762 users online (104 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
    Quote Originally Posted by vmmking View Post
    Wrong thread, I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

boy ain't that the pitts when there are so many mass shootings I got the wrong one........

Oversight Groups Have Repeatedly Identified Flaws In Military Crime Reporting

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rime-reporting

The U.S. military has broad, longstanding problems sharing criminal records with the FBI. The Department of Defense is required to share data with the FBI under federal law, but, as the Kelley case lays bare, the fact that it's mandatory doesn't mean it actually happens.
    Under federal law, it's illegal for anyone convicted of a crime punishable by more than a year in prison to buy or possess a gun. The same is true for anyone who is convicted of a domestic violence offense or who falls in several other disqualifying categories.
    These problems are very old. As The Associated Press has reported, two decades ago, the inspector general found that the Army and Navy failed to submit fingerprints to the FBI in more than 80 percent of cases. In the Navy, the outcome of criminal cases went unreported to the bureau 94 percent of the time.
    The Department of Defense and the FBI both tell NPR that they cannot share the total number of military criminal records currently uploaded to the FBI's III database. The FBI says the data is "not readily available." The Department of Defense says there's no centralized record because each military law enforcement agency, of which there are many, handles those reports individually.
    Efforts are already underway to strengthen the reporting system. Records submitted to Congress show that the Department of Defense, along with other federal agencies, has already written an "implementation plan" to improve its criminal reporting.
    And more recently, a bipartisan group of senators has introduced a bill designed to strengthen the background check process. Among other things, the measure would penalize federal agencies that fail to report records.
    What is the point of gun laws when government entities don't follow them...................maybe, just maybe, gun laws would work if they were actually fully implemented and followed to the letter of the law by EVERYONE, NOT just by the law abiding gun owners. The IRS does a better job nailing us for taxes, maybe THEY should be in charge of gun enforcement.........

...........end rant, I am soooooooooo

JMO, OMO, MOO, etc., etc........

My heart hearts, so sad, prayers to all affected.

Where next?
    Who killed Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledCactys View Post
    My heart hearts, so sad, prayers to all affected.

Where next?
    I don't know but I worry it'll be in the first week of December.
    Hopefully they don't start happening monthly....

Quote Originally Posted by vmmking View Post
    Yup. I pointed that out in my first post about it. But, if you have a really great provider, they will research the kinds of tests available, and often be able to find an affordable one, and /or one who gives breaks based on income. With one company I know of, most people will qualify for 20 or 50 dollars total owed to that company.

Can you give me more information on this? We are looking at meds for a family member and I'd like to save the trial and error if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Can you give me more information on this? We are looking at meds for a family member and I'd like to save the trial and error if possible.
    I will message you details.

Family who lost 9 people in Sutherland Springs shooting files federal claim against Air Force
    By Kelsey Bradshaw, mySanAntonio.com
    Updated 4:38 pm, Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Air Force failed numerous times to take steps that would have prevented Sutherland Springs shooter Devin Patrick Kelley from purchasing the firearm he used to kill 26 people and wound 20 others, according to a claim filed by the Holcombe family, which lost 9 members in the massacre.
    The claim, filed against the U.S. government Tuesday specifically in the death of Bryan Holcombe, could be the first step to an eventual lawsuit if the Air Force denies responsibility.

The family is seeking monetary damages but said they are also hoping to prevent the type of error that allowed Kelley to purchase the tools he needed to carry out the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...s-12388654.php

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67