Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First and foremost Websleuths is a true crime discussion forum. A very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. Rarely do these two descriptions collide. In the Papini case, discussion forum and victim friendly forum smash head-on into each other.

First and foremost we are a discussion forum.

Because there are many mainstream media articles about the discrepancies in Sherri’s story, we must allow a discussion to contain opinions that Sherri is not truthful, and the next logical leap is we must allow the theory that Sherri is not telling the truth about her kidnapping.

This is very difficult. We have the police saying they believe Sherri is telling the truth yet there are discrepancies.

Not that this played any part in my decision on what to allow in the Papini discussion I can tell you I can’t find anyone who believes her other than a handful of posters on Websleuths.

Let me just throw this out there…what if everyone is wrong? Can you imagine the pain?

Before I tell you the rules for discussion Sherri’s case, I want to envision you are sitting with Sherri, her husband, and her CHILDREN, while you are telling them your theory. Keep that vision in your mind while you type your post.

Whatever you choose to say (within TOS of course) you can do so in a kind and mature manner. With that in mind here is what is now open for discussion.

*You can discuss the discrepancies in Sherri's statements, her husband's, or anyone else who has given a statement to the police.

*You can discuss the discrepancies reported by the mainstream media. Example: Fox News Story http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/2...uestions-over-super-mom-kidnapping-claim.html

*You can discuss, like a mature person who is expressing their opinion in front of the whole Papini family, why you believe Sherri Papini is not telling the truth. A side note if you want I would love to read your theories on why the police are so adamant she is telling the truth

*You cannot use rumor and innuendo to explain your theory as to why Papini made up the kidnapping story. Must be fact-based. Meaning mainstream media and police sources.

If everyone uses common sense and does not reduce this discussion to name calling and all kinds of other immature acts, we shouldn’t have a problem.

Basing your opinion/posts on the facts in this case and doing so in a mature manner will mean the Papini thread will stay open. We shouldn't have any problems.

http://fox8.com/2017/10/27/a-year-a...s-mysterious-disappearance-new-info-surfaces/

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-dna-male-alleged-abduction/

BACKSTORY:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County

This case utterly mystifies me. Clearly something happened that resulted in SP exhibiting injuries. Yet her story doesn't seem to add up. I am trying to imagine scenarios which would have caused her to be invested in deflecting attention from whatever really happened but I can only come up with speculation, which would not be appropriate to share here.

I guess I also wonder if the police really do fully believe her story or are just being careful not to slander her - just in case. Discrepancies typically cause LE to cast a jaded eye on a case.

She does appear to be a person who highly values a particular type of self image. So if this scenario involved something like an infidelity, maybe that would cause her to create a cover story. But her current image of someone who MAY BE untruthful and who MAY HAVE caused untold and unjustified fear and worry to her loved ones is not so hot. I wonder if she feels this is preferable to revealing something "imperfect" in her life. And if so, does this indicate her putting a lot of pressure on herself, or does she typically experience a lot of pressure and expectations from those around her? And what would happen if she violated such expectations, if they exist?

I keep monitoring this thread not because I have anything to contribute, but because this is so odd and such a puzzler that I really hope we learn the truth one day. We all invested a lot of concern and brainpower while she was missing, not to mention the efforts expended by LE, and her friends and family. I can't really say we "deserve" answers but it sort of feels like we do (even though here on WS we volunteered and weren't required to care).

In the last thread there were posts about neighbors never seeing Sherri jogging. This neighbor say's she never saw Sherri jog or even go to the mailbox or seemingly anywhere.

Betty Vaughn, 72, whose home overlooks the spot where Papini was allegedly kidnapped, told DailyMail.com that the discovery was 'strange'.

'The phone was found with the headphones wrapped around it – it was strange, like it had been placed there,' she said.
Asked if Papini was often seen in the area, she said: 'Not at all. I've never seen her jogging, never seen her coming up to the mailboxes.
'I've been living here for 20 years so you would have thought I would have seen her at some point.'

If you listen to Keith Papini's 911 call he tells the 911 dispatcher "She started running again." It appears she started jogging recently and that could be why the neighbors don't recall ever seeing her out running.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4718540/Kidnapping-victim-Sherri-Papini-lives-recluse.html

http://www.ktvu.com/news/911-call-suspect-sketches-dna-evidence-released-in-sherri-papini-case

I believe her. Branded, broken nose, emaciated. They let her go because she was too “hot”, a liability. Everyone was talking about this case. I have immense sympathy for her, and pray she is healing. Strong woman.

Bumping new thread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-captors-leaves-home-husband-two-kids.html

Can't help but notice the photos in this article showing Sherri P, husband and kids coming outside where reporters and photographers are waiting, Sherri comes out with a red dish of water and just sets it down and then returns to the house. She is totally covered, hood, cap, heavy coat but her little girl is not wearing a coat and is barefoot. This appears to me to be a photo op
and nothing more.
Interesting as well to me are the comments under photo saying that husband was initially cleared but but it appears LE are still considering him.

Don't understand why she would come out at all with the reporters there only to place the dish outside. And why is one child heavily dressed like his mother but one child without shoes and no jacket?

Thanks Tricia!
I want to catch up but I need to go back as well... :gaah:

In terms of KP giving misleading statements. It is not necessary that he be totally 'truthful' when the media are asking questions. This is his nearest and dearest, so he is going to embellish and be sympathetic and maybe he even exaggerates, we might never get a clear picture of what happened to SP from him no matter how many questions are asked. Hose clamps here hose clamps there, t-shirt, sweat shirt, bruised nose, broken nose. It is not for him to give the facts to the media he is protecting his wife and the 'ordeal' she went through.

I truly hope SP is getting help because it cannot be easy to go back to a normal life after this 'incident'. And if she refuses help then that would raise red flags for me.

Also how do you think the dynamics of their relationship would change? That has got to be something incredibly difficult!

In the last thread there were posts about neighbors never seeing Sherri jogging. This neighbor say's she never saw Sherri jog or even go to the mailbox or seemingly anywhere.

If you listen to Keith Papini's 911 call he tells the 911 dispatcher "She started running again." It appears she started jogging recently and that could be why the neighbors don't recall ever seeing her out running.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4718540/Kidnapping-victim-Sherri-Papini-lives-recluse.html

http://www.ktvu.com/news/911-call-suspect-sketches-dna-evidence-released-in-sherri-papini-case

I remember discussion of some 5k run that she had done the year before and was preparing to do again. I hope that's true because that seems like normal behavior. What we haven't heard over the past year is any kind of independent testimony of who Sherri Papini is and what her life was like leading up to the disappearance.

Family members said she was a super mom who had her kids' activities all planned out. What activities, if no one ever saw her leave the house? I just have this image of a person who was less than stable, so her husband kept her at home and covered for her. And that would explain the kids and the daycare - maybe she couldn't handle them by herself, and so they were only home when Keith was home.

This could be totally wrong and unfair, but it comes from what we know and don't know. At some point we need to hear from Sherri herself if they want the tide of public opinion to turn.

The photos are by someone lurking with a zoom lens. There were no reporters and no press conference. The P family most likely didn’t realize they were there. Creepy paparazzi (or worse yet, creepy neighbors).

KP is carrying the barefoot child and it looks like they were outside for a few moments, so the clothing is not a big deal IMHO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-captors-leaves-home-husband-two-kids.html

Can't help but notice the photos in this article showing Sherri P, husband and kids coming outside where reporters and photographers are waiting, Sherri comes out with a red dish of water and just sets it down and then returns to the house. She is totally covered, hood, cap, heavy coat but her little girl is not wearing a coat and is barefoot. This appears to me to be a photo op
and nothing more.
Interesting as well to me are the comments under photo saying that husband was initially cleared but but it appears LE are still considering him.

