1267 users online (181 members and 1086 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaPisces View Post
    Exactly. Was it even a house? If they had fast food, what fast food was it, from where?

And I'm stuck on this journey. As you said, surely they could narrow it down. I imagine that her number 1 priority wasn't to count the seconds from the time she got in that vehicle to the time she got out but she would know if she was in the car for an hour or less for instance.

It makes zero sense for LE to not release details of what she remembers of where she was held. Unless she's not offering anything up. It does seem as if LE could somewhat trace the steps though with a few details, like the ones you have pointed out.
    It makes a lot of sense why LE wouldn't release such info. It would risk the integrity of the investigation. Holding stuff back is how they sift through the crazies who want attention and people with reql
    info that matches.

Quote Originally Posted by bears10 View Post
    Same. She remembers cradling a blanket and rocking it as if it was her daughter, slamming young latina's head into the toilet, hearing a gun shot which may or may not have been young latina murdering old latina.... but what about the things that can help LE possible identify her captors and where she was held?
    Eeesh. Really good points. And I think that's what troubles LE. She doesn't remember the important stuff. Suddenly she's too traumatized to recall or had her head down all the time so can't remember or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by deoneta View Post
    As usual, all I know about sex trafficking crimes is from ID TV. I have seen a few cases where women were used to "recruit" or control victims. While it might be rare, I don't think it's impossible. What makes me have my doubts about the sex trafficking angle is the history of self harm/family issues.

The only thing that seems certain is that somebody else is involved for SP to be found 150 miles from home. I would think it would be easy to eliminate the spouse as that person but what person or persons could it be?
    I've seen the same things. I've never heard of a case where they're not raped like almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by cattlekate View Post
    Excellent post. These are such basic questions. Did LE ask them? Did Sherri answer any of them?
    Of course LE asked. The damn FBI is even involved. She has given nothing of substance. That's the weird part of this case.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

The occasional off topic post is okay, but 25 off topic posts have just been removed and I don't have the time to go further back.

Please stay on topic folks.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by natsound View Post
    I'd like to know how clean she was, how clean her clothes and undergarments were, and if her teeth were brushed.
    Well I still want to know if her roots were freshly done.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeInLA View Post
    For whoever asked upthread, no, we do not commonly have basements in California. I won't say never, but I don't know anyone who has one.
    I have one!
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Quote Originally Posted by erinp View Post
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...117110028.html At this link you can listen to a partial clip of the dispatch call from the CHP where they say that she is chained to something. It does not make sense to me that they would be saying she is chained to something, if the something is "herself".

The second interesting thing out of this call is that the caller is saying that she is on the northbound side of the I5 Freeway, to the south of Yolo. This is confusing to me, because when I look at google maps and the location of the Jehovah's Witness hall in relation to Yolo, I don't see how it can be described as anything other than north-west of Yolo. She must have had to run a long way down the freeway to be in a position where she can be described as "south of Yolo".
    That is because from the Kingdom Hall Sherri went south along Highway 99 until she got to Highway 17. Then she went west about 100 feet and ran down the exit ramp from I-5 and went a little further south along the I-5 North shoulder to where she tried to flag down traffic.

In the video the camera is looking ESE. The street lights you see are the street lights in front of the houses on Highway 17 in Yolo proper.

I once lost a lot of weight because I was sick in hospital and couldn't eat. Lost about 40 lbs (down to 115 lbs). I had no energy when I was finally released.
    I could barely walk a short distance.
    She was down to 87 pounds, if I read correctly, when she was released.
    Yet, she runs consistently quite well on the video...not just in one direction, but in the opposite direction (for whatever reason she turned around, to keep running).
    Seems weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro4WS View Post
    That is because from the Kingdom Hall Sherri went south along Highway 99 until she got to Highway 17. Then she went west about 100 feet and ran down the exit ramp from I-5 and went a little further south along the I-5 North shoulder to where she tried to flag down traffic.

In the video the camera is looking ESE. The street lights you see are the street lights in front of the houses on Highway 17 in Yolo proper.
    What you've said is all true. None of it changes the fact that the caller on the radio said she was found "south of Yolo". Look on google maps. The location of the kingdom hall and overpass cannot in anyway be described as south of Yolo.

Weight loss is totally variable. I was 100 lbs and could run 5 km (2 miles?) easily. I would have found it easy to drop to around 90 lbs without eating. It was a matter of being disciplined. Was I anorexic - yeah probably, but weight control is easy when you are in that zone. I don't doubt SP could run like the wind at 87 lbs - (but also remember this is what KP says..... has LE verified this?) POW have run for their lives I am sure at lesser BMI's. I was always freezing cold at low weight and wore a cardigan almost always but never unfit and unable to sprint. Just saying...
    IMHO MOO MOO MOO

[bbm]

the truth IMO

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    She didnt. Poor thing.

They're something big missing from this story.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeInLA View Post
    I wonder why local media have not done a freedom of information act request to get photos of the brand.
    I'm sure some of them have submitted a request, but they can be turned down, and then the news org. would have to challenge that legally.

Quote Originally Posted by erinp View Post
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...117110028.html At this link you can listen to a partial clip of the dispatch call from the CHP where they say that she is chained to something. It does not make sense to me that they would be saying she is chained to something, if the something is "herself".

The second interesting thing out of this call is that the caller is saying that she is on the northbound side of the I5 Freeway, to the south of Yolo. This is confusing to me, because when I look at google maps and the location of the Jehovah's Witness hall in relation to Yolo, I don't see how it can be described as anything other than north-west of Yolo. She must have had to run a long way down the freeway to be in a position where she can be described as "south of Yolo".
    Scanner traffic is always unreliable. I don't know why it's so often wrong, but it is. I'm amazed police officers can find crime scenes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jbc View Post
    I once lost a lot of weight because I was sick in hospital and couldn't eat. Lost about 40 lbs (down to 115 lbs). I had no energy when I was finally released.
    I could barely walk a short distance.
    She was down to 87 pounds, if I read correctly, when she was released.
    Yet, she runs consistently quite well on the video...not just in one direction, but in the opposite direction (for whatever reason she turned around, to keep running).
    Seems weird to me.
    AFAIK KP is the only person who has said SP lost weight down to 87 pounds. He seems to be an exaggerator on other points. I have learned to take anything he says with a grain of salt. He has a flair for the dramatic.

Papini alleges her release followed an argument between the two suspects, in which the younger suspect drove her to a rural area near I-5 and set her free.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sherri-...she-was-found/

Sounds like Sherri heard the argument
    So she must have heard two female voices?
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

"I don't think you can put a sticker or hallmark stamp on how much has gone into it, there's been a lot of work that we have exhausted, all legal investigative avenues," said Jackson.

I am not sure what this means.
    Does it mean there are no legal investigative avenues left?
    Last edited by Dushi; 11-10-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    "I don't think you can put a sticker or hallmark stamp on how much has gone into it, there's been a lot of work that we have exhausted, all legal investigative avenues," said Jackson.

I am not sure what thsi means.
    Does it mean there are no legal investigative avenues left?
    That's odd because he also says:

"We are working on several leads currently that we have not been able to rule out or discount, so leads we are actively looking at, and we are moving forward in hopes of catching the captors," added Jackson.
    Maybe the investigative avenues refers only to the video or when and where she was dropped off?

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast