1279 users online (257 members and 1022 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
    Yes, we are #2 to Yemen. Does that make you feel better?
    I was correcting misinformation. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I hope at some point in the future, DK's parents share some of his history. Do we even have a right to know? I'm in no way blaming his parents, I can't imagine being in their shoes.
    we probably do need to know why he believed he had to do that... after that, I dont think we do.
    ..or so it appears.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    The thing is, not all psychopaths will end up killing folks or torturing puppies. They all do lack empathy, and the ability to love, or care about other's feelings, though. There seems to be a sub-group that are the Dahmers, Bundys, Radars, etc...

The others that don't fall into that sub-group? They go out into the world and become cut-throat businessmen, politicians, cops, or thriving business owners in the community. One may even work, or live, next to a psychopath who has never committed a crime. However, If they accidentally, ran over a child, while driving down the road, they'd feel nothing. They can become good at mimicking the appropriate emotions for the moment, to blend in, though.

Then, there's the ones who fall into, what I call, a "sub-group" of psychopaths (or, Anti Social Personality Disorder, is what the new name is these days, I guess) then they kill for the fun of it, or because they are bored, it's a hobby, etc... It is something that they enjoy, and they have zero remorse.

The large majority of folks who would be diagnosed as psychopaths/ASPD do not go on rampaging murder sprees, torture their neighbor's pet, or become serial killers.

CARIIS, pleasecorrect my if I'm wrong (I've read up on personality disorders, quite a bit, over the years, but IANA doctor of any kind.).
    Trust me.....a Psycopath and a Sociopath aka ASPD are not one in the same
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

From

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-site.amp.html

Husband and wife Rod and Judy Green tell The Associated Press Friday that they are good friends with Devin Kelley's in-laws, and that Kelley had often exhibited troubling behavior.

Rod Green says that at a Christmas dinner one year, Kelley had "bragged about being armed." The Greens also said they watched Kelley closely when he showed up wearing all black last month at a festival at the church.
    11 people remain hospitalized.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    Trust me.....a Psycopath and a Sociopath aka ASPD are not one in the same
    I didn't say they were and not all sociopaths commit violent crimes...
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2¢.)

I didn't say they were and not all sociopaths commit violent crimes...
    Ok so it sounded like you were to me. Please expound upon the differences <modsnip>
    Last edited by sillybilly; 11-11-2017 at 12:58 AM. Reason: TOS does not allow snark / sniping
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I wonder why the US is the leader ?
    Lack of quality mental health has to factor in.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by vmmking View Post
    From

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-site.amp.html

11 people remain hospitalized.

From the bragging about guns, getting animals from Craig's List, among other things that others have said, that he's said, he seemed a bit narcissistic, and even juvenile, too. We already know he had anger management problems. I know it's private medical history, but, I would like to see what his diagnoses were, over the years. He seemed to have a lot of rage going on toward others, who he couldn't control. The pastor was trying to move him along, I'd guess he couldn't control his mil, he was estranged from his spouse so loss of control there. Just some observations.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    There is a correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates, states with higher rates of gun ownership have disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides, and weaker gun laws are common among the states with higher gun death rates. And gun owners are more likely to be killed with their own weapon (including killing themselves) or kill a loved one than use it to shoot a bad guy.

Just sharing the facts, not advocating either way.
    Not doubting this isn't true, but have a link so I can read? I've heard it repeated that Chicago has the tightest gun laws, yet the highest killings. Is that true too?

I just wish all this killing would end. ALL KILLINGS! I'm so sick of seeing thread after thread of someone murdered. Too bad the ones murdered weren't the other murderers, child molesters, child abusers, rapists, etc. Nope, usually someone just trying to live their life...and someone takes it from them.
    IMO
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    Ok so it sounded like you were to me. Please expound upon the differences <modsnip>

I was describing psychopaths. Psychopaths and sociopaths used to be two different diagnoses but now they are lumping them together in this Anti Social Personality Disorder diagnosis. Yes, they do have crossovers but, they are also different. If you'd like to talk about sociopaths, go right ahead.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 11-11-2017 at 12:59 AM. Reason: snipped quote

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    Not doubting this isn't true, but have a link so I can read? I've heard it repeated that Chicago has the tightest gun laws, yet the highest killings. Is that true too?

I just wish all this killing would end. ALL KILLINGS! I'm so sick of seeing thread after thread of someone murdered. Too bad the ones murdered weren't the other murderers, child molesters, child abusers, rapists, etc. Nope, usually someone just trying to live their life...and someone takes it from them.
    IMO
    False about Chicago. It does not have the highest murder rate per capita (no matter how many times Trump says so)!

But despite the soundbites, Chicago remains in the middle of the pack when homicide is measured on a per-capita basis. In 2016, the city had a rate of 27.9 killings per 100,000 residents — half that of St. Louis, whose*188 murdersamounted to 59.3 homicides per 100,000 people and preserved that city’s status as America’s murder capital. Baltimore placed second, with a homicide rate of 51.2, followed by Detroit, New Orleans, and Cleveland.*“Because Chicago has so many people, it can get a murder every day, and that gets people’s attention,” John Pfaff, a professor of law at Fordham Law School,*told The Trace recently. “When you focus on numbers, not rates, Chicago ends up looking worse because you forget just how big a city it is.”
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...y-america/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post

IMO
    Conclusions.*We observed a robust correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates. Although we could not determine causation, we found that states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828709/

From the bragging about guns, getting animals from Craig's List, among other things that others have said, that he's said, he seemed a bit narcissistic, and even juvenile, too. We already know he had anger management problems. I know it's private medical history, but, I would like to see what his diagnoses were, over the years. He seemed to have a lot of rage going on toward others, who he couldn't control. The pastor was trying to move him along, I'd guess he couldn't control his mil, he was estranged from his spouse so loss of control there. Just some observations.
    I know. I'm not sure what we're legally allowed to be told about (as opposed to what LE might be willing to share).

Texas gunman Devin Kelley's ex-wife says he "had a lot of demons"
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tessa-b...rland-springs/

An ex-wife of Devin Patrick Kelley, the Texas gunman who killed 26 people in a church, said Friday in her first interview since the massacre that she lived in constant fear of him, and more information is coming to light about his actions in the weeks leading up to the shooting.

Tessa Brennaman, 25, was Kelley's first wife, CBS News' Omar Villafranca reports.

Devin Kelley should of never been in the Air Force for someone who is extremely easy to anger. For nearly killing his step son, he should of been locked up for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by HMSHood; 11-11-2017 at 12:02 AM.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    Texas gunman Devin Kelley's ex-wife says he "had a lot of demons"
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tessa-b...rland-springs/

An ex-wife of Devin Patrick Kelley, the Texas gunman who killed 26 people in a church, said Friday in her first interview since the massacre that she lived in constant fear of him, and more information is coming to light about his actions in the weeks leading up to the shooting.

Tessa Brennaman, 25, was Kelley's first wife, CBS News' Omar Villafranca reports.

Devin Kelley should of never been in the Air Force. For nearly killing his step son, he should of been locked up for the rest of his life.
    She was brave to speak out and give an interview. Although she isn't obligated to, it gives the public and victims a sense of who this guy really was which I think is a very important part of the healing process for many IMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    ~ Unless it's a link from MSM, all comments are JMO ~

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast