828 users online (105 members and 723 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    Was not entering his charges into a database a mistake? Intentional for some tracking/data purpose? I'm not surprised for whatever reason is given. Slightly OT. In the last decade, I've seen more and more 'mistakes' from all areas of life, and some even contributing to death of a person, yet constant reasons why, without taking responsibility. I don't understand it.

Years ago people had pride in their work and where they worked. If I worked for Pepsi, I'd tease someone that worked for Coke, and wouldn't be caught drinking any Coke products. (Just an example, never worked for either.) Employers valued employees that had been there awhile, and those that did a great job, and came to work ontime, didn't take lots of sick leave, or personal days.

I don't know what changed, but it's seldom I talk to anyone in any profession that takes their job seriously and takes pride in their work. If something isn't done, oh well, it either gets done by someone else, or doesn't get done, I don't care... that seems to be the attitude.

This shooting, like many others, is senseless, and I don't know how to stop them and apparently neither does anyone else.

The pages of discussion on if he legally got the guns, etc... well in the big picture, does it matter? NOPE! Because guess what? MURDER IS ILLEGAL!!! Yet that didn't stop him....those in the mindset to murder will do so. Their method may vary, but their intention and results are the same. Until we can identify and treat those with the mindset for murder, they will continue.
    Yes, I have noticed a decrease in the lack of commitment to one's work in the past decade or so. It's seems "acceptable" to be a slack-off. I don't get it.

Off topic, I suppose....

jmopinion

thepinkdragon is offline Verified US Army Veteran/Certified Veteran's Mental Health & PTSD Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghairrules View Post
    This is beyond disturbing...

The Department of Defense has reported only one domestic violence case to the federal database for gun purchase background checks, records show.

The authorities in Comal County, which includes Mr. Kelley’s hometown, New Braunfels, also released records on Monday that showed Mr. Kelley had been the subject of an investigation for sexual assault and rape by force in 2013. The investigation ended without the filing of any charges.

Air Force Error Allowed Texas Gunman to Buy Weapons
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/u...ng-church.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    <Screams> There are no words to express my rage at this point

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thepinkdragon View Post
    He broke his stepsons skull in 2012.... WHY wasn't it a Dishonorable? Talk about beyond bad conduct.....

https://nyti.ms/2hKKqrT

ETA: https://legaldictionary.net/dishonorable-discharge/

This has a summary of the types of discharges. I posted it in Thread 1. The distinction here is that you can still buy a weapon with a bad conduct discharge and that also allowed him to get a permit as a Security Guard. Now I know why I couldn't find the record of his court martial... how did they think they were going to hide what he did?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I wonder that too.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by Doghairrules View Post
    This is beyond disturbing...

The Department of Defense has reported only one domestic violence case to the federal database for gun purchase background checks, records show.

The authorities in Comal County, which includes Mr. Kelley’s hometown, New Braunfels, also released records on Monday that showed Mr. Kelley had been the subject of an investigation for sexual assault and rape by force in 2013. The investigation ended without the filing of any charges.

Air Force Error Allowed Texas Gunman to Buy Weapons
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/u...ng-church.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This gets worse and worse.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood

How many women does it take to tell authorities that this monster was a monster?

If only someone, anyone who who was capable of locking this guy up listened to these women.

I'm so pissed. People knew this monster was a monster! These women told authorities!!! These women were not taken seriously!

23 identified here. I'm amazed at the number of couples that died together....

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/suther...otos-pictures/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/u...626860&ref=cta

The community hosted a vigil for victims on Monday, gathering to remember the Holcombes and others. But Mr. Dunn said he had not attended because “their entire family is pretty much gone.”
    “There wasn’t anyone left to console,” he said.
    ..or so it appears.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post

These photos and descriptions took my breath away and I feel pain in my heart. Tears in my eyes as I type. These poor people, in a place they felt safe, a sacred place to them, a space to love their friends, family and community. All the children. The older people, would never have imagined such a fate. Couples together. It just hurts and I have no connection to this town or the people other than I know what it is like to lose someone and even feeling a teeny bit of their pain as I read about their loved one doesn't even compare to what at this moment they're going through...

What is this world and this life lately? It isn't what I thought. I thought my hope was running on empty...I'm merely on fumes now.

Well, they were probably all sitting next to their significant other. The description up thread of how he just waved his gun back and forth to spray bullets, it's not surprising at all.

Unhappy

So many lives lost.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood

Quote Originally Posted by iliketotalk15 View Post
    Well, they were probably all sitting next to their significant other. The description up thread of how he just waved his gun back and forth to spray bullets, it's not surprising at all.
    There were just so few where only one spouse died when both were in attendance.
    Made me wonder if it was intentional.... killing those who had what he did not.

If his wifes grandmother was killed, maybe he thought her mother was going to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by lindamichelle1 View Post
    If his wifes grandmother was killed, maybe he thought her mother was going to be there.
    I wonder if he left the church with the intention of finding her?
    Its a small building internally.. he would have easily seen who was there..
    ..or so it appears.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by kittythehare View Post
    I wonder if he left the church with the intention of finding her?
    Its a small building internally.. he would have easily seen who was there..
    Oh I mean, he went there to kill them knowing they would be inside plus anyone else who was there. It said in another article the wife's mother was a member of the church, but from reading around doesn't sound like she went this day.
    Yeah, he definitely could have been on his way to find them

Quote Originally Posted by MistyWaters View Post
    from the last thread -
    rsd1200 wrote:
    "Not being snarky, at all, but I don't think that I could ever heal from losing my child, then combined with the fact that he had murdered 27 people, no, I'd never heal."

I agree totally. Other parents of mass murderers have stated they'd give their lives in a moment if it could bring back the deceased. It does make me wonder if the primary intent of a crime such as this is to mentally and emotionally punish his parents for the rest of their lives. Knowing nothing about them, of course I can't say for sure but just imaging - to be haunted by guilt, what could they have done differently, what went wrong, should've they known, were there signs, etc something no parent could ever truly know the answers to.
    Sue Klebold's book "A Mother's Reckoning" is a perfect example of this. I admire her for the courage to write about her struggles, and how she has made attempts to bring awareness to mental health issues.

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast