the FBI stopped using quickly and even the next one also in the shadows were distorted so they are somewhat squashed for lack of a better word, making him look heavier and thicker. And I think that makes him look older. Due to the work they did trying to take it from video and enhance.
    Interesting...

Libby’s grandmother, Becky Patty, penned a heartfelt message on Facebook Monday to mark nine months since the girls went missing.

“Nine months ago you had just eaten pancakes and was out there helping me in the office. I am so sorry I ever said yes to let you go to the trails that day. I let you down. That is something I will carry forever. I am so sorry Kelsi is going through this, it kills me seeing her in pain.”

Continued

“We are learning to live with the quiet – sometimes it is deafening. The holidays are coming up – I just wanted to skip them but was outvoted.”

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...fter-her-death

I’m so sorry Liberty’s Grandmother blames herself, she had no idea that evil monster was going to be there that awful day. My heart breaks for the girl’s families as they face Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year without them.

Thank you to all of you who are here each day patiently waiting for justice.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold

IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

deleted bc duplicate
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Libby’s grandmother, Becky Patty, penned a heartfelt message on Facebook Monday to mark nine months since the girls went missing.

“Nine months ago you had just eaten pancakes and was out there helping me in the office. I am so sorry I ever said yes to let you go to the trails that day. I let you down. That is something I will carry forever. I am so sorry Kelsi is going through this, it kills me seeing her in pain.”

Continued

“We are learning to live with the quiet – sometimes it is deafening. The holidays are coming up – I just wanted to skip them but was outvoted.”

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...fter-her-death

I’m so sorry Liberty’s Grandmother blames herself, she had no idea that evil monster was going to be there that awful day. My heart breaks for the girl’s families as they face Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year without them.

Thank you to all of you who are here each day patiently waiting for justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bus_face View Post
    Welcome back, I've been absent from here for a good while myself, but this is such a unique and tragic case. I want to apologize for being caustic and irritated with some posters back in the fall. I now realize how broad the audience this case has. If you keep scrolling i won't blame you but,

-It isn't DN, or they would have moved in by now, it sucks. I'm sorry but a lot of ppl seem to be in RL mode all over again.
    -I'm glad ppl -at least recently in this forum - are focused on the jacket, it looks like its two sizes too big for the guy, the way the sleeves fit especially. And very sheer like barely a decent windbreaker.
    -Personally I have less faith in the sketch as time goes by
    -I find it odd there hasn't been much mention of a vehicle from LE. The guy did not turn into a ghost or bird and leave apparently completely clean.
    - The connections to the Iowa case are really uncanny and frightening.
    -Someone knows, someone definitely knows, and the reward $ hasn't gotten them over the top. I wonder what will eventually do it.

-the youtube videos regarding this case have been generally very informative and you can tell how much the locals are ticked off this happened in their area and how bad they want this freak caught.

If you're stuck on RL or DN, I look forward to you telling me how wrong I was if either of them turn out to be involved, because that will be great news. Until then, that seems to be a complete tail-chasing and time could be better spent tightening up the timeline and finding the video of this guy at the gas station or wherever he was earlier on that day.
    Thank you Bus_face I had been on the fence about DN for awhile. At first, for me, I had such high hopes DN was BG. But as the weeks started passing, without IN LE being able to make a connection to DN & BG by way of witnesses, I realized that DN IMHO is not BG.
    While I do appreciate the fact that this WS thread really came alive after news of DN, I feel as if we are running in circles again, sadly.
    I will keep reading the posts everyday & stay as quiet as I can until IN LE either catches BG or releases more info to the public (I doubt the latter will happen).
    Waiting for justice for these amazing girls AJMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just thinking about how many times we've seen here (many times) where an arrest is made years and years and years later, and often it is one who was originally considered a POI.

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    I keep wondering why she took the picture of BG. Were they planning on reporting him to someone? If so, what for?
    Perhaps BG wasn't as unidentifiable as he'd hoped to be, and the girls noticed there was something oddly familiar about him. Perhaps they recorded him in hopes of later verifying their suspicions that he wasn't unknown to them.
    Last edited by Jerrod; 11-15-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlites View Post
    That's exactly what I have been saying all along with my posts and why I don't believe DN is BG. I don't think there is ANYTHING there tying him to the murders. DNA, depending on where it was, would at least be a start, and enough to hold him on. They found a dead body buried in my kids' godfather's yard and they brought him in on murder charges. The only "evidence" was that the body was found on his farm. (He was later cleared and the charges dropped.) People have been brought in on murder charges for much less than DNA found on a victim. Other charges, depending on where the DNA was found, could be sexual assault. I am not even going to speculate further, as I do not think DN is involved.
    Bit like RL then ? Did they find the murderer in your kid's godfather's case?

Does anyone have the original file photo of the boat pic?

I guess the next news re DN will be 29th for the Co charges.

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast