CA CA - Sun Valley - White Male 23-45, Bones in Barrel, La Tuna Canyon Rd & Foothill Fwy, Nov 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
LAPD investigating after possible human remains found inside barrel in Sun Valley

SUN VALLEY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) --

The Los Angeles Police Department's Foothill Division is conducting a death investigation after a drum containing possible human remains was found in Sun Valley.

Police said the crime scene is located at La Tuna Canyon Road and Foothill Freeway.

The circumstances surrounding the death appear to be suspicious, according to police.

The drum was located Sunday off an embankment just south of the 210 Freeway, police said.
http://abc7.com/lapd-investigating-...emains-found-in-barrel-in-sun-valley/2610040/

the link says human now.

William cierzan? Monique Figueroa ? (although I think shes in the desert north in antelope valley)

I tried searching for missing but there are too many in that area to even know where to start without knowing how old the remains are or anything else. Hope we get more info or LE can identify this person quickly.

both of my suggestions would def be bones by now and its literally just the other side of the hill. but LA county has soooooo many.....

I tried searching for missing but there are too many in that area to even know where to start without knowing how old the remains are or anything else. Hope we get more info or LE can identify this person quickly.

I am thinking that this might be William...:cry:

Have there been any updates on remains found in drum in Sun Valley reported 11-6-17?

Bones in a barrel makes me think it might be a Terry Rasmussen victim. Any chance he was out in this part of CA?

Im guessing the remains are human but has anything more been posted in the media? I haven't seen anything?

NamUs UP # 17212
Case number 2017-08107

Date found November 05, 2017

Minimum age: 28 years
Maximum age: 45 years
Race: White
Sex: Unsure
Height (inches): 70, Estimated

Location: I-210 Freeway west of La Tuna Canyon, Sun Valley, Los Angeles
Zip code: 91352

Circumstances

On 11/05/2017 a transient was walking along a hillside when he found a barrel. The barrel appeared to have been burned, as there was a massive fire that engulfed the immediate area on 09/01/2017. The transient opened the lid to the barrel and saw what appeared to be bones and called 911. The Los Angeles Police Department responded to the scene. The barrel was recovered from the hillside and transported to the coroner.

Fingerprints Status: not available
Dental Status: available and entered
DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/17212

November 13, 2017

Another body was found dumped on La Tuna Canyon Rd Sunday evening. An un-named source stated the body was found stuffed into a 50-gallon drum and rolled down the embankment. It had been there for a while as the barrel showed burn marks from the La Tuna Canyon Fire in September.

While trying to move the burnt up barrel, it was determined that it might break open. A plastic containment device was lowered and the body was brought up to the roadway. The LAPD has declared a “Security Hold” on the case, just like they did with the homicide of Ed Lee McMahon a few years ago. When the information was finally revealed last year, it was found that an LAPD confidential informant had shot him.

http://thefoothillspaper.com/2017/11/13/body-in-a-barrel-found-off-freeway/

Unidentified Person Case

Unidentified White Male NamUs #UP17212
Found November 5, 2017 in Sun Valley, Los Angeles County

Vital Statistics
Estimated Age:
23 to 45 years
Estimated Year of Death: 1958 - 2008
Estimated Height: 5'10
Estimated Weight: Unknown

Case Details
On 11/05/2017 a transient was walking along a hillside when he found a barrel. The barrel appeared to have been burned, as there was a massive fire that engulfed the immediate area on 09/01/2017. The transient opened the lid to the barrel and saw what appeared to be bones and called 911. The Los Angeles Police Department responded to the scene. The barrel was recovered from the hillside and transported to the coroner.

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
That sketch shows what looks to be a pretty significant under-bite, although it's not listed on his specs. I would assume if the sketch artist decided to create a very distinctive mouth, that might be a unique area of interest?

During my initial search I came across this dude and something about his mouth gave me pause, however I'm not able to find a photo of visible teeth...

David Anthony Boykin
Missing Person Case

Also, the UID's profile says death was between 1958 -2008 (that's quite the range) and this guy went missing just a few months before the remains were found. Weirdly, his last date of contact was the exact same day the fire scorched the barrel and area. Could the estimated death date be wrong on the UID?

Attachments

• Original (1).jpg
    Original (1).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12
Ronald Levin's page in the California DoJ website: Ronald George Levin

Decedent's updated Namus Link: Unidentified Person Case

Link to decedent's sketch: https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/UnidentifiedPersons/Cases/17212/Images/49188/Thumbnail

Just adding sketch here

Original

Interesting postmortem interval added in Namus -
Estimated Year of Death: 1958-2008
Sex of remains updated from unknown to male.

Also his lower estimated age has been changed from 28 to now being 23.
Estimated Age between 23 - 45.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back