CA - Twins Chrissy & Michelle Perry, 4 wks, suffocated, Lompoc, 22 Jan 2006

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Police: Man high on drugs rolled over in his sleep, suffocated daughters

LOMPOC, Calif. (AP) — A man high on methamphetamine rolled over in his sleep and suffocated his 1-month-old twin daughters, police said.

The man and the girls' mother were sharing their bed with the babies, who died Monday.

Jason Moises Gomez, 31, was ordered held without bail on suspicion of child endangerment causing death, being under the influence of a controlled substance and violating probation, police said.

The babies' mother, Christa Perry, 35, was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance but was released.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0125/suffocated_ap.html

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says 515 babies died in the United States while sleeping in beds with adults from 1990 through 1997. Of those infants, 121 died after an adult rolled onto or against them.

this is the kinda crap that ticks me off! They don't even deserve to be parents!
I can't even get pregnant and then these low lifes had 2 precious gifts. Hope they rot in jail. :furious:

I heard this story yesterday...I agree with Alpharee...it is so sad that people like them are ever blessed with children. This isn't funny, but when I heard this on the radio, I thought that the reporter said that the man did some MATH and then fell over.

it is very sad that people are so careless when dealing with a human being, especially babies. You have no business getting high and sleeping with them, what kind of parents are they :loser:

LatteDa said:
I heard this story yesterday...I agree with Alpharee...it is so sad that people like them are ever blessed with children. This isn't funny, but when I heard this on the radio, I thought that the reporter said that the man :laugh:did some MATH and then fell over.
But back on topic, I really wish there were some way to require people to be licensed to be parents before being allowed to procreate. I know that will never happen, but I wonder if there isn't some way on God's green earth to protect children from negligent, abusive and otherwise dangerous parents.

Researcher said:
But back on topic, I really wish there were some way to require people to be licensed to be parents before being allowed to procreate. I know that will never happen, but I wonder if there isn't some way on God's green earth to protect children from negligent, abusive and otherwise dangerous parents.
There has to be a way to protect the children of today, its a scary world for some kids...Shoot for that matter all kids, we can only pray that God will protect ours when they leave the house for school and other activities. I am telling you parenting scares the crap out of me, i pray that God keeps my child safe all the time....

I have an adopted son, if every parent had to go thru what we did to be able to adopt, more than half of these parents would not have their children! I think they should be require to have this done for natural parents too!

This is totally why people should get one of these:

41015_204840_md.jpg
29026_201977_md.jpg

The first one is called a Snuggle Nest and you can put it on your bed and it gives the baby a little bit of protection but not much. The only nice thing about it is that it has mesh sides so if the baby happens to roll over they can still breathe. I would use the co-sleeper crib though cause I think it's a lot safer (that particular one is $299 on babycenter.com but there are some that cost less and aren't solid wood like that one is). I would be so paranoid if I had a baby sleeping with me, I don't think I'd sleep at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back