Don't understand why she would come out at all with the reporters there only to place the dish outside. And why is one child heavily dressed like his mother but one child without shoes and no jacket?

I believe her. Branded, broken nose, emaciated. They let her go because she was too “hot”, a liability. Everyone was talking about this case. I have immense sympathy for her, and pray she is healing. Strong woman.

BBM;
I agree and believe her (to a degree) as people know, but aren't we stuck on the "why"? I understand the "leaving" but why the "taking" . What was the motive?.

And as another poster asked, who would go to the expense just to let her go? The expense, the risk, the time, the trouble, etc.
Wake up, check the hostage, eat breakfast, beat the hostage, have lunch, rake the leaves, beat the hostage, do some laundry check Facebook, check the hostage, talk on the phone, beat the hostage, eat dinner, relax... And whatever... and every day for 22 days?

It's insanity. More so on them than her IMO.

BBM;
I agree and believe her (to a degree) as people know, but aren't we stuck on the "why"? I understand the "leaving" but why the "taking" . What was the motive?.

And as another poster asked, who would go to the expense just to let her go? The expense, the risk, the time, the trouble, etc.
Wake up, check the hostage, eat breakfast, beat the hostage, have lunch, rake the leaves, beat the hostage, do some laundry check Facebook, check the hostage, talk on the phone, beat the hostage, eat dinner, relax... And whatever... and every day for 22 days?

There are a lot of strange fetishes out there. What if SP and/or KP had a kidnapping fantasy? Maybe she had an active life online and ended up meeting someone with the money/resources to bring the plan to life.

Seems far fetched, but I recall in the news a man who had a fantasy where he wanted someone to kill him and eat him. And he found someone online who was willing, and did it.

and nothing more.

This looks to me, IMO an article from last January. The red "bowl" she has looks like a hummingbird feeder. Not sure if hummingbirds are around in January in California.

From the article:
..."During a canvas of the area on that day, detectives located video surveillance of Sherri Papini walking in the area of a nearby Jehovah's Witness church located at 13980 County Road 99W, Woodland, CA. Upon review of the video surveillance, only one camera located on the south side of the building captured Sherri Papini walking in the area of the Highway 99W and the Interstate 5 northbound interchange. Sherri Papini can be seen running to the church north on Highway 99W and then south on Highway 99W until she goes out of view, heading toward the Interstate 5 northbound on-ramp."...

IMO - I saw someone running.Was there footage of her walking?

BBM;

And....who would risk driving and letting her go? Most people aren't out in the hours before dawn, but there is no guarantee that nobody would see your car and witness Sherri exiting the car while the driver drove off. Maybe all the driving around Sherri mentions was the driver making sure no one was around, but it still seems like a risk that nobody take as a prank - they risked real criminal charges.

That's my lingering question that keeps me on the fence.

jmopinion

There are a lot of strange fetishes out there. What if SP and/or KP had a kidnapping fantasy? Maybe she had an active life online and ended up meeting someone with the money/resources to bring the plan to life.

Seems far fetched, but I recall in the news a man who had a fantasy where he wanted someone to kill him and eat him. And he found someone online who was willing, and did it.

I have not seen any evidence to indicate some fetish. LE has all the resources to trace the electronic footprints.In fact I think the only reason to even mention Michigan Man was to illustrate how deeply they have looked in case some player out there does not think they can. They can.
The cat-fishing, firewalls, apps that scrub and all that LE can always call upon FBI and HSI to investigate and use their services.
If something seemed hinky to LE or to, well, especially nurses, Doctors, Scans, Xrays, etc some red flag would have gone up.
The most bizarre fantasies online do exist. I know. I just don't see it here.
IMO If LE thought this was bogus I do not think it would be in the news again (still).

JMO

So then I am left with this very nagging"WTF". Not too be crude. Something happened to her. It's unheard of considering all of what the "facts" are so far.
They could have shot her and dumped her if something went awry.
Feels like right now everything is :deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